Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2019 Babies - Part 2

12345679»

Replies

• It now a job of trying to find out what allergy started the flare up, foods my good he eats everything but I think I’m going to try and cut egg out of his diet as he was eating a lot of mashed up boiled eggs, I just feel for him 😢
  • We've seen nothing on Evan but with my daughter, she gets it quite bad on her face. Ive actually just put some cream on her face this morning as it's flared up over night! Not to poor Lincoln's state bless him 😩

This is was it looks like currently (she was eating a yogurt at the time🤷‍♀️)

Usually a few days of her hydrocortisone and it's clear but it always comes back after a week of not using it. Im not convinced anything has caused it on her since I struggle with psoriasis and hubby has eczema so both were bound to get something!

Lush have a good cream called "Dream Cream" it doesn't seem to sting like I think the steroid cream does, she's doesn't complain about it anyway! 
  • @Nikkinarno poor babe! Sorry, we don’t have any experience with it but I really hope you find something that works soon!

Imogen update: 6 months just gone (how fast?! 😢) and she’s loving trying foods and trying super hard to crawl💗 she’s got to the rocking on all fours stage! Still can’t stay sat up though! 🤷‍♀️😂 no teeth yet either. 

• Well here we are still we nearly had a clear face and body then overnight this again😞
    my gp spoke to paediatrics during the week and has told me today to stop all dairy, as they suspect a dairy allergy. 
    He has been put on sma althrea and foods need to be dairy free, in the meantime I will be referred to the allergy clinic, so now I’m hoping this is his last flare up, it’s awful for him and it looks so itchy especially on his arms 😩 

• This was mid week this week
  • @Nikkinarno I'm glad youre getting somewhere! Do any of your others have CMPA? Jamie was diagnosed at a few weeks old and is now doing so well being dairy free so I'm sure Lincoln will be great too! We're on SMA Alfamino - if his skin doesn't clear completely with 3-4 weeks or being dairy free definitely fight to get that - it's completely allergen free instead of just the broken down proteins. I don't know if you've been sent to a dietitian but ours warned us it might get a little worse before it gets better so that may explain the flare up? Also the milk is a bit thinner so I find Jamie quite sicky if he hasn't eaten.

I'm honestly so happy you're getting answers though!

Here's Jamie enjoying his vegan cheese spread on toast earlier (it tastes exactly like Boursin cheese!), and the other day with his pesto puffs I made (did you know pre rolled puff pastry is dairy free too?) 

• Just saw you've been referred to the allergy clinic. I really need to read stuff better 😂
  • @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 he is on sma althera what the difference is to the alfamino is I haven’t a clue and no this is the first time it’s ever happens to us, so it’s a a new learning curve for me. But I’ve managed to get him quite a lot of dairy free items, and he loves them all I’m just glad he loves his food as he does literally eat anything you give him. 
    The doctor also prescribed some piriton syrup also to help with the itching which seems to have helped. 
    It goes to show I might be a mom of 11, but there is always something new that crops up that I’ve never experienced with any of the others 
  • @Nikkinarno we were never in Althera, we started in Nutramigen which I think is the same idea - basically from what I've been told they still contain the milk protein but massively broken down so the system doesn't recognise them, whereas Alfamino has amino acids instead of the broken down proteins, not that it matters as long as it helps them eh ♥️

I'm glad he's loving all his new foods, it's definitely makes all the difference to them! Parenting is definitely different with each and every one of them! I hope your others are doing OK in the lockdown x
  • Hello :-) Just wondered if anyone is still around on this thread? Hope you are all doing well and your toddlers…! I was about to write babies! Just wondered if any of you are thinking about potty training, I just tried this morning and so far 6 accidents on the carpet 🤣, I think she’s too young but wondered what you guys are thinking? X
  • Hi @MrsG101 it’s lovely to hear from you! How is Sophia getting on? We aren’t potty training I don’t think until after we turn 2. It worked for us last time but the first 3 days are all about accidents from memory. The potty is out and he likes a sit on it but just to feel grown up. He doesn’t use it properly. I know some babies train as young as 18 months but I’m enjoying the ‘babyness’ (read this as Jamie is the devil himself and I don’t need to add pee to the mix just yet) xx