Forum home Babies Baby

January 2020 Babies

Replies

• Mellymop92Mellymop92 Regular
    edited Feb 8, 2020 10:58AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines

• Hello everyone, we just wondered how you're all getting on? Are you getting any rest? And how is the feeding going? 
  • RainbowsunshineRainbowsunshine Regular
    edited Feb 12, 2020 10:33PM
    We are getting on well I've had my 6 week check it's pretty straight forward but all went well althou the doctor said I shouldn't of had the depo injection so soon 🙄 I just keep spotting and have not had a pireod yet and she said I might not have one and the spotting will probably be from the injection...great 

Everleigh has started having a stretch of 5 hours through the night wooo althou I was still up at 1am last night then she slept till 6 

Been getting lots of smiles tonight will add pics she making cooing noises now to sooo cute she has her injections and 8 week check next week not looking forward to that 

Hope everyones keeping well xx
  • @Rainbowsunshine Everleigh looks like such a cute, happy baby 💗. Freddie is fine, we’ve not had any smiles yet but he does coo occasionally, he’s also finally been diagnosed with tongue tie despite being told when he was struggling to breastfeed that he didn’t have it. Can’t help but feel cross and like breastfeeding was completely spoilt for us. Apart from that he’s doing ok, keeping an eye on milestones but we’re expecting some level of developmental delay. I’m back on the progesterone only pill as I don’t want to be fiddled around yet for a coil. Had him weighed yesterday - the little porker is now 10lb 11 at 6 weeks 2 days! Xx 
  • @Rainbowsunshine those pictures are so adorable! 
    @Geriatricmum will you be having Freddie's tongue tie snipped? 
  • Oh Rainbow!! She’s so adorable!!! 
    Ger, that’s not good for you or Freddie. Will it be treated? Lewis isn’t really smiling either except at lights 🙄🙄😂 but he’s starting to coo a little bit which is so cute! 
    Pity we live all over the place, I’d love all our babies to meet! X
  • Gorgeous photos, Rainbow! 🥰

@Geriatricmum sorry to hear they took so long to diagnose Freddie! I remember with my first I wasn't listened to when I voiced concerns about my lack of milk production, and it really caused a lot of unnecessary stress and anxiety, so I hear you when you say it ruined the experience for you. I also hear you re: having a porker of a baby - Zoe is 8lb 8 at 3 weeks 🙈🙊🤣

I've had a tough week this week - hubby went back to work and his new role has had him doing 12 hour days at the office and then spending another 5 - 6 hours working on his laptop at home. Essentially feeling like a single mother at this point. I've also been living on energy drinks and minimal food because I'm so busy during the day, which hasn't helped my moods. Zoe is really clingy at the moment and doesn't like to be put down, so I can spend upwards of 8 hours a day holding her, which is taking it's toll. And our 3 year old is pushing boundaries and playing up, which is incredibly frustrating! 

Thankfully tomorrow is Friday, so it's almost the weekend 🙏
  • Yep he’s having his tongue tie snipped on the 28th - the same day as his first immunisations... I think i will be hitting the bottle at the end of that day! Luckily my 6 year old had one when he was tiny so I now what to expect. 
    Sounds like you are really going through it @lozzz , I don’t think husbands/partners have any idea how hard it is being left holding the baby and dealing with other children too! My 6 year old is also playing up, school have said he’s being disruptive in class and he’s decided to start setting himself
    too... he used to be the baby so I think he’s feeling gazumped by Freddie. Hopefully extra love and attention will bring them round, it’s hard to find enough hours in the day though 😫xx
  • Oh Ger that’s tough. If it helps though, I’m a teacher and we see that all the time, so much so that we tend to anticipate a dip in behaviour when a new baby arrives. His teacher will know it’s a temporary blip and will be working to support him in school and give him a little bit of attention to help him through as well as all your doing at home.
    You’re a total star in my eyes, I don’t know how you cope with all your brood (am I right in thinking Freddie is number 5?) I’m finding it tough to make time for my one elder boy, babies just take up so much time even when they’re good! I’ve arranged for mum to take Lewis for a couple of hours a week so I can go do something with his big brother, just me and him but day to day I still feel like he is being shunted to the back while I deal with the never ending bottles and nappies. We’ll get there though, this bit is short lived x
  • Hi ladies, glad to hear the babies are doing well and yourselves and see photos!! George is 7lb1oz at 5 weeks which I’m really pleased about as he dropped to less than 5lb after birth.  He is feeding every 3hrs but goes straight back over.  We have our 6wk check on Monday. 

