Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2020 Babies

Replies

• You’re not alone @Long35, Freddie has 4oz every 3 hours like clockwork, day and night. I’ve tried upping it to 5 to make him go longer but he just refuses the last ounce ☹️Xx
  • George is the same but by the time you have fed them, winded, maybe a change of nappy and settled them back down I literally feel like I fall to sleep and he’s awake again 😫 11pm, 2am, 4am and 6am last night and now just woke again.  It’s impossible to keep him awake to feed more.  George is still little and only on 3oz. 

I have ordered some baby caterpillar pillow spray from Boots, I read an article yesterday that it helps babies settle to sleep longer and is safe to use from newborn. £9.99, worth a try! Xx 
  • @MUM2TB oh man, I feel for you! The constant asking about the baby was so frustrating, by the end I even had people from work messaging me asking wtf was going on! Fingers crossed bubs comes soon - sadly I don't have any tips as I tried everything and nothing worked 🤦‍♀️

We've started the witching hour between 7:30 - 10:30pm every night. No matter what we do, Zoe just won't settle. I'm a bit concerned how I'll go as of tomorrow when my husband is back at work, as he starts early so will be in bed by 8pm and it will all be left up to me 😫
  • Colic o clock has just hit again! Always when I’m alone with 4 kids to look after... getting dinner done is going to be fun 😬
  • Oh wow, it’s like clockwork isn’t it? We’re the same. Last few days it’s lasted til 9ish and I’ve been on my own because my husband has been at the hospital with his mum. (She’s ok now but a long few days) so I’ve been left with a sore back from carrying my little giant round for hours and an unhealthy love of that Netflix documentary Cheer. For someone in her 30s who has never done cheer or gymnastics I now fully want to be an American cheerleader except without the risk of life threatening injuries 😂😂 

Has anyone tried the Dr Brown’s bottles? Do they actually work or is it a bit gimmicky? 

Hope we’re all good and that Mum2B is feeling ok still 
  • Totally clockwork! Ours has just finished - nearly 4 hours it lasted today 😱, typically he’s now asleep looking like an angel for when my husband gets home! I feel so guilty, like I never get time to do anything with my other 3 boys after school because I can’t put Freddie down for a second. I tried Dr Browns years ago (he’s now a full blown acne ridden teenager!) and they didn’t do any good, but have heard glowing reviews from other people.
    Hope everyone else is doing well, I’m off to rock in a corner somewhere for a bit now 😂xx 
  • NinjabunniNinjabunni Regular
    edited Feb 5, 2020 9:15PM
    I know how you feel. My eldest is only 3 and having to be so so super patient especially in the afternoon when he is tired and needs his mummy but all things will pass .... at least that’s what I keep telling myself! 
  • @Ninjabunni I used Dr Brown bottle on my daughter 16 years ago and again this time round with George and neither had colic , bought wind up quite well.

I put some of the lavender baby caterpillar spray on his SnuzPod ready for his bedtime, I’m praying he sleeps longer then 2/3hours but he doesn’t seem to be settling any better.  Just laid in bed listening to him hiccup after his bottle 🤦🏻‍♀️

Husband is home from work Friday and I am so getting him to do some of the night feeds as sleep deprivation is kicking in and it’s no good when you’re on your own! 

Also telling myself this won’t last forever!  I hope!! Xx 
  • @Ninjabunni hahaha I always wanted to be a cheerleader ever since I saw Bring it On 🤣🤣 I've been binging Shameless on Netflix the last few nights which is not great...because it's so explicit I can't watch it until my son goes to bed, and then I end up watching it until 1am lol 🤦‍♀️

It was my son's birthday yesterday, and we are having his party on Saturday. My mum normally helps out with these kind of things but she's in Bali at the moment so I'm already tired thinking about it haha. 
  • Owww @Long35 did the spray work I seen asda also do a bedtime massage mist people say it's good I'm tempted to get some worth a try 

I'm so glad everleigh is not the only one causing havoc 😂😂 shes also very unsettled in the evening till we go up to bed usually I totally get going to rock in a corner @Geriatricmum mum I could do this most of the time lately the days are flying over and I feel like im getting no where with anything and shes taking up all my attention I decided I'd start walking the children to school this morning she cried all the way there and back I've only just got her settled in her cot and I'm sure it will be for all of ten minutes 😂

I'm shattered but just keep telling myself it wont be forever then feel guilty that I should be enjoying this time which I am but totally wiped out roll on no more sleepless nights and I'll be on top form think I need to start some type of bedtime routine as I dont have one at all yet xx
  • @Rainbowsunshine the lavender spray seemed to help him settle better and a bit more self soothing rather then me rocking, patting bum then him winging when I put him down it seemed to help get him to sleep. He still woke every 3hrs but that’s better than 2 hours I suppose, only been one night so will try again tonight. 🙏 

Hope everyone else is okay today. Anybody experiencing the ‘witching hour’ I didn’t know anything about it till I looked it up and it’s early evening when George gets a bit cranky & wont settle properly?! Xx 
  • Hi everyone. Evelyn Jean made her appearence at 3.38am via section. Not going to lie it was fairly traumatic lost 2 litres of blood and had a transfusion. Feel a little tender but happy shes finally here. She weighed 8lb 10 oz the little chunk. The first stage of labour was intense but I'm happy I managed to get to pushing stage on my own she just got stuck in my small pelvis and forceps didnt work! 
    Here she is
  • Oh @MUM2TB she is beautiful. Congratulations and well done you, it sounds like you had a rough time of it. Take plenty of time to rest and recover and enjoy lots of snuggles with that little princess xx
  • @MUM2TB oh my goodness , that sounds so traumatic. How are you feeling now? Congratulations on the birth of Evelyn, she’s absolutely gorgeous, so glad all babies are now here safely 💙💗 Xxx
  • @MUM2TB huge congrats she is soo beautiful and a good size too 
    Poor you sounds like you had a hard time glad you both are ok 

@Long35 that sounds exactly like me rocking in arms tapping bum then she crys when I put down so then try winding then changing nappy its endless 😂 
    Having an up moment tonight she is actually asleep in her cot and has been for about 40 mins hope it doesnt backfire and shes wide awake through the night ha xx
  • Freddie is having a night
    off from screaming too... so he’s decided to fall asleep on his playgym instead 😂
  • I'd be happy with that @Geriatricmum asleep is asleep who cares where it is Haha he looks very settled there everleigh is back awake so now I'm up and down putting her dummy xx
  • @MUM2TB congratulations on baby Evelyn! She's beautiful. Sorry to hear it wasn't the best experience for you, I hope you are recovering well though. 🧡

Last night we had our typical fussy hour from 7:30 until about 10pm. Zoe had a feed about then and I put her down in her basinett and went to bed at 11. She was up at 3am for another feed but then slept through until 7:30am! Gosh, felt amazing having a decent chunk of sleep haha. 
  • @Rainbowsunshine George seems to have also settled easier tonight, he is still downstairs with me but I didn’t seem to have the witching hour tonight and going to continue with the baby pillow spray. 

@MUM2TB aww congratulations on the birth of Evelyn, it sounds like you certainly did have a traumatic time of it but it’s over now, do allow yourself time to recover from the C section, I’m over 4 weeks post and still taking things a little easy. All very worth it though 💙💗 xx 
  • @MUM2TB huge congratulations - she's here! And she's perfect. We hope you start healing post section, and are home soon.