Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Thanks everyone, I didn’t say anything before because I didn’t want anyone to worry, unfortunately we all know it happens but it’s not a nice thing to bring up to pregnant ladies, I can rest easy now Freddie is here safely 😊. Yep @Rainbowsunshine his jaundice is all gone, it’s just a case of seeing what effects it’s had on his brain - only time will tell but we’re remaining positive as he’s a very bright little button, although I’m not sure the part of his brain that tells him he’s full up is working 😂. How are all the other lovely babies? Freddie also is constipated, it’s been 2 1/2 days now since he went and he’s on a prescription milk.. the longer it’s in there the worse he smells!! Xx
  • Options
    Well time will tell what effect it’s had on him but as you say he’s a bright wee thing so he will be ok.
    Lewis had an atrocious night last night, think I got maybe a half hour stretch of sleep a few times but never longer than that without getting woken but I think he’s going through his first leap as he is wide awake during the day and so interested in what’s going on round him, he’s a total nosy knickers!! X
  • Options
    oh bless him, I must admit now they are getting to the more alert days I longingly think back to a few weeks ago when he slept all the time! Hopefully Lewis will find a routine soon, I must admit I’m looking forward to a Freddie sleeping more than a couple of hours a time,because of the tongue tie he takes in so much air when he’s having his bottle he’s really unsettled a lot of the time and toots every time he moves xx
  • Options
    Well I have had the most surreal days...I took my daughter and George into town for some last minute lunch, was walking down the street and was approaching 3 male youths with hats, scarfs on faces etc...just as I was about to pass them one of them pulled out a small silver gun from his right pocket...I didn’t think it was real so carried on walking whilst looking behind me.  Got home a couple of hours later and just as I passed they committed an armed robbery & had held the gun towards members of the public!! I can not believe I walked past them with my babies 😢 they’ve all been arrested (within 5 mins).. I would have been on a murder charge if they came near my babies...such a scary world we live in. Thankfully nobody was hurt. 

Then tonight George has had the worst 3 hours of crying, wind, pooing, spewed on himself and me, would not settle!!  Be glad when today is over...weird day xx 
  • Options
    Oh my goodness that’s awful! How unsettling for you. So glad you and your babies are ok x
  • Options
    @Long35 holy crap! That is crazy, so lucky that you guys didn't get caught up in it though! Isn't it insane how timing changes everything...a minute or two before/after and everything could change. Glad you're all safe though!

I'm having a shocker of a day - hubby had to go into work today (even though it's Saturday 😫) and Zoe has had bad tummy pain so has been unsettled all night/morning. And ever since I had breakfast I've started having horrible stomach cramps, really bad spasms that remind me of gastro pain (although minus the vomiting and diarrhoea). 😭

My in-laws are coming to collect Kye at lunchtime for a sleepover tonight which is SO HELPFUL, at least I won't have the guilts for not giving him loads of attention today. 
  • Options
    @long35 Good God , how terrifying. So glad everyone is ok. 
    @lozzz are you & Zoe feeling better?

It’s my eldest Son’s birthday today. He is Autistic & has ADHD and somehow managed to set his body clock to 3:34 am, the time he was born... so of course we all had to get up so he could open presents 😂
  • Options
    It was on the news when we got home, I knew something wasn’t right when we walked past hence why I kept an eye on them but just wanted to get Milly and George past them. The police got them within 5 minutes but I bet they’ll literally get a slap on the wrist and have some lame excuse for what they did. 

