Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

November 2019 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    I got £756 but that’s because it was a 5 week month for me! 
  • Options
    Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Apr 30, 2020 7:28PM
    Crazy how it's statutory but different for everyone on it 🤦 I was about to leave a comment on the FB petition but bedtime routine needed to happen. Will try later 😩 

Evans cheeks are quite literally purple and he's currently having a meltdown in his bouncer. Hubby keeps huffing because he's trying to tidy up as well while I'm "just sat there". I'm actually trying some different creams on a few keloid scars I have so I can't actually bend down and pick him up. Such a shame 🙄🤷‍♀️ 
  • Options
    I’ve signed this petition, written on the wall and done the survey I got sent. I don’t think people get it unless they have a child and on maternity. It’s not so much missing out on seeing people as I will be able to catch up after and we are FaceTiming everyday. But I have no childcare where I live and I’m struggling to get on nursery lists. I’m a key worker and my husband is furloughed from the IT side of pubs (deeply regretting giving him some of my mat leave now) so what if I go back to work and then he gets told to go back to work no with notice time 🤷‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @Larat84 exactly! I mean my mum is my childcare and only 1 day a week but Jamie hasn't seen her in weeks as it is so she's basically a stranger to him. With Evie I at least got to prep her (we usually see my mum 3 times a week, and I was able to leave her and do a food shop etc so she got used to being left) 
  • Options
    I got £648 Iv been getting £658 but also some tax back each month making it £730 so I’m quite a lot  shorter 😩 I was expecting slightly more than the usual £658 with the maternity pay increase this month but I used the calculator for employers and what I have is right, haven’t a clue how they work it out x 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, reading some of the comments are making me really angry. One person has said its because we’re all lazy and dont want to go back to work!!! Any of you guys have time to be lazy?!
  • Options
    @Loz27 I'm hoping I'll get some tax back too as it does make all the difference doesn't it.

@Witmore26 it's infuriating. I've been told if it truly want the full year with him I'll just take it unpaid to start with. Obviously if I could financially I would! I wonder if these people think those on furlough are lazy too for not going out and getting a job at Asda because it's essentially the same - except largely they don't have to look after a baby and can have long lies and relax all day in bed if they wish! Obviously I'm not saying they're lazy btw, it's a shitty situation for everyone 
  • Options
    I commented on the Facebook thread too, the comments 🤯 

Yeah I'm lazy every day all day. I'm so lazy I've only had a few sips of iron bru and a cookie that I inhaled whilst saying "FFS just give me a minute" whilst making Evans porridge up 😂

They've done a proper survey over email if you all signed up for it via email, seems a bit more productive than the constant stream of sh*t that Facebook post has turned it 🤦 isn't it weird that we've all commented on the same post but none of us actually know who we are?! Lmao

Harper's asleep, Evan is asleep, hubby is down for lunch, what do I do? Load the washing machine and dryer! 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 omg I need irn bru now. I used to live off the stuff, because who doesn't want to be a Scottish stereotype, but haven't touched it since I was pregnant with Evie as it tasted rank. Now I want a can 😂. I've had a handful of goldbears because Jamie won't be put down! I'd imagine I'd be fairly easy to pick out if you saw my comment, it's a photo of my babies 😂. I've sent a survey response too though.

Same here except hubby is asleep upstairs with Evie and Jamie's asleep on me. The remote is onthe other side of the room and I'm stuck watching cbeebies!

Also need to get my online spending under control. I've just bought Evie a colin the caterpillar jumper for her birthday 😂🐛
  • Options
    Yeah but pedo tumble is on again now ...yay🤦

Peace didn't last for long here, long enough to grab some actual lunch thankfully. 

I've managed to get some flour AND some shed paint. Someone tipped me off about a farm store just up the road 😂 

Are you ladies weighing babies at home on your normal scales? Evan is now in 6-9 month baby grows but he's so heavy, going to jump on the scales with him later as I know he's put weight on as my wrists are hurting from burping him. We're really struggling to get anything up out of him as he's that funny age where they start doing in themselves, but still need help 🤕
  • Options
    I haven’t weighed Evah Lately she has been in 6-9 for quite a while now I know different shops are different sizing though she just has sleepsuits an vests from Asda. In fact I’m going to dig out her 9-12 vests as I’m pulling too much to fasten the 6-9 I use to think it was from washing them all the time an they were shrinking but I still have new 6-9 which are the same 😏
  • Options
    This Ted baker is 6-9 an there’s really not much room 
  • Options
    I know - Hallie naps for 30 mins and in that time I’ll maybe try and get a drink, something to eat and get some jobs done - loads of time to sit and twiddle my thumbs thinking this is the life 😂

It could be daft, but I’d love to make friends with you guys on FB if you were up for it? I feel like we have shared so much on here and not a clue who we all are 😂

Also - did you read that Joanne Haslet’s comments - she made me soooo angry 🙈
  • Options
    How much is smp per month? I’m half full and half smp and I’m trying to work out my money next month.

anyone else unable to control the munchies? I can’t leave chocolate alone 😱 I’m gunna put on 2 stone by the end of this lockdown

We had to attend an appointment with Leah so they weighed her then 13lbs 9oz. A friend also bought a scales so she’s happy to lend it to me now and again. We had a telephone call from HV yesterday for a six month check. First time I spoken to my hv since 2nd January!!
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 Evie always tries to kiss Mr Tumble. Makes me feel a little sick 😂!

Ive been trying to keep track of Jamie's weight. We THINK he's about 15lb12 just now so just carrying on along the same centile as he has since 4 weeks. He's still in 0-3 vests but the trousers are far too short and I don't think he even has long left in the 3-6 length stuff. A lot of his stuff is American though and runs a little bit bigger. He's 20 weeks on Sunday and the 4th leap is very very real just now. I've seen a massive difference in the past few days and his sleep has gone a little backwards and he's wanting a night feed. Still refuses to sleep unswaddled. Some nights he's got his cotton swaddle then his fuzzy blanket swaddle over the top (always needs the blanket but he's getting too big for it now!)

@Loz27 I always found the girls stuff was smaller made. If I bought 0-3 pink vests and 0-3 white the white always lasted longer sizewise! 
  • Options
    Would be lovely to have a Facebook group for us! 

I’m hoping Leah will chub up a bit now she’s eating more. 
  • Options
    @Witmore26 this is where you find out one of us is Joanne Haslett 😂 not me btw. Feel free to add me, ill pm you my profile though incase there's any weirdos lurking in the shadows! 

@Larat84 it's £148 odds for SMP I'm sure! I also have a problem with snacking all the time, especially when they're in bed or id have to share! 
  • Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 imagine 😂😂 Yes, definitely PM -
    and anyone else that wants to, please dont put any personal info here.

I think SMP has gone up to £151.20 now - woooo. Dont go mad with the extra £3 per week! 

I think Hallie is 16lb 8oz but I dont trust our scales as I weigh different every day 🙈
  • Options
    I don't really understand why anyone would not agree with the mat leave petition. 

I want to have a look at that Facebook page you are on about to see the comments!

We've a petition over here, but hardly any signatures on it.
  • Options
    It’s just gone up to £151.20pw this month, 
    all her vests are white @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 i got fed up of seeing patterns Ext through her clothes so just get plain white now.
    I’m up for Facebook friends too 😬