Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

March 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    She's an arm flinger but we've just seen a new swaddle video to try. Ewen the sheep has been purchased. We will see when he arrives. 

Does your little man go down ok? 
  • Options
    I brought a Ewan the sheep last week too because my little one was so restless between 4 and 10pm and had to be held constantly. I had my discharge appointment with the midwife on Thursday (hes 4 weeks old today) so a delayed discharge as the had to cancel it previously and it turns out that Rex has not been getting the fat he needs from my milk and has dropped well below birth weight. So I was told he needs to be formula fed and I can honestly say that since then he settles amazingly. Even Ewan the sheep is a winner with formula haha. The only downfall is that formula feeding makes the night feeds twice as long and for the next week I have to feed him every 3 hours exactly to make sure he gains weight😴😴
  • Options
    I have the basic ewan the sheep and he only says on for 20 minutes. My hubby says we'll have to pinch it when little man goes into his own room as my hubby is used to falling asleep to it. It's really relaxing actually. 
  • Options
    I’ve got Ewan too haha! Little man loves it! He goes down quite well though. @NicolaCU I just found out as no one had visited us since day 9 that Logan is still below birth weight (he was 8lb7, now 8lbs3 at just over a month old) I’ve got a whatsapp video call tomorrow to discuss his weight. They are reluctant to put him on formula as he has enough wees and poohs and is a happy baby. Just seems to be growing long and not tubby. Having a c section causes babies not not put weight in quick too. What did they say to you? How much under is yours? Xx
  • Options
    @Suziqn oh wow so in the same boat really. Let me know how the video call goes.

Rex was natural birth and was 6lbs 9. He dropped to 6lbs 3 in the first 5 days and then by day 10 he was back up to birth weight. He is 4 weeks today and when we saw the midwife on Thursday he was back down to 6lbs 3.
    His skin on his arms and legs has all gone saggy where he is losing weight. He had lots of wet nappies but didnt poo for 2 weeks and she said I almost never say this but I think you need to give up breastfeeding.
    She said he has got to gain weight quickly or he will end up severely unwell and in hospital. She didnt even finish the appointment she made me call my OH to get a bottle or formula made up immediately and sent me home. She is calling me tomorrow to check in and then I have to go back to clinic on Thursday. I've had to give him formula every 3 hours.

I did get on the scales this morn and weighed myself then got on with him and worked out the difference and by them he is already now back up to birth weight but I know they wont be accurate but it defo looks like hes putting it back on again and we are going in the right direction X
  • Options
    @NicolaCU yeah will do. Ahh right so he’s only little to start with, hopefully he’ll put some weight on rapidly! I had to buy scales from amazon to weigh him as my own home scales were really inaccurate with weighing myself and then both. It was a difference of 5oz doing it on the normal scales to the baby ones. I think they’ll probably tell me to maybe give him formula once before bed and feed as normal. That’s good you saw the midwife, we’ve been properly left since day 9 with health visitor and midwives not coming out. I just knew he wasn’t putting on weight and contacted them. I’m not happy with their care at all. I may be an older mum but he’s still my first and I have no clue what I’m doing! X
  • Options
    I waited 3 weeks for health visitor to ring. Know its difficult times but we have newborns and growth and wright I'd do important. I'm also first time mum. Thank god for Google. 
  • Options
    That's awful with the weight loss babies. Hope they plump up quickly. We've been feeding both. Midwife said breast first then top up with formula.

I do think we should have hands on appointments still just to be sure they are ok and we are ok.

Jessica is loving laying outside in the shade today. It's so nice to get some fresh air.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, can you help us please? We would love you to come and check out this thread - we are hoping you guys can come and tell us what happens after giving birth and you're sent home from hospital.

