Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2020 Babies

Replies

• They are so hard arent they
    Evelyn is so clingy, crabby and generally miserable I'm lucky if I get her to smile at me before she starts to whine. Lockdown is hard, especially for new mums like us. Stay strong ladies 💪💪
    Up every hr again last night, I've put cartoons on for my 3 year old and I'm bursting for a wee but I darent move my baby whose currently having a good nap on me xx
  • Weve had a hard night tonight has anyone had babies experiencing allergies I know I've mentioned before about everleigh showing signs of allergies since weaning but the hive type rash has appeared without her having any food and i rang and spoke to the doctor when more symptoms have been happening shes sneezing alot coughing at times and I put her up for a nap and I could hear through the monitor that she was struggling like breathing heavy as if her blanket was over her looked and it wasnt she was just flapping around breathing very heavy so the doctor yesterday said he thinks it could be a milk allergy so put her on a prescription milk I dont think it is this as it's only started recently she wont drink the milk she hates it even shudders when trying to drink it bless her then tonight she was so unsettled crying I went up and got her and she kept sticking her tounge out so far like she had no control over it I've never seen her ever do that and was like she was In a trance every time she was doing it knowing there tounge can swell due to allergy  i raced down to our local urgent care by the time they told me off over the intercom for not having an appointment and to wait in the car well they got there ppe on she was fine again they've adviced to speak to doctor tomorrow and ring an ambulance if it happens again I'm not giving her that new milk again till I speak to the doctor as I'm sure it's made her worse I'm trying to think what type of allergy it can be is there not tests they can do rather than just trialing her on what they think it could be xx
  • Oh Rainbow you’re having a time of it aren’t you. 

I know this may seem glib but could it have been dehydration combined with the heat causing that funny reaction?

I know Lewis always sticks his tongue out like that repeatedly when he’s thirsty or hungry and dehydration and heatstroke can cause funny breathing. It would match what you said about Everleigh being ok by the time to doc saw her - she had cooled down. Just a thought but you know your little one best. X
  • RainbowsunshineRainbowsunshine Regular
    edited Jun 3, 2020 9:29AM
    Could maybe have been due to dehydration as she hadn't drunk much with trying to give her that milk the other thing I've since thought could the tounge thing maybe be due to acid reflux as shes on anti reflux milk since 3 weeks old and this new one is just like water 

I'm putting the rash mainly down to the food as ive given her some apple and blueberries this morning and half an hour later her arm has the hives rash again but I'm wondering if maybe the heat as made it worse as one day it flared up really bad and we was outside I did wonder then if the heat caused that one 

Waiting on the doctor ringing back I'm hoping they can keep her on her normal milk as shes been so unsettled with this one and its took us so long to get her in a routine now I feel like it's all going to be undone shes got her last set of injection today aswell so probably in for another horriable day 🙄

Hows lewis doing xxx
  • oh no @rainbowsunshine what milk have they put Everleigh on? Freddie has Similac Alimentum for his milk allergy but that’s the least hypoallergenic milk.. I remember with my 8 year old the more hypoallergenic the milk is the worse they taste. Xx
  • I would imagine that heat would definitely make hives worse. Could you ask the doc about adding thickener to the allergy milk if he/she says you have to stay on it? I use carobel to manage Lewis’s reflux and it’s ok to use x
  • They've prescribed her aptamil pepti 1 I've spoke to the doctor who has agreed its possible it may be an allergy to the food rather than the milk so I'm to keep a diary for 2 weeks and then they will refer her to an allergy clinic but he said to do the referral they would of wanted them to try a milk free diet first so I'm to carry on but he said he would prescribe some thickener when I had been looking up about the reflux I came across people saying about the cow and gate carobel so I ordered some luckily it arrived today as when I picked up the prescription they had prescribed aptamil anti reflux milk so still milk in it 🙄 I've used the carobel for one feed so far and she taking to it better so fingers crossed 