@Rainbowsunshine , is there any reason they say not to? Xx 
  • Oh George is too cute! He’s like a little doll! 
  • Hi ladies I didn't even realise we had a new thread. Congratulations @MUM2TB Evelyn is a beauty. I. Still trying to adjust to sleepless nights I'm finding it tough as I'm sure you all are. I have ordered a book called 7 to 7 which they do some brilliant routines to get the baby to sleep through. I won't be trying it yet she's only a month today but I would be glad of even 2 hours straight.
    I need some advice ladies. Sophie is going 3 days without having a poo at a time. I'm breast feeding but I am topping her up with formula too. Is there anything I can do? I have done baby massage and gave her water but nothing is working. Do yous think it's with a gp visit? I'm worrying over it now. Is it normal? Xxxx
  • Aww love seeing all these beautiful babies 

@Long35 think they suggest not to because of the spotting and not having a first proper pierod she also said she would advise not to have the coil yet as my womb will still be soft and could perforated said to have another shot of the depo first but I dont know now if it's just going to cause me to be spotting all the time 

@Geriatricmum dont let them smiles make you believe shes a happy baby Haha shes also fussy through the day till shes in a deep sleep I have to hold her all the time unless she in the car shes fine then it's so hard fitting time in for the others just feels like its go go go then its bedtime ready to do it all again 

I cant wait to get her weighed and see how much shes put on health visitor was suspose to be out today and doing it but she cancelled got to wait till tuesday now 

@#jules# I'm unsure if thats ok for 3 day as everleigh does go daily usually a couple of times a day might be worth giving the health visitor a ring or doctors xx
  • Jules you know your baby best but my HV told me that I’d they don’t seem to be uncomfortable between poos or in pain while they are pooing then not to worry. Babies, especially breastfed ones can go up to a week (!) without pooing because breast milk is so nutritionally complete that there isn’t much waste to get rid of. 
    Like I said though, trust your instinct. You know your baby and you know if something isn’t right x
  • @#Jules# Zoe went 5 days without a poo after we got home from the hospital, the midwife who did home visits wasn't OVERLY concerned, however she did give us some tips.

- extra 10ml water in a bottle 
    - lots of clockwise tummy rubs 
    - bicycle legs 
    - warm bath and massage 

She also said you can get a q-tip and put some cream on it and gently massage the outside of the anus. You don't press it in, just stimulate the outside as that can help get things started. She did it for Zoe on day 5 and she FINALLY pooped later that day. Apparently the chemist has stuff as well if it goes for ages, although if her tummy isn't hard and she doesn't seem too upset, it's likely fine :)
  • @ninjabunni, he’s my 5th baby but one was a stillbirth nearlyn10 years ago so he’s my 4th one at home... unless you count my husband who’s a giant baby and is about to get kicked for waking Freddie up with his snoring! Thanks so much for telling me about your experience, it’s a huge relief to know its normal. James has always been the most grounded of my boys so I took it pretty hard! 
    George & Sophie are completely gorgeous, it’s so good to see the babies thriving. XxThat’s my little chunky monkey now! 
  • Oh I’m so sorry to hear of your little sleeping angel. What a lovely family you have (and I’m with you on the snoring husbands! I actually ordered a bed last night to put in the spare room so that I have somewhere I can kick him out to when the snoring gets too bad!)

Freddie is adorable and I love his babygro! Super cute! 

Has anyone used Colief Cradle Cap Oil? I used it with my other boy but I do not remember it stinking so much!! Poor Lewis, his wee head smells like vomit, it’s disgusting! But it works amazingly well so I’ll put up with it x
  • I still can’t believe we have gone from finding out we were pregnant all around the same time
    to talking about our constipated baby's!! 😂 It’s so lovely and yes such a shame we’re not all local to each other for the mummy’s and babys to have all met up 💙💗 

@Rainbowsunshine I had the depo last week (4 weeks postpartum), the doctor / nurse was happy to administer but yes I have also been experiencing spotting to the point I am wearing thin pads (sorry for TMI) hoping it eases soon as when I was on the depo before I had no issues and no periods which suited me just fine, we also don’t plan on having anymore.

In regards to toilet issues I got told for formula fed babies it is normal for them not to go for up to 3 days at a time, breastfed is up to every 7 days xx
  • @Long35 she said 21 days after at earliest so 4 weeks is fine she said spotting is common with it at first till your body gets used to it she said if still spotting after two injection she would think I should look for somthing else I'm also having to wear thin pads all the time no pierod would totally suit me I never used to get them with the merina coil thats why I was wanting that if this sorts itself out I may just stay on the depo if it stops them 

Wow @geriatricmum Freddie's grown loads such a cutie is his jaundice all sorted now he looks a nice colour in that pic 
    Also sorry to hear of your angel baby that must of been so hard ❤ xxx