Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2019 Babies

Replies

• I didnt have large clots, just frequent smaller ones. I was told last week (they started again with bright red blood) by the hospital to mention anything bigger than 50p to the midwives/doctors. Wouldn't hurt to mention it, I know I would be completley freaking out if I saw that at the bottom of the  know itoilet.It's common enough so they will probably just tell you to keep a eye on it. 

Seems the NCT or NHS advice on DTD is there's no specific waiting time, just whatever doesn't hurt lol

• Thanks @Bluehawaii90 - I mentioned it but she didn't seem overly concerned. To be fair she didn't really ask about me at all, just checked Jamie and left. He's gained another 3oz so only 11oz to go back to birth weight. His jaundice levels are going down a bit too which is something.

He also seems to be hellbent on cluster feeding tonight. He's been wanting on every 20 minutes or so and then just messes about rather than filling himself and I'm hurting from his constant slipping off midlatch. They suggested maybe giving him a few oz of formula to help with weight gain - I don't really want to if I can help it, has anyone else had to do it early on and it's not affected their supply? I've been trying to pump a little as well but can never seem to get anything over 1oz. I'm pretty sure both boobs are empty and hes going to wake any moment. Someone please help me, any advice would be welcome. 
  • @EvelynsMummy6390 I’ve not had to supplement but know how you feel with the night time cluster feeding. I feel empty most of the time but as soon as baby latches and gets to work, your boobs will produce more on demand. Pumps can’t replicate a baby so you will struggle to get much off until your supply has settled I was told. 3 weeks pp and I’m struggling to get more than 20ml with a pump apart from first thing in the morning!

Has anyone else got stitches that won’t dissolve? I have one stubborn one that won’t go and not sure what to do about it? 
  • leahs had her scan on her hips and she’s been referred for shallow hip on the right side. Left is ok though 😩 bit sad as it looks like she’s inherited my dodgy joints.
  • Ah @Larat84! Did they say she will need to go into the harness? I think I remember you saying you had hip dysplasia when you were a baby? Sophia has had her harness on for just over a week now, I found the first day or two quite hard but now she’s use to it and I’ve got use to it xxx
  • @mrsg101 They said it was slightly shallow so I’m hoping to avoid it. I got a call for appointment on Monday so I’m a bit more worried now as they made out I wouldn’t hear until new year. If she does need a harness it will be fitted on Christmas Eve the nurse said on the phone x
  • Morning all, we're still struggling with Milk here. Anything other than SMA ready mixed (at £3 a carton!) And he gets really bloated and gassy. What formula are people using? 

We saw the health visitor yesterday, she was really nice and just said to go with our instincts with him and try him on everything as some babies will prefer one milk over the other. He's clearly getting something in him because he's up 1lb from last week to 9lb 9oz now. 

Evan is not impressed by my choice of outfit for him today 😂

• Blue hawaii every where is so different, we have always used cow and gate an when the doctor said Evah had colic he said to try the comfort milk so we bought some then the health visitor said not to change her milk unless it’s the last resort 🤷🏻‍♀️ I had her at the doctors Monday to check her rash an she keeps sicking up her feed so he gave her gaviscon which has made her constipated 😩 it’s really set her back crying all the time again 😞 
  • She’s just having what will probably be a 5 minute nap she really doesn’t do sleeping 
  • He's going crazy for milk. He's had 16oz across 3 feeds and it's only lunch time! Going by the SMA guide he's drinking the same level as a 2 month old, so God knows what we will be like in another 6 weeks 😩 it says on average 3 week old babies have 6 bottles a day...that means he only gets 2 more today...I think not at his rate! 

We've got him on Dentinox, so we're going to try moving him back onto powder even if it backs him up for a couple of days because we literally can't afford the milk at this rate. A box of powder is £10 and lasts about a week, the ready mixed stuff is costing £30! Almost half of what I spend on shopping a week!! 🙄
  • @Larat84 Keep me posted. I’ve got a scan again on Sophia’s hips on 2nd Jan, I don’t know at what point they will give an update, I think it may be too early then? We will see. She is doing fine with it on though, first couple of days were hard but it doesn’t take them long to settle.