Shes had her last injection poor baby screamed so much never seen her face go so red at the moment thou all is good so hopefully we dont end up with the high temps this time xxx
  • Oh poor baby. Lewis has his last ones and it was the only set to give him a temp but it was short lived. Fingers crossed she doesn’t have too bad a reaction. Sending you big hugs mama. You’ll get there xx
  • Oh @rainbowsunshine the prescribing criteria must be different there. I though pepti was meant to be the most palatable 😭. Please keep us updated as to how you are all getting on, it must be awful for you all. Freddie also has his last jabs (finally) on Monday. He did so well with no fevers or anything. Only concern is what a pig he is! He’s got 2 jumperoos and is too tall for one already 😂xx
  • Shes still been really struggling on that milk so I've put her back on her reflux one and just keeping a two week diary of what she eats and when the rashes appear it seems to be more when shes eaten fruit the doctor said if she really wasnt taking to it I could go back shes much more settled now 
    Injections wasnt to bad she was fine till 1.15am 🙄 then her temp went up to 38.8 but came down ok with calpol was very upset this afternoon and hot again so just gave more calpol and shes been fine since fingers crossed she will have gotten over them now
    Aww bless him he must be long @Geriatricmum everleighs still on the lowest one on hers shes just chunky I got one of them bath seats and it's hard to squeeze her legs in 😂😂 xxx
  • Hi girls, how are we all doing? How are the babies? 

Little Sophia is a proper little character now. Clapping hands and babbling along, she is a very serious baby though, she doesn't giggle much, just a slight laugh, bless her. 
    She loves nothing more than to bounce up and down, she has such strong legs! 

Hope your all well xxx
  • How gorgeous!! Hope everyone is coping in this awful heat 🥵

Evelyn doesnt really babble at all, which is totally different from what her sister used to be like.
    Shes very demanding of me and not chilled out at all. She can sit up, laugh, and roll both ways
    She has only just managed to sleep longer than 2 hrs at night and 30 minutes for her naps but even today she has missed a nap for some reason. She is so much harder baby. I'm doing a mix of blw and puree which she is sort of getting the hang of. She is absolutely massive, still being breastfed but now have introduced a bottle at bedtime and morning now for when I go back to work but I'm thinking of taking an extra two months I wasnt planning on having.

• Hi everyone. So lovely to see what gorgeous babies they are growing into! Freddie is an amazing baby, by far my calmest and happiest. He sleeps 11 hours solid at night, but little on the day time because he’s so nosy and wants to be part of everything! We’ve had a nightmare with patches of eczema on his face but it’s finally coming under control - he’s also huge - length wise he is just about grown out of 9-12 months! Xx 
  • Lovely to see and hear about all the babies again 🙂 glad they are all doing great

Everleighs doing good she can roll over she doesnt normally in the cot but that has just started which is abit of a pain as I have to keep going up rolling her back to try get her to sleep she can sit up but not for long before she falls no teeth as of yet and moving up to 9-12 months clothes she on a dairy free diet now they changed her milk to nutramigen with carobel thickner and its really worked weve had no new rashes for a few weeks now and her eczema has cleared up on her ankles got a piedatrican appointment in September  
    she can be a little fussy still on the evening but once asleep she sleeps through shes great thou very smiley and loves your full attention 😂 xx
  • Hey girls. So lovely to see how brilliantly the babies are doing. Lewis is great. We have 3 (very nearly 4) teeth through and he spends most of his day rolling round his playpen or kicking about in his walker. Great sleeper at night but naps are non existent which is so different from his brother was. I’m shattered by bed time but wouldn’t trade a nap for a solid night’s sleep! Can’t believe how big Freddie is!! I thought Lewis was big, he fills his 9-12 month stuff but he’s always been 98th centile since he was born so I was expecting it. We’re kind of doing a weird hodge podge of mashed foods and BLW but I have to watch his brother like a hawk as he likes to share everything he eats with Lewis! 
  • @Ninjabunni Freddie’s a total pig! He was only 6lb 15 at birth but he’s probably 4 times that now 😂. So glad Lewis is doing well, hope all the babies are coping with this horrible heat xxx
  • Oh gosh, look at all these beautiful little babes! 🥰 Can't believe how much they have grown, and that we are already mid-August! What a crazy year it has been so far 🥴

Zoe is going well. Trying to start her out on solid food but she is super stubborn so it's not going great; she literally clamps her mouth shut or gags whenever anything goes in there, so it's been a process. Other than that she's been pretty chill. Sleeps through the nights and during the day she's usually content to relax in her play area, and she LOVES her brother. He's always trying to get her to laugh which is nice, if not a little overbearing at times haha.

