Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2020 Babies

Replies

• Hi everyone, hope all of you and your loved ones are safe & well. Andy & I both had really bad coughs last week, he had a slight fever but I didn’t. All stayed home and 99% better. Don’t think it was the virus but who knows! Luckily the boys are all fine, driving me mad from being off school. Trying to home school 3 of them (one is autistic and cannot cope with the concept) is not easy, especially when trying to look after Freddie and I just want to sleep 😂. Freddie was due to have his 12 week immunisations tomorrow but I’ve cancelled as when a relative went to drop in a repeat prescription for us all the staff were wearing welder like helmets and screamed at her to get out! Such scary, weird times xx
  • Hey I feel you @Geriatricmum and I just have a demanding 3 yr old. The weather is gorgeous and I have been doing once a day strolls with the girls but now I'm getting paranoid about going. It's really scary at the moment and seems to come about really quickly. Evelyn has her 8 week jabs next week bit nervous for both reasons. Hope everyone is doing ok xx
  • Glad you girls are doing well. We’re surviving. I’ve been really anxious cause my husband has been at work but today is his last day so I’m planning on hunkering down and weathering the storm as it were. We got out for some fresh air today for the first time as my older one rolled his ankle and was hobbling about since Monday so I’m feeling much better now. Lewis is due his 12 week jabs next Tuesday but the last place I want to take him is the health centre! Oh well we will get through it. Keep yourselves safe ladies x
  • My husband is still working - he is an operations manager at an electrical company, so they are still open. He's a bit down today though, they have laid off A LOT of apprentices, and he's feeling really shitty about it. It's been heartbreaking seeing all the people lining up at Centrelink to apply for welfare payments - over 1 million people have lost their jobs in the past week. We aren't even in severe restrictions yet, although I imagine within the next few days they will ramp it up. I've taken Kye out of daycare for the time being, even though they are still open. He really misses it, and I'm missing having some downtime haha. 

How is everyone coping being homebound?! I have purchased a bunch of gym equipment and have been working out a lot lol. We are still having somewhat nice weather, so making the most of it because no doubt winter will start creeping in soon! Just what we need on top of everything - regular flu season! 🤪
  • Hi
    Hope everyone is keeping safe and well 
    I'm probably like everyone else hateing all this going on my partner has been told he still has to go to work so we are just plodding on I've been lucky enough to have a couple of asda slots booked but I think I'll be lucky to get anymore than that ill hate to have to do a full weeks shop at the supermarkets at the min  I've had to go for the odd top up and it's like que then run in and out we tried to go for a walk today which ended up us getting to the end of the street and coming back as my 9 yr would not stay near us I'm hoping me making us come back home has made her realise it's not just a threat for the next time of course I was fuming it took me forever to get everything ready for a small walk and I really needed it 😂 
    Finally had everleighs injections date through for next week the 8th under the circumstances I'd be thinking of cancelling but considering she will be 15 weeks and only having her first ones I'm going to take her 
    Everleigh is still being quite a tinker through the day and likes my full attention but she is good at night and has been for quite a while she will sleep from 10 till 6.30 when I wake her not through choice ha xx
  • Hi everyone, we do hope you're all safe and well. 
    Can any of you offer advice to a member whose baby has terrible reflux and can't keep her feeds down? Her thread is here, if you have any advice - she sounds pretty desperate. Thank you. 
  • Hope everyones keeping well everleigh had her first injections today was horriable poor baby but just wondering if anyone else baby was bad with temp I've given her calpol straight after and every 4 hours so far and her temps getting up to 38.2 she very unsettled bless her xx
  • Oh poor wee love. The first set can be rotten can’t it. Lewis’s temperature spiked a little bit but nothing drastic. Keep a very careful eye on that one. With my eldest, for some reason he found the second set the hardest to manage so I’m dreading those with Lewis. He should have had them a week and a half ago but my health centre made a mess of the forms and he was recorded as being deferred so he didn’t get the invite 🙄. Not that we’re going anywhere at the moment for him to be exposed to anything. 
    Hope you’re all ok girls and not climbing the walls too much! X
  • Thanks @ninjabunni she seems abit better today she did wake up at 3am with a temp again but it seems to be staying down now dreading her having any more now and I know what you mean I didnt really want to take her and was in too minds about it but just worried as shes 15 weeks and hadn't had any at all I asked if it was safe for her to have them with everything going on she said it was but she did feel that they should have been stopped during the lockdown so mothers wasnt bringing young babies out 

We are coping not to bad just trying to get on with it and I'd actually rather us all be in the house than risk catching it I'm petrified of any of us get it xxx
  • @Rainbowsunshine isn’t it funny how quickly we all adapt to the new norm? I went from being driven mad by it to not really wanting to anywhere at all! 
  • Oh @Rainbowsunshine Everleigh is so beautiful! How is she now? Freddie had a fever for 3 days after his first set. I need to book in his next set but am putting it off. How is everyone coping? I lost a close family member today, not to the virus but it’s really brought it all home. Stay strong and safe everyone xxxx
  • RainbowsunshineRainbowsunshine Regular
    edited Apr 15, 2020 9:12PM
    So sorry to hear that @Geriatricmum hope you are holding up ok ❤ 

Everleigh seems to be back to normal now luckily the fever only lasted into the early hours of the next day but she was more twisty for a few days dreading her having anymore