I’m using Hipp Organic Formula. My LO loves it and it has good reviews. I think it’s a bit of trial and error with formula and seems to be different for each baby xxx @Bluehawaii90

• @Bluehawaii90 with Evie she got a really iffy tummy with formula at first. Although the midwife isn't really meant to recommend a formula she did say Sainsburys and Aldis own brand are milder on their tummies (something to do with levels of milk solids) and they're only 6 or 7 quid a tin I'm sure so maybe worth a shot?

@MrsG101 it's great they're keeping such a close eye on it. I suppose being so little their joints will be relatively easy to manipulate. Jamie's got a scan appointment to check his hips through for January 17th.

We're 11 days old today and had our first visit from the HV. Earlier in the week he had been on his way to regaining some of his lost weight but today he's slipped back again to 7lb15 which is a full lb less than his birth weight. I've no idea how because he's constantly being fed. We're going to the feeding clinic on Christmas Eve so they can check his latch etc as I was already concerned by the trouble he's having getting on at first! 
  • Larat84Larat84 Regular
    edited Dec 20, 2019 11:55AM
    @MrsG101 I will do, she had her six week check yesterday and the doctor noticed what hip it was. I’ve also noticed she doesn’t kick that leg as much. We will see what Monday brings.

Once in a harness they can improve quickly, and they have to check the positioning. They might give an indication at the scan.

leah has started being fussy of her feeds. She’s just thrown up most of her bottle.
  • Merry Christmas ladies! How’s everyone getting on? 

• Just had Imogen’s hip scan and all is good 😊 we are doing well and can’t believe she’s 1 month today! 😮 

• Merry Christmas everyone!

@LivyLouby I'm glad Imogens scan went OK!

I'd posted the other day that Jamie had slipped down to 7lb15. We got a cancellation appointment at the breastfeeding clinic to see if they could help with anything the next day and he was down another 2oz overnight so we had to go and see the paediatrician for blood tests etc. Everything came back totally normal and he looks like he's latching normally so I've been told to give him formula top ups for the week until he gets back nearer his birth weight. I feel awful but they said it's quite common and the formula isn't forever so I've reluctantly been giving him it. He's only taking about 15ml at a time after he's been on the breast so my supply must be catching up (there's a couple of occasions he's taken slightly more and then projectile vomited it back at me so I'm having to be careful or it's back to square one). Back at the hospital on Friday to be checked again and for his hearing test so hoping for a gain!

I hope you all have lovely plans for the next few days with your little ones and has a nice peaceful time. Here's to Christmas with kids! 
  • Hi ladies,

Leah is in a harness for next 8 weeks she taken to it well though.

awww @EvelynsMummy6390 like they said formula isn’t forever and at the moment it’s just to help him along. I got my fingers crossed Jamie goes up in weight soon and back on your milk.

Merry Christmas all, hope you all have a wonderful day with your little ones!!
  • Merry Christmas everyone :-).

Thats good that she’s taken well to her harness. We aren’t sure how long Sophia’s is on for but they said up to around 12 weeks. For clothing if you struggle with it, M and S do fab hip dysplasia clothing. Also join the charity Steps on Facebook it’s really handy xxx @Larat84
  • The doctor said it was until she is 12 weeks first they said he wanted her to stay in it until she’s 16 weeks old so it’s about 8 weeks left. We have a check up today on how we fit the harness. My m and s order is coming Monday! I didn’t get many of them just a few so we have them if we need them.

She was so happy over Christmas I was surprised how smiley she was. We even got a giggle out of her 😍

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas xxx
  • Afternoon ladies, Merry Christmas! 

We are all poorly here, Baby Evan too. Harper has a chest infection and is on antibiotics since Christmas Eve. Evan started with a cough on Christmas day and we ended up calling 111 on boxing Day with him. They sent an ambulance based on him having a rumble everytime he breathed. They checked him over again and said it's thankfully just a viral cold. 

I woke up to a present from aunt Flo on Christmas day, I thought it was the pp bleeding again, but I'm pretty sure it's my period 4 weeks exactly to the day and it's been consistent (not heavy). They I started with a cough on Christmas day night and now have a full blown cold 😩 properly fed up this month now! 

Other than illness, we have had two nice days with family where both kids have been spoilt rotten. My mum and dad bought Evan a Batman baby grow, this went straight on 😂 mum also got a few smiles out of him, but we weren't quick enough each time! 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions