Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2020 Babies

Replies

• Naw. All the babies are so cute! Glad to hear that everyone is mostly settled now - can't believe it's March already! 😱 @Geriatricmum did you find out whether your test was a false positive or not?

Zoe is going well, although she has a cold at the moment 🤦‍♀️. Only concern I have is she has a hard lump on her head; she had a hematoma when she was born and it has drained away now, but in it's place is a weird, hard bump. Doc wants to keep an eye on it in case we need to do an x-ray or scan. Having her first lot of needles next week! 

• Hi everyone, quick q - are any of you using reusable nappies? Please drop me a PM if you are. 
  • Everyone’s babies are so cute! 
    @lozzz it was a true positive but I’m bleeding very heavily on & off so I think it’s just a matter of time. I’m trying not to dwell, will take each day as it comes. Poor Zoe, fingers crossed it’s nothing to worry about and maybe just some old clotted blood from the Haematoma? 
    @Ninjabunni poor you,
    it’s so hard when they are poorly. Hopefully they both bounce back really soon, kids are so resilient xx

• @Geriatricmum 😔 I'm sorry to hear that. Sending lots of hugs your way, it must be very stressful for you at the moment. ❤

Yeah possibly! I'm not too worried about it but would like to get a scan done just to be on the safe side! 
  • Hope your ok @Geriatricmum. Lovely gorgeous photos of your babies ! ❣ Evelyn is really unsettled today she had her tongue tie divided yesterday so not sure if its related. I haven't really noticed a difference in her feeding shes constantly on me its exhausting. I also cant put her down constant rocking and quick put down for a wee before the nappy change, feeding and rocking again. Not gonna lie I'm finding it much harder this time round and still crying everyday. I'm just shattered. Plus my scar got infected and opened slightly at one end theres a stitch poking out that's not dissolved so going gp today. Shes 4 weeks tomorrow shes a big girl going to get her weighed tomorrow xx
  • @MUM2TB What a little sweetie Evelyn is! Freddie was really unsettled and seemed in pain for a couple of days after he had his tongue tie divided but I’m not sure of it was that or the immunisations that caused it. I agree it’s so much harder than before, my other 3 are running me ragged and I am lucky if I manage a quick shower whereas hubby happily will sit on PlayStation after work and then disappear for an hour long bath whilst WhatsApping me asking what’s for dinner! Just hang on in there, you are doing an amazing job xxxx
  • What gorgeous babies 😍

I am hugely finding it difficult this time @Geriatricmum your hubby sounds exactly like mine to be honest I'm getting abit annoyed at mine 😂 I get no let up at all and its draining he goes in the bath every night as soon as he comes in from work takes a beer up with him even..must be nice then hes on the laptop I know he goes work every day and I'm lucky enough (or am i) to stay at home with the children but I'm doing everything for everleigh like everything would be nice to get abit of help I also am lucky to get in the shower I went in this morning and just had to hear her cry the whole time so it's like in and out just keep telling myself it's not forever 

I've spent all morning trying to get her to fall asleep in the cot and it's just been distressing for me and her so shes now back in the boucer fast asleep for 5 mins 

@mum2tb mine was exactly the same as this but without the infection even thou I kept thinking I had one they took swabs but it was fine my hole that opened slightly and the stitch hanging out has all healed now was horriable I could feel it poking out think mine went on till about 6 weeks but with you having had an infection I'd probably get it checked xxx
  • Hi ladies, its a bit of a personal question but i was wondering if any of you had struggled with postnatal depression? I have been struggling so much since having my little girl and i plucked up the courage to go to the dr and was diagnosed today. If anyone has struggled what were your coping techniques? 
  • @Geriatricmum I’m sorry. Even though it was a surprise it’s so hard to come to terms with I’m sure. Sending you all the love.

@Rainbowsunshine it really isn’t forever but it’s so hard to listen to them cry. I’m just a ball of anxiety cause I’m relying on my mum so much to get the simplest housework done that I feel like I should be coping far better than I am but we will get there.

@MUM2TB I’m 8 weeks post section and my wound has just opened again with a retained stitch, it’s horrid but definitely get it checked. Any infection needs treated!

@danielle250701 you poor thing, that’s terribly difficult to cope with. I’ve no experience to share I’m afraid but wanted to say how amazed I am when I speak to a mum like you who keeps going and keeps being a great mum even when she is struggling herself. So much respect. 