I'm feeling pretty down with it all at the min hate not being able to see my family I'm so close with my mum and I've had a really crap day and just wanted nothing more to get out of the house and go to hers and I cant feel like the end and begin of pregnancy no motivation at all my partners been laid off from work today for good so that has just tipped me over the edge I think with worry 

Hope your all copeing abit better xxx
  • Hi 

How is everyone coping in these times. Some days I feel ok then others feeling so drained, I'm so busy butl bored and tired at the same time. Trying to entertain my 3 year old whilst feeding baby, and she only has 30 minute naps 😭😭 sometimes can be grumpy within 20 mins of waking up. Shes so clingy nothing like my first! She wakes twice in the night for feeds so hoping she sleeps a bit longer soon, tired! Wish we could see our family too heres a little poem for our lockdown babies and a recent pic of my 10 week old. Hope your all well xx
  • We’re coping, bored and busy and exhausted as well, I have a whole list of lovely activities for my 3 year old to do and he doesn’t want to do anything, I think he’s so bored he’s just past himself. 

The wee man is grand. Had a few clingy days when he hit his latest leap but seems to have settled again. Thankfully he couldn’t care less about lockdown! 

I’m just so worried. My husband has his own business and up til now has been closed but is talking about opening again and I just feel sick. The idea that he’ll get sick or bring it home to me and the babies is just too much to even contemplate. I was coping ok til he started talking about it. 

Your little chick is just gorgeous hope you’re enjoying all the time with her as strange as it is X
  • Nawww Evelyn is so cute, I love her little hat. Sorry to hear about the frequent wakings - it really does add extra stress on top of everything else!

@Ninjabunni what business does your husband have? Is there any way of adding extra precautions to limit interaction with others? My husband hasn't stopped working since this whole thing started, I was a bit stressed out about it at the start but 5 weeks on and I'm less anxious now. 

We are doing okay. Have good days and bad days. Zoe is still really chill so we don't really have any issues with her. My toddler is going a bit stir crazy being at home all the time, and I'm struggling to keep him entertained. He's at that age where he gets bored of things after 5 minutes, so there has been a lot of screen time lately 😖. 

My parents moved house yesterday and it was very bittersweet. On the one hand they are now much closer (just over an hours drive, as opposed to 4 and a half), but they sold the family home that I grew up in and I didn't even get to go down and see it one more time 😔 I'm happy they are close (even if we won't be able to see them for a while) but will miss going to visit my hometown.

Anyway, here is a couple of pics of Zoe. She's giggling away at things now and she's already trying hard to roll over 🤣😬

• Oh the girls are so cute! I love Zoe’s bonnet! 

Sorry you didn’t get to say goodbye to your old home, it’s tough but it will be lovely having your parents even closer to you.

He owns a car garage so he’s considered to be essential for keeping key workers able to get to work so no issues officially with him being open but he closed because lots of his staff including us have small children and he felt it was safer but he’s contemplating opening for those who want to work to do so and just see if there is any custom. I know it’ll be ok and he’ll take all the precautions - closing the waiting room, people wait in their cars, contactless card payments only etc but it just worries me. We’ll get there though, we always do.

On a random note, do any of you use a period cup like a Diva or a Pixie? 

I started using one last month for the first time and had a really sore period which at the time I just put down to it being the first one after birth but this month I felt so awful using it and in so much pain that I took it out and the pain disappeared almost instantly! Anyone else experienced that or know what I was doing wrong? X

• Oh yes, totally understand the anxiety surrounding it. It's such uncertain times, and you just don't know how people will react if they do contract it. Hopefully things will go smoothly for you guys either way 🤞

I haven't used one, I use the modibodi undies. However, I have friends who use the diva cup and they love it. Perhaps it was inserted wrong? I dunno how they work so forgive me if that is not a possibility haha
  • Ooh are modibodi good? I just got sick of the endless plastic and waste that comes from tampons and pads that I wanted to see if the alternatives were better. I thought I had it fitted correctly cause there were no leaks but it can’t be right that it’s so damn sore! Maybe just too soon after a section, I don’t know x
  • Yes I was the same. Which is why I also decided to switch over to cloth nappies. I've moved to a vegan diet over the last 6 or so weeks so getting my sustainability on haha.

I like them! They are also good for general leaks, which is handy because I did a HIIT workout the other day and jumping jacks were a stark reminder of how much my pelvic floor has suffered after having kids haha 🙈
  • Hope everyones doing ok 

Finally starting to be able to get some type of routine with everleigh shes now going up to her bed on a evening yayyy 

Everleighs 5 months old now and weve started giving her some baby food which we have now discovered she has an allergy to bananas and peaches so far 🙄 I've spoke to the health visitors today she has said to stop giving her anything with them in and keep a food diary and try her with them foods again when shes 6 months old if shes still showing reactions to them shes going to refer her to a dietician she comes out with like a nettle sting rash all over 
    Her poor little leg 

She also said as a heads up incase anyone does start before 6 months old (we only have as I've heard it can help with reflux and milk doesnt seem to be filling her she would just drink it on off all day 😂) to not give any food with dairy or wheat products in before there 6 months old  

Shes had her second set of injections which went alot better than the last time she was actually fine after them just one more set to go 

Just a few photos 😂 shes getting so big now sure all your babies are too xx