Forum home Babies Baby

November 2019 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• @Bluehawaii90 I believe it depends what type you use. I've bought pop ins so you add a bamboo pad (or 2 or 3 if your baby wets tonnes), then you can line with a disposable or fleece liner if you want. Apparently you don't need to do anything when it's baby baby poo but I've been tipping down the loo or rinsing the fleece liner under the tap, then it just goes in to the tub for the washing machine. You need to prewash everything on a quick wash with no detergent then again a longer wash with just powder no softener. It sounds a bit minging but it really isnt feeling any worse than disposables, and the smell is contained so much better! 
  • @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 thank u I’ll give it a go soon

ooo disposable nappies sound interesting.
  • @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 I think when you make a decision to try and breastfeed, all of these strange emotions hit you. Regardless of how the long the journey lasts. Thanks post natal hormones!!

I'm getting interested in these disposable nappies too. Keep us posted.

I only lasted a day on potty training John. I was too sick to keep it up. Going to try again on Fri.
  • I really regret not continuing with breastfeeding now. At the time though my nipples were blistered, Hallie was up constantly throughout the night feeding so I was like a zombie and there was just a lack of support. The midwife came once on day 2 for 30 mins, helped me to get her to latch then that was it. They would say you can do it, you’ve got a good supply but when you’re left on your own its not as simple is it. 
  • @Larat84 @JaneDC loving these nappies. Currently waiting on the postie bringing his nighttime ones which are slightly different as they last up to 14 hours overnight without leaks (allegedly) and they have super cute covers 😍. I put his nappy on in a rush earlier and forgot to tuck his willy down, handed him to daddy and an arc of pee came shooting out at him. I laughed. A lot. He didn't. Even Evies been trying them on! A good indicator they should last him right up to potty training! 

@Witmore26 it's horrible looking back and wishing you'd kept up isn't it. I think I lasted a day short of 4 weeks, my supply was good, the pain was starting to go and I was finally feeling like I might get somewhere when the hospital said he was failure to thrive and likely unable to process my milk 😭 I went to all the breastfeeding clinics and stuff and like you they said there was nothing wrong. Obviously I now know why but kicking myself for not persevering a little longer dairy free. Looking back at pictures though he did look a little ill at his lowest weight poor scone. I'm also still not convinced there isn't a slight posterior tongue tie at play despite what they say! 
  • Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Apr 29, 2020 12:22PM
    I do regret not trying to feed them myself, but I don't regret letting hubby help and grandparents before all this happened. 

Should I be worried I don't have to do any "tucking down"? 😂 It just kind of sits there after wiping. We've never actually had the arc of wee either , not sure if that's a good thing or a bad come to think of it. Just not sure what's normal for a 5 month old, I asked hubby and he just shrugged and said "looks normal to me?" 

I'm really tempted with the reusable nappies, I just can't be doing with the poo scraping 😂 I can't pick up after the dog, I had to stop changing Harper's dirty nappies at the end because it was awful. Proper adult sized poos when they get to 2 and a half 🤢 the whole toilet training thing has its advantages! I really hope she doesn't go back into nappies, she's not had one on in weeks, even at night, so much easier. Except when you've forgotten to leave the light on and she wants to go by herself. 
  • @Bluehawaii90 I don't have to tuck often to be fair which is why I forgot last night. My nephew my comparison peed any time his bally was opened whereas Jamie won't until he's been nappy free for a wee while.

It was the poo put me off at first but his nappy rash was so bad I thought we would give it a go. I believe if you wanted to try totsbots are still doing a half price nappy kit with the code WTRIAL and they're similar style to what I have. It's £28 on offer and has a couple nappies and liners etc - mine is on its way now. A friend added me to a nappy reselling page and if they're good condition you can make most of your money back. She had some £20 nappies that fit her wee one wrong and sold them on for £18 so you could always make some money back. I'll link the kit below if anyone was keen to try it anyway. (and if you get the disposable liners they would catch most of the poop 😂)

https://www.totsbots.com/category/trial-kits/product/one-size-trial-kit
  • On another planet clearly mixing up the morning and last night 😂
  • Up with next door banging around, knocks on the door and smoking weed (smell wafts under floorboards) at 3:30am 😫 

Bit on the plus side I just ordered 16 ellas kitchen pouches for £8 plus postage! Free veg pouches with code LOVEVEG on their website if anyone’s interested 😁

@JANEDC we were ebf until March then introduced 1 bottle of formula a day as I was due to start back to work in April, then this all happened so now I’m not going back until June/July. So she’s still 90% bf with 1 formula bottle a day 
  • Ohhhh @LivyLouby in interested in the Ella's! What do i need to add to use it? 
  • @LivyLouby figured it out. I'll tell hubby it's your fault when he sees the bank balance 🙈
  • Speaking of bank balances...those on SMP, have you all had the lowest amount to date this month? 🤦 
  • @Bluehawaii90 this is my first month not on full pay so I'm not sure. I'm assuming someone paid 4 weekly wouldn't see a difference in amount but us on monthly pay will? 
  • @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 how many did you buy? I assume you can get one each free of the veg lover pouches or first tastes veg and there were only 7or 8 different ones left available. So I got one each of those and some mixed fruit and veg ones ready
  • @LivyLouby no I think its unlimited! I got 6 of each so 3 and 3 free! Think it was 30 pouches to do me the next month! Although it wasn't quite half price so I'm assuming the £1.10 pouches you buy they give you the 90p one free! It will defo help with the lower pay! 
  • Ladies, if you’re on FB the UK House of Commons page wants feedback regarding the petition we signed. I’ve added my comment, hopefully it will get taken seriously! Oh and there are some comments saying we dont need extra time and that funding is better spent elsewhere 😡
  • @Witmore26 I have a friend of that opinion but its ridic. People on furlough are getting paid more than us. Either they up our mat pay or give some extra time with our kids! 
  • Not joking, I got paid £604.80p today. I called up finance to check it was right and she was like yeah, that's everything, were you expecting more? Like "yeah maybe a little more than £12 left over after bills". She seemed surprised 🤯🤦🤷‍♀️ luckily hubby is on full wage still. 

Minimum wage is more than what were getting currently, with no support since HV and surestart etc are all shut! 
  • @Bluehawaii90 I got £748, I've not had a payslip through but pretty sure I had a few days of full pay left so that'll be why it's higher. Seriously bugs my happiness that my office is closed, most of my team on 100% furlough and I'm sat here in peanuts. Normally I'd use my kit days to boost pay a little bit but that's not an option either - I mentioned that in my comment about the petition.

Ps I swear Jamie's woken up from his nap twice the size he went down 😂

• @Bluehawaii90 I’ve only had £148pw from the start! Perils of self employment