• @danielle250701 I really feel for you. I struggled with my eldest (I was 21 when he was born.) It does get easier but you have done the best and most incredibly brave thing by asking for help. It’s a sign of absolute strength , be kind to yourself xxx
  • @Ninjabunni @Geriatricmum thank you girls, i do really appreciate it x
  • Hope everyone is doing well 

Everleigh is due her first injection Wednesday she will be 12 weeks tomorrow and I'm going to have to cancel our house is on lockdown 😱 so I'm worried with how late she going to be having them my two year old had a temp saturday so we have to do the 14 day self isolating totally dreading it how I'm going to keep them all entertained for that long but at the same time feel happier that they are safe at home 
    Everleighs still got a cold aswell it just doesnt seem to shift she had it for about 6 weeks now had her to the doctors the other day who sent us to a and e as he could hear a crackle on her chest but shes to young for him to give her antibiotics after 4 hours sat at the hospital they said it's just because her nose is blocked theres a crackle so I'm hoping these two weeks in the house she will get over this cold I'm just using saline drops to try unblock her nose poor baby xx

• @Rainbowsunshine Everleigh is so cute! Hope the injections go well, Freddie is due his second set next week but not sure when to book them in with things as they are! Xx 
  • Aww @Geriatricmum hes beautiful and grown so much 
    Everleigh cant have her injections today as we are not allowed to leave the house till next friday so shes had none yet nurse said should be ok she will just finish them all later 
    I can see why you say your unsure if freddie should have them my concern was if they get bad off them how hard it was going to be to get them seen like if they have a temp you cant take them anywhere just ring 111 and apparently that's manic getting throu I tried the doctors all day yesterday was engaged constantly 
    Anyone struggling to get baby milk it's gone off the shelf up here as fast as its put on making me worried I've ordered some with asda for friday I hope it comes or I'll be racing round shops 

Hope everyones ok and keeping safe xx
  • Hey ladies, hope you’re all well and keeping safe. Freddie and Everleigh are gorgeous! Both looking so healthy! Lewis is doing well but he is due his next injections in 2 weeks and I have no hope of him getting them, our practice is completely shut down due to coronavirus - all the staff are on self isolation so think we’ll just have to wait for a while. My granda is due to have open heart surgery on Friday so we’re all in isolation anyway to make sure no one gets sick when he needs us. 
    I don’t know about you both but I am finding it all a bit anxiety inducing. I need to stop watching the tv I think! I’m finding it a bit tricky to get formula. It’s there but you have to travel a bit further to get it x
  • Yes @Ninjabunni im really panicking about it I just want to lock the doors and keep everyone inside I've got a constant headache and I think it's from the stress of it all and everytime I look at what I've ordered for shopping for Friday I have about 15 items saying out of stock now so I probably wont get half of it which will then mean needing to go out my daughter got her gcses coming up another has her sats my friends wedding we cant visit my nan as her carehome has gone into lock down and my poor grandad is lonely enough without having to isolate himself for 12 weeks and to top it off the kids are driving me crazy at home so I cant win 😂😂 constant fighting and arguing and wanting to leave the house 
    I really hope your granda heart surgery goes ok what a worrying time for you as he will be vulnerable enough already xx
  • @Rainbowsunshine I feel your pain. We will get through this together, just remember we’re all being driven mad by the kids and we’re here to rant at if you need it! X
  • Hi ladies! Lovely seeing photos - we all make adorable babies it seems! 

Zoe is going well, she's 8 weeks today and has been sleeping through the night for the last 2 weeks which has been a game changer. Due to get her vaccinations at the start of next week, so will see how that goes.

Things are hectic here too, re: coronavirus. I haven't seen toilet paper on the shelves for 2 weeks now, and there is a major shortage of pasta, rice, flour, sugar, meat, fresh produce, frozen veggies, hand sanitiser, nappies, formula, baby wipes and paper towels. All supermarkets have suspended online ordering/delivery unless you are elderly or isolated. It's utter chaos - people hoarding items (apparently there is now a shortage of freezers as people bought big chest tubs to store all their purchases in!) or bulk buying and selling online for ridiculous prices. It has really brought out the worst in a lot of people. 😔

My close friend was due to get married in 4 weeks and it is highly likely they will have to postpone as there have been new restrictions put in place regarding groups of people congregating, and they will be in place for at least 6 months. It's all very uncertain at the moment. We aren't in mandatory isolation but aside from trips to the supermarket/daycare/doctors, I've been doing my bit and staying home. 

Hope everyone is holding up okay and has people around to help out if need be! 😊

• Oh im so jealous!! On a good night my wee rascal had one feed at 3:30 - 4 and then another at 6. Last night he was all topsy turvy and had slept all day so he fed every 2 hours all night! I’m shattered today! Fingers crossed he sleeps better today. He’s just out of the bath and smiling away so I should be grateful he’s such a happy bunny! X