Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

May 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    I’ve been using bonjela with the tonnes tipper teething dummy thing. It only works as a temporary thing but it’s sometimes enough to calm him and then distract him with something. If it’s mega meltdown the calpol comes out.

His bedtime is at 8pm and dare I say it... so far he’s been ok tonight. His normal dummy (not teething one) has kept him calm! I’m hopeful it’s passed for a while but at the same time I wish the teeth would just emerge so I know it’s done! Fingers crossed tho that this means I’ll sleep tonight, and not that it’ll tear it’s ugly head in the early hours!!
  • Options
    @Rebecca1992 yes that’s the one it numbs the gum straight away! Best thing ever and if you get an ulcer we can use it to it’s amazing! 
  • Options
    @Chkitty omg I'm so glad you said about this, got some today and it's the holy grail! Xx
  • Options
    @Rebecca1992 it’s a god send we travel 10 miles to get ours as only do it in some chemists near us 😆 it’s all we use now for the girls I found it allows them to chew teethers for longer as gums are numb xx
  • Options
    @Chkitty I got ours in boots it's behind the counter tho must have got lucky it was only a little shop first place I tried, think they have it loyds as well and you can buy online from them x

Ozzy trying out the big boy part of the pram, I used one of his moses basket sheets that has no use now as a pram seat liner just snipped some holes for the parts of the harness to go through, should be helpful going forward as odin used to make a right mess of it and i had to scrub it all down regularly lol so this shoild help with that just wip it off crumbs and all to wash it also think it looks cute and gives the sheets a new life as obviously no use for them now.... He's also discovered he has feet and now touching them is his new favourite thing 😂 x

• Options

Everyone’s babies are getting so big! I haven’t switched Ellie to her regular stroller but only because it’s getting cold now and we don’t need it since my son’s baseball season is over. I had a photo shoot done for Ellie and I got some of the proofs back, I can’t believe how grown up they all look! 
  • Options
    Good morning everybody. It’s been a while since I checked in. I have been reading people’s messages and comment on the forum I just haven’t actively replied. 
    I’m back in work for kit days which I am loving! I love my job 😂 but also trying to find a balance of splitting my time between my three children! 
    Jacobs almost 25 Weeks...we have just begun BLW him! He loves scrambled egg & also loves rice 🤣 
    he was 9lb 8oz born and has been in 6-9 month clothes for a long while now. He’s very very chunky haha! Still fully breastfed, has my expressed milk when I’m in work. 

We’re lucky we haven’t hit teething! 😬 although I’m sure it will come soon!! 

Happy Halloween everybody! 
  • Options
    Ahh he’s very cute @StephieLou95 😍 

how are you finding expressing for work? I’ve seen a job come out that I may apply for but it would mean going back to work earlier than planned if I got it and Austin is still EBF. He’s had the odd bottle but not expressing regularly :/ so not sure how it would work x
  • Options
    @Frankie86 I’ve found a system that works quite well. I put a hakka pump on the boob I’m not feeding from on the first boob of the day. Normally I get almost a full haaka worth each time I do that. Which is about 50mls! So every other day a bottle of 100ml I pop in the freezer(I use the Sterifeed storage bottles) and 100ml is enough for one feed without any going to waste. 
    That’s 3/4 bottles a week. 
    And Jacob normally has 2 or 3 bottles whilst I am at work between 8am and 3pm when I get home. And I’m doing one day a week at the moment. 

Whilst I’m at work I don’t really express anything, but soon as I get home I use the Hakka on one boob and feed the other and stored that in the freezer for the next week! 

I built up a small supply before I went back for the first time so I had 10 or so bottles in the freezer so I never run out. Some days I’ll use the Hakka in the evening too just to store up some bottles. It just catches your let down. It doesn’t seem to mess with my supply and works really well.  These are the bottles I use...

• Options

Happy Halloween from me and Georgie! Georgie is massively into feeding herself. She has had toast this week and also mashed bananas but that wasn’t her favourite. We are going to try more baby lead weaning as she is doing this herself. 
  • Options
    Summer in her little pumpkin! 

I think she may be cmpa, she’ll struggle to poo for days and cry and her body goes stiff when she tries she’ll strain and be so bad all day this will last for days then she’ll go but she’ll then start the cycle again! I’m struggling as she’s combi fed now but either way there’s milk protein present. I’ve contacted my hv but no luck so got to either wait for drs to open Monday, or ring out of hours. Any babies experienced this or got it? She’s only just turned 5 months and the older she’s getting the worse she gets, we’ve tried a few different formulas and I’ve tried exclusively breast feeding but no luck! 
    So difficult and draining as she is also teething and it’s all getting abit hard in the evenings as that tends to be the worse times as she’ll start to refuse feeds but is clearly hungry! 

Also finding Callie is starting to interact with Summer a lot more now she’s getting abit bigger which is the cutest! 
  • Options
    We are having a lot more interaction too .. I thought they normally have runny poos if they have an intolerance... have U tried the colic and constipation milk? Or lactase drops in her milk?
  • Options
    My little boy became lactose intolerant at 10 months it was a temporary thing that lasted two/three months after an illness (common apparently). But he was projectile sick his milk and had about 20 loose nappies a day.
  • Options
    @Chkitty I'm sorry but none of mine have that but I hope you get it sorted soon hunni 🤞🤞 xxxx 

Very cute pics guys I've not started Eddie on BLW yet? Can I ask the age of yours as he is very interested in watching us eat will be 6 months two weeks today xxx
  • Options
    Also happy Halloween from Eddie and his big sister Ellie-mae xxx
  • Options
    Georgie is 26 weeks Monday 6 months of the 4th of November .. she chews her food that’s why she’s doing so well where as my son was a nightmare and hated everything with lumps 
  • Options
    @Lillian2410 thanks hunni think I'll try and wait it out it's only 2 weeks now to go it's just he seems to be very interested in what we are eating and loves his food so far lol xxx
  • Options
    Happy Halloween!

All the babies are getting so big, I'm being a bit reluctant to move Peyton into the upright part of the pram because I love the bassinet part too much 😂 I get so many comments when I'm out and about and just dont think the next bit makes it look as good 😂 but the bassinet bit has a sitting out position so she can sit up and see everything while I enjoy it a little bit longer.
     I couldnt find a full side one or without the raincover .

Our little pumpkin 🎃

• Options
    @StephieLou95 Thankyou, I’ve got a hakka. I think you recommended it early on on here so I bought one and to be fair first feed of the day if I express I get a good amount 👍🏻 I have got a few packs of 4oz stored, not sure what that is in mls. I was wondering if it mattered and effected supply if I didn’t express in the day so good to hear you are still making enough without that 👍🏻 I think If I went back it would be jan/feb time so he’d be 8/9 months and I remember with my first he’d stopped night feeds by then and  was sort of doing 3 feeds a day with meals so I might only miss one or two x
    My skeletons, couldn’t get one of them together 🙈🤣 

• Options

Eddie standing up unaided not a great picture as needed to catch him when had enough 😱 only done it for a couple of seconds but strong legs 😊 xxx