@Geriatricmum happy birthday to your boy 💙 did you manage to get anymore sleep? Lol. George is still going every 3hrs so it was 3:30 and 6:30 for me but thankfully he seems to be going back to sleep for a little longer 🙏 

anyone do anything for valentines? We don’t really do fuss, I got my husband a card but he got me nothing!! Not even a card with was a little disappointing but never mind xx 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for all your advice Sophie eventually had a poo after 4 days and she has never stopped haha. I think it was just her body getting used to being combination fed. I'm still not getting notifications for this group it's frustrating.
    How scary @Long35 that just have Been so frightening. Thank god your all okay.
    Hope you all have a nice Sunday xxxx
  • Options
    #Jules# said:
    Thank you ladies for all your advice Sophie eventually had a poo after 4 days and she has never stopped haha. I think it was just her body getting used to being combination fed. I'm still not getting notifications for this group it's frustrating.
    How scary @Long35 that just have Been so frightening. Thank god your all okay.
    Hope you all have a nice Sunday xxxx
    Hi @##Jules#" we are so sorry about the notification problems - you're not the first person to mention this.. would you mind trying this for us: Firstly, check your spam/junk folder, as sometimes your email provider might think a notification is spam. If you find any notification emails there, mark them as 'not spam'. 
    Secondly, add notifications@madeformums.com to your email address book.
    Let us know how you get on. 
  • Options
    I’m freaking out! Husband and I have a villa near Torrevieja in Spain and have decided that it’s so much better to bring the kids up there.. we now have a 6-9 month time frame 😱. Also wondering what the other babies weigh? Freddie is 10lb 12 1/2 at 7 weeks tomorrow. It seems high to me as he was only 6lb 15 at birth!
    hope everyone is doing well xxx
  • Options
    Ooh that’s exciting! Stressful for now but it will be worth it! 

Lewis was 11lbs 13 when he was weighed at 2.5 weeks but he was 10lbs 10 at birth so that’s why. Don’t know what he is at the moment, our next appointment is next Monday 🙂 It sounds like Freddie is putting in weight well and is a healthy wee boy. As long as he’s following his line on the growth chart I wouldn’t worry. I’d be more concerned if he wasn’t putting on weight x
  • Options
    Owww @Geriatricmum I'd love to do something like that will be lovely bringing the kids up there 

My health visitor is due out today to do everleighs 6 week check althou shes 8 weeks and gracies 2 year check at the same time i hope she weighs her today then its injection day tomorrow really dreading that she hardly lets me put her down now as it is 🙄 somthing that I'm going to be talking to the health visitor about today as it's so hard with having the two year old aswell and having to constantly hold or rock everleigh at the same time xx
  • Options
    @Geriatricmum a move to Spain sounds lovely and if you already have property over there.  There’s always the option to come back. 

George was 7lb1oz at 5 weeks but he was only 5lb2oz at birth.  He has his 6 weeks check with health visitor next Monday (he will be 7 weeks) so going to ask her to weigh and measure him.  He is finally out of his premature clothes and in his newborn size clothes.  Still feeding every 3hrs during the night, I’ve kind of got use to it now but be nice when he’s a little bigger and going more 4/5 hours 😴 xx 
  • Options
    I've had everleigh weighed shes 10lb 14oz now and she screamed and screamed the whole time she was here 🙄 dont know why nothing would settle her xx
  • Options
    She’s just a wee baby and someone new stripped her naked and put her on a scale. I’d complain if someone did that to me! 😂 hope you’re ok though, it’s hard going listening to them scream and cry like that for ages. X
  • Options
    George hates having his clothes off except for when he is in the bath so doesn’t like ‘weigh time’ either, I surprised he didn’t scream at the doctor at his 6wk check. 

Currently on a night feed 💤 husband snoring stupidly loud!! He is doing the next feed...work in the morning or not xx 
  • Options
    I’m just up for a feed too long although I can’t complain as hubby did the last 2 so I can go to bed early. Can not wait for a good solid 5 hour stretch between feeds!! X
  • Options
    Night feed time here too... and also next to a snoring warthog 😂. We had our first 6 hour stretch between feeds, 6pm-12am...he only slept 3 hours of it though x 
  • Options
    The other night my husband was on nighttime feeding duty and Zoe slept from 10:30pm until 5:30am! 😳 of course had to be while it was his turn and not mine...next night when it was my turn again she was up at 1am, 4am and 6:30am 🙄🤦‍♀️

Struggling a bit to get into a routine - I'm pretty much living on energy drinks and the occasional sandwich during the day. Often I won't even eat until well into the arvo...😫