We will also be able to ask our MFM GP any questions, if you post them on that thread too - we would so appreciate your help. 
    Thank you,
    Dani @ MFM x
  • Options
    hi everyone sorry not been on in a while just to update you my little girl was born on the 17th march 4 days late weighting 8lbs 9 oz natural delivery with no pain relief she has been my only one to be late all 3 of my boys were early and tiny shes also my biggest we named her pearl after me lol she was 6 weeks old on Tuesday and has been smiling for the last couple of weeks and is doing very well were all over the moon to finally have a little girl and our family is now complete xx
  • Options
    Congratulations @pearl16 she is gorgeous. Glad your all well.

How is everyone doing? I'm starting to get really irritated by being home all of the time now. I know it's for our own good but I just want my family and friends to meet Rex and my now 2 year old just needs someone to play with 😢
  • Options
    Congratulations @pearl16 same birthday as my little man who was 8.7!

well Logan has been in hospital for 2 days with me as he was not gaining any weight. Only found this out as I bought baby scales as no one would come and check him. Found out he’s got a posterior tongue tie but they took his blood (a lot of blood) and found his liver function test was high. So he has to have them repeated in 2 weeks. He’s also put on 180g in 2 days with 30 mins breastfeeding and a 70ml formula or pumped breast milk every 3 hours 💤😴! But thankfully now 6 weeks later regained his birth weight. He should probably be over 10lbs by now so hopefully he can gain fast now. Hope everyone is well xx
  • Options
    Congratulations @pearl16 she's gorgeous.

I'm going stir crazy in the house as too scared to take little one out. My little man had his jabs last week so been dealing with restless baby with diarrhoea. What fun. Lol 😂 still happy guy though in between.  as he's long think he'll soon be in 3-6 months clothes. 
  • Options
    She is lovely Pearl. 

My lil one is moving into 0-3 and she's only 3 weeks.
    Can't wait for this all to be over. I'm really missing my family and dread hubby going back to work as I'll be alone so much.
  • Options
    Oh @Suziqn I'm glad they found out and hes doing well. Luckily Rex is doing really well now hes on formula and not getting my shitty watery milk. I was so worried after my midwife appointment when he had lost loads of weight and she told me she regretted not sending us to the hospital but luckily he took to the formula really well and a week later he had put on more than she expected so he is doing well now.

Rex is still in tiny baby and he will be 6 weeks on Sunday. He had another weight check today which is the last one now as they are satisfied he is back on track but hes only between the 2nd and 9th percentile. Hes a dinker  x
  • Options
    Congratulations pear she gorgeous.
  • Options
    Congratulations @pearl16! She’s adorable 🥰

My little chunk is in 3-6 clothes already, he’ll be 8 weeks on Tuesday and tomorrow we’re going for his jabs... I’m dreading it...

I’m sad the family can’t see him growing as it’s happening soo fast... my mum and dad were supposed to come from Romania to meet him but obviously everything was cancelled 😔

he’s a sicky baby and I’m scared he’s not gaining weight as he should be but the doctors aren’t worried yet as apparently if he had reflux he would arch his back and scream with pain while feeding 🙄

I’m struggling a bit with both boys during the day while my partner is upstairs working because my 2 year old needs attention and misses his playmates and my littlest will not be put down!! He screams murder if I attempt to do so!! 

Otherwise he’s a really good and happy baby! He’s got all the smiles and he started babbling 🥰🥰
  • Options
    Oliver is doing well only thing we found is he's dribling like mad 
  • Options
    @grisinutza how do you cope with your baby at night? He's got a great smile! Xx
  • Options
    KayleighA said:
    @grisinutza how do you cope with your baby at night? He's got a great smile! Xx
    He’s a really good boy, he’s in a next to me cot type of thing and he wakes up a couple of times to feed, I slide him on the boob and them slide him back... my eldest boy wakes up a few times/night too and will only settle with me so at the moment I feel like a zombie but I’m used to it! My eldest was a horrendous sleeper till about 18 months was waking up every hour or 45 min when he was sleeping for 2 hours was a good night so now it’s a bit easier I guess... 
    how are you coping? How’s it going?