Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2020 Babies

Replies

• Arrrgh!! My eldest came in to our room at 5am thinking it was morning time and when I told him it was still sleep time and to get back to bed he threw a total tantrum so my husband thought it wise to completely undermine me, lift him in to our bed and let him cry and shout for 10 mins followed by a 20 min conversation between the two of them at the top of their voices which woke the baby. Suddenly they’re both tired and in left holding a grumpy, woken before he was ready baby while they both snore. I am absolutely fuming! Thanks to them I’ve been awake now since 2:40am 🙄🙄🙄
  • Hi everyone!

I've missed loads!
    Glad we are pretty much in the same boat.
    Evelyn's 2 weeks old tomorrow, she is now back to her birth weight at 8lb 10 oz so I'm happy with that as shes breastfed. However she has been diagnosed with  a mild tongue tie so is being referred for the snip. The waiting time is two weeks though so been advised to Express to keep supply up. Problem with that is I now have an oversupply so shes constantly fussy and gassy. So taken a back seat with it. I had what I think is a blocked duct too so trying to manage with that. It's hard work especially at night as all she wants is mummy and wont be put down. I'm so sleep deprived. My 3 yr old has been amazing so far shes just slotted right in. Dying to go for a walk with pram when did you ladies feel ok to do normal things after a section?
    Still feeling really emotional and teary especially when I think about the after the birth trauma . 
    Hope everyone is ok xx
  • George is still every 2-3hrs feeding in the night, a 4 hour stint would be heaven right now!  Husband did do the next feed at 4am then George woke me up to a poo explosion so it was straight in the bath at 7am 💩🤦🏻‍♀️ 

He still has a gooey eye from 4 weeks ago but swabs detected no infection, it seems to come an go. When your baby’s cry are they producing tears? George doesn’t seem to so I’m worrying it’s his tear ducts.... xx 
  • I was told that sticky green eyes are normal and it is that their tear ducts aren’t completely open yet. Lewis has it too but it comes and goes, not an issue apparently. Just clean with cooled boiled water x
  • @Ninjabunni that’s exactly what George has yellow / green sticky stuff, I just feel sorry for him and feel as though I am constantly wiping his left eye, it’s been quite bad today. 

4am onwards George doesn’t seem to settle for longer than 2 hours. Other half offered me a night off but I know I wouldn’t settle and he is up for work xx 
  • I feel the same but it will settle. My mum told me that I had it for a good while as a baby and it just went away eventually. 
    HV told me just to watch for redness or puffiness which are signs of infection.

I’m on the late shift tonight, husband and I are alternating who does the late one and who does the early one which is working at the moment but I can’t really settle when he’s up either! 🙈 
  • My now 6 year old had this with his eyes. The tear ducts almost always mature and open by themselves in the course of time, I felt awful as James’ eyes were constantly filled with green goo, he can’t have been able to see a thing. He eventually had the tear ducts probed (but not until he was 3) and then when that didn’t work he had stents put in which cured it completely. It really should go away by itself though, as horrible as it is for them the babies don’t know any different and are so young the chances of it not rectifying themselves are slim xx
  • Everleigh also had the gooey eye but it cleared up by time she was about 3 weeks and hasn't come back hv wasnt concerned and that it was the eye ducts 

We have had a rough couple of days since the health visitor came and she just cried the whole time shes not be right since, yesterday was her injection day but I knew I'd see doctor first so took her he checked her all over and said she was fine and just down to a cold nurse didnt come in that day so she couldnt have her injections anyway but her cold really isnt that bad and shes had it for a couple of weeks but last two days she just is not interested in her bottle at all and seems so uncomfortable trying to drink it like shes being forced to have it takes ages to get it into her and the last two nights she wont have her bedtime bottle at ten and then hasn't woke up till 6am and her nappies not very wet when I get her up shes having plenty of wet nappies through the day thou and when shes awake she smiley and happy most of the time sometimes we have a complete scream off till she finally gives in being rocked to sleep shes not usually that bad but now cuz I'm worrying everytime she wakes up I'm giving her milk to try and keep getting as much into her as I can 🙄 she doesnt seem as bad today as yesterday so hopefully what ever it is shes getting over it xx
  • @Rainbowsunshine so sorry to see Everleigh’s struggling, has she improved any?
    Has anyone had a period yet? We’re 7 1/2 weeks postpartum and I think mine’s imminent, I’ve been very moody & teary and now backache is kicking in 😕xx 
  • Oh Rainbow that’s horrid, Hope Everleigh is feeing better soon and you get a break.