The past 7 weeks have been a bit rough as my city went back into stage 3 lockdowns on July 8th and then into stage 4 lockdown on August 2nd. Kye hasn't been at daycare since the start of July and I haven't seen any family or friends since then, either. We are currently only allowed outside for an hour a day to exercise/buy groceries, must wear a face covering whenever we leave the house, aren't allowed outside between 8pm and 5am and can't travel more than 5km from our home. My husband is really struggling at work as the stage 4 restrictions have had a huge impact on the construction industry and his pay has been cut but his workload has increased due to trying to navigate through all the new limitations put on his workers. I've spent 95% of the last 7 weeks inside and it's really starting to take a toll. I'm hopeful that come September 13th (when current restrictions are meant to end) things are less intense and we can start to ease back into a less strict routine. 🤞

• Aww @lozzz zoes beautiful love the pic of her with her book so cute 

I can imagine its really hard for you at the moment luckily we are not so strick at present but mine haven't been to school or nursery since March which is starting to take its toll my daughter who's in yr 6 went back for a couple of weeks but that was it roll on September my eldest daughter is yr 11 so we are getting her gcse results next week which now I'm worried about as I've seen today peoples a level prediction they haven't came out with she starting college doing health and social care and on her predicted results will just go straight in at level 3 will just have to see next Thursday and we have to wear mask in all indoor shops now today was a killer had the heat and a two year old dropping to the floor screaming over a 25 pound peppa pig toy she wanted while trying to push everleigh I better have lost a stone in sweat today the mask definitely didn't help 😂😂 xx
  • Hope everyone's keeping well
    Everleighs had her 9-12 month check with the health visitor a couple of weeks ago she had no concerns except one of her creases didn't match up on the back of her legs which she said can indicate hip problems of course i worried over it but once the gp seen her he said it was nothing to worry about its more the lines under bum not leg 🙄 weve seen a piedatrican about her allergys aswell whos want to do a skin prick test to see how she reacts to certain stuff due to how quick she comes out in the hives type rash after she has somwthing her body doesnt agree with so far I think we have it down to banana and milk so will be interesting to see 
    Kids are all back at school and nursery for now anyway which has been lovely still dont seem to get alot done thou 😂 
    Everleighs finally cut her bottom two teeth and out of all 6 of mines shes been by far the worst very unsettled ay bedtimes and up at 2.30am one night just would not settle back down shes now lifting herself up against the furniture and just getting into everything 
    How's everyone elses little ones getting on? 

• Funny, I was just thinking about this forum this morning! 😆 glad to hear Everleigh is going well, although teething is the pits! Hopefully it eases up soon. She's super cute though! 😍Can relate to getting into everything though; now that Zoe is crawling she's like a rocket barrelling into every room of the house.

Much is the same here. Our lockdown was extended until the 28th of September, so we are currently in week 12 of being stuck at home. Our covid numbers are coming down though (we only had 11 cases yesterday) so we are on track to easing them next week. 🤞 I don't think much will change, but daycare will be open again and I can't wait to send Kye back 🙊🤣

Zoe is going well, although her feeding has been painful. She has not taken to solid foods AT ALL, and it's exhausting trying to get her to eat ANYTHING. I've done purees, BLW foods, a mix of both...and I can barely get her to eat a teaspoon. 
    I've been waiting to speak to my maternal health nurse at her 8 month check up, but as everything is shut right now, I haven't heard anything about an appointment (she'll be 8 months tomorrow and her last appointment at 4 months was via phone, which is what this one would be, too, annoyingly). Any tips?! Kye struggled with a spoon at first, but he was still able to eat finger foods or if I used my finger to put puree in his mouth. Zoe refuses both. 😫