Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

May 2020 Babies

Replies

• Hi all! Sorry we’ve been quite it’s been a whirlwind of a week for us! I came out of hospital Monday but ended back in on the Tuesday with the headaches from the epidural! They took blood from me to start the process of the blood spot but as I’m recovering from sepsis and on blood thinning injections it’s something I can’t have done yet. They prescribed me some stronger painkillers and these have helped to the point I’ve not taken any in 2 days so I’m hoping it’s sorted itself out! I’ve been really sore with my stitches and my tummy feeling bruised but trying to take it easy! 
    Thankfully my husband has been doing most of the things with Callie so I’ve just been trying to do little bits. 
    Callie is doing well with Summer we really have to watch her as she goes to pull the Moses basket over or try and swings the rocker, they just all new things she sees as toys so hoping she’ll get bored soon! 
    Started to express yesterday on day 7 so I can give bottle overnight as she seems to want to feed all night if she hasn’t had a bottle but other than that we’re doing well with breast feeding, was slightly worried having the c section had decreased and delayed milk supply but managing a good amount through express and not having to top up with formula like we did in hospital. 
    Hope all are well and all your little babas 💓
  • @Chkitty I’m sorry you’ve had such a rubbish time too!

Heres georgie 4 weeks tomorrow 
  • So whilst it’s good I sorted out the engorgement, Rex now won’t latch without a shield in place! I’m trying to reteach him but my breasts have blown up again so I need to put the shield onto get him to drain it. I know I could express but it’s such a long process and ultimately as Rex isn’t ingesting that milk it’s not going to help my supply and could lead to a viscious cycle. I’m just going to do what I can for now, my next midwife visit is Wednesday so I’ll mention this to her then. I know shields are frowned upon as they can reduce supply (although this isn’t guaranteed), but IF I did continue using a shield is it the worst thing? (If anyone knows?) with the shield he latched straight away (something that took quite a fight prior to all this with my nipples), and he’s getting a good supply - so good that I got 4 hours sleep last night, a quick feed and change and then a further 4! I feel like a new woman! 😂

@Chkitty that sucks that this hasn’t been a smooth start for you! Great that your husband is helping out tho! Hopefully you’re on the mend from here and feel like your old self soon!
  • Your breast will change shape again once your engorgment is gone maybe try the sheild for the first part of the feed then take them off half way? 

my sister is using shields today as she has incredibly sore nipples I think it’s just do what’s right for u 

georgie had no breast for 4 dats only on bottles n she’s still relached ok 
  • @PaulaLarr when I was in the hospital the lady in the bed next to me had a baby with a tongue tie and the midwives and breastfeeding support we’re helping her to use the shields so she could still feed him x
  • Thanks ladies! I’ll keep trying (def will try time pop them off once I’m a bit deflated). 

Looking forward to 6 weeks when I can pump and hubby can do some of the feeds. I adore the bond, but I do feel like a milk slave to this tiny being!
  • Other thing is does your hospital have a breastfeeding support service? I know mine do and you can ring for advice (usually a drop in group but not at the mo cause of corona) They might have some good advice as well xx
  • @Chkitty I'm glad things are getting on track for you now! Odin does this to ozzy as well just got to watch him around the moses basket and stuff but he seems to be taking to him well x

• Oh my goodness. Look at all the sweet babies 😍😍 they are all so adorable!! 

• Here is Ellie now, she is 4 weeks today!
  • She is beautiful hunni 😍 xxx
  • They are all so beautiful! 😍

Is it weird that I already want another.... even though I'm only 8 weeks in... 😂

Will that wear off?! 
  • I think that’s just the stage after the baby is no longer new born.. teething will wear it off 😂😂😂
  • @HeartburnMama hahah this happened to us! I fell pregnant with Summer when Callie was 16 weeks! Little did I know the cute newborn stage was about to end and the terrible teething like @Lillian2410 said comes into play and before I knew it I was pregnant with a raging baby daily 😂 
    although the age gap is going to be amazing!!
  • I do hate how quickly they grow 😭😭
  • @Lillian2410 @Chkitty oh...I look forward to that teething stage then! I do love the idea of a small age gap (and I'm 35 so don't think I can leave it too long). My husband wants 4. 😂😂😂 its lovely to read about how all the ladies are doing with 2+ children. 

@Rachel.a21 you are right. He's 8 weeks this week and I think around 7lbs now. So I'm lucky to have had him small this long! Although he feels big now to me! 
  • My little girl has started smiling it’s very sweet 

i mist admit im finding it abit difficult when I’ve just got both of them but my son is very demanding and he should be as nursery so that would have made it easier 
  • Just to keep track of babies and birth dates can we do another list? I’ve included middle name(s) too 😁

I’ll kick things off...

Rex Orion - 23/05/2020
  • @HeartburnMama I'm 25 with 3 children now - ages 4, 2 & 2 weeks 😆 wouldn't change it though I love the chaos! 

• Jacob - 19/05/2020
    Rex Orion - 23/05/2020