Yes, mine arrived yesterday. Post part in bleeding stopped on Monday, 6 weeks post part I’m on Tuesday and period on Thursday! 🙄🙄 well it was a nice 2 days bleeding free 🙄 I was super moody and loads of spots! I never really get any so I knew something was up. Also could have eaten the kitchen table the last few days, so hungry! It’ll be nice to be back in a normal hormone cycle though, feel like I can draw a line under being pregnant and the after effects and just crack on being a mum of two. Was allowed to drive this week again and managed a quick trip to the shops with both boys by myself. Sad how proud I was of that but we made it there and back in one piece! X
  • So hard isn’t it. I took my 4 shopping, horrendous experience & had to shut myself in the bathroom for 10 minutes when I got home! I’m also eating everything in sight,which is not great when I have another slimming world weigh in on Tuesday 😂 although I’ve had 3 weeks bleeding free so I should be grateful! Xx
  • Thanks she seems abit better maybe it is the cold she has she sounds like she snorts at time so maybe has a blocked nose so struggling with the bottle but feeding has improved and she went ten till half 4 so getting earlier from the 10 till nearly 6am...must be getting better ha probably end up back to 4 hours through the night soon fingered crossed she keeps the sleeping up thou 

I was a little naughty and have been driving for many weeks now maybe week 3 🙊 my partner doesnt drive so I've needed to get him to and from work as it's not walking distance but I felt fine defo wouldn't of if I didnt I find I dont leave the house as much as I used to it's far to stressful I usually try and wait till there all at school and nursery or my partners home althou I want to try getting out more I think they all get board sat in and start misbehaving be good when the weather alot nicer and can just let them run round the park also leaving the house takes ten times longer now I'm always late for everything 

I thought I may have been starting to get my pierod bleeding has picked up abit from spotting the last few day and I've been getting spots but it's still only a little heavier than the spotting I'll be 9 weeks on tuesday wish it would just start I've not stopped bleeding the whole time 🙄

Little smiler today ❤ xx

• @rainbowsunshine she is so gorgeous! Freddie has only smiled twice, I’m worried about developmental delay but hoping not. He normally just looks at us and yawns! 
  • Don’t worry Ger. Lewis doesn’t smile too much either. He’s such a serious wee munchkin! But I think he’s just concentrating on working out his world. Freddie will be doing the same xx
  • I know someones who's baby is a day older than everleigh and hes only smiled once so far I looked up what age they do start smiling before everleigh did as I had forgotten and it said between 6 and 12 weeks so plenty of time yet...Freddie's a little cutie cant believe how fast they are growing times flying by

Everleigh had the best night sleep yet went bed at 10 and I woke her up just before 7 as needed to take my partner to work she was pretty unsettled all evening to the run up to bed maybe she had shattered herself out but I still was up at half 5 when the 2 year old monstee decided to get up 😂...typical so still broken sleep 

Is anyone else baby a very light sleeper through the day the moment I stop rocking that bouncer she awake within 5 mins the only time shes goes into a good sleep is if I've been out in the car but if I move her when we get back she will be wide awake again feel like I can get nothing done through the day xx
  • Yes Freddie is a nightmare during the day! He’s started only sleeping while being held, the minute I put him on his Moses basket, mamaroo or sleepyhead pod he’s wide awake and grizzly, he’s also so drooly! Xx
  • Yes!! Lewis was awake all day yesterday! He settled around half seven then woke again at midnight. The pram is our saviour cause he’ll sleep in that x
  • Rainbow I understand the worry, the last week or so Zoe will randomly start scream crying like she's in a lot of pain. Lasts about 10 seconds or so and then she settles down...I thought she might have had a UTI or something and the pain was when she was weeing, but she's wee'd a few times without incident so musn't be that. I mentioned it to the mat nurse and she didn't seem concerned though, so 🤷‍♀️

She's dropped gaining weight though, 4 weeks old and only 200g above her birth weight. She's dropped from the 75th percentile to the 50th, so we need to fatten her up a bit. She has been struggling to finish even a 100ml bottle though so it's hard. 

I'm super tired though...the interrupted sleep is painful. I cannot even remember the last time I actually slept through a whole night!
  • How is everyone and their gorgeous babies?
    I am really freaking out, I thought my period coming as I have been having stop/start spotting for the past 4 days and deep down I knew something wasn’t right. And then this.... faint but oh so definitely there. Really freaking out... Freddie is only 7 weeks old, and then there’s the other 3 (2 with special needs.) I’m on the mini pill so no idea how it’s happened as I’ve taken it religiously... sorry for the rant but holy shit xx

• Doesn’t show well on photo.. it’s there and pink.. not grey