Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

May 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Oh gosh @Lillian2410 your poor son! Max just couldn’t ever settle at night, was constantly in distress with it and then there was the endless sick! I’m hoping they listen to me about Austin, worried that because he was a few weeks earlier they’ll try to fob me off saying it’s because of that :/ awful though when they are so upset by it, he has some ear piercing screams when its bothering him. My other half suffers with indigestion and heartburn quite badly and so does his dad so I’m guessing it’s all their fault!! X
  • Options
    It’s all my fault In our house 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve suffered from reflux for over 15years. 
    Georgie doesn’t seem to upset by it she does kick her legs out but it’s mainly the sick we have and I know it’s reflux because sometimes it’s just clear fluid the typical reflux sick. We have reflux tilts on our Moses basket and the next to me cot a design I purposely looked for. 

Tonight is georgies first night in a sleeping bag I’m putting her in a 1 tog sleeping bag with a long sleeved vest I think it’s going to be under 22degrees 
  • Options
    We’ve borrowed my brothers next to me cot to try him on the tilt. Yeah, we get a lot of the clear sick, comes out with force as well :/ he’s forever scrunching his legs up and moaning. I really hope they don’t fob us off and give him something to help out. We’re already doing all the other bits to try and ease it for him x
  • Options
    @Lillian2410 what sleeping bag are you using? How old is little one? We’re not allowed to swaddle Summer due to being breeched and needing a hip scan so we’re just using a blanket but she kicks it off even when it’s tucked in to the mattress and I worry she might be getting cold! 
  • Options
    Yeah ask for ranitidine it works so well ! It’s the best thing we tired, gaviscon works to a certain degree but doesn’t treat the source 
  • Options
    Yeah, my little boy had it and it was amazing, instantly better and he was so much happier! We were under the paediatrician last time though because he failed to gain weight (fell off the centile chart) so they were eager to do something to help with the reflux :/ hope the GP listens to me when I go to his appointment. Have you seen the gro snug bags @Chkitty? They’re closed arms at the top so you can swaddle but they’re ‘hip healthy’ so they allow the legs to flop out into the frog position, I had them last time and saved them for Austin. We’ve got to have Austin’s hips scanned, they said at 6 weeks but I’ve not heard a thing yet. I was breach and had dislocated hips at birth so he’s classed as a risk x
  • Options
    It’s just from Asda a 1tog sleeping bag and I checked on the Gro Company website for what to put under it and it says a long sleeved for under 22degrees. She’s a month old tomorrow and last time I had her weighed two weeks ago she was 3.95kg so I’m sure she’s over the 4kg minimum for the sleeping bag 
  • Options
    Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Jun 5, 2020 3:30AM
    Austin George - 03/05/2020
    Ellie Rae - 03/05/2020
    Georgie - 04/05/2030
    Julianna - 07/05/2020 (was previously Julia Anna)
    Naia Lucia - 12/05/2020
    Peyton Rose - 13/05/2020
    Jacob - 19/05/2020
    Ozzy - 22/05/2020
    Rex Orion - 23/05/2020
    Summer Louise -23/05/2020
    Austin Arlo - 25/05/2020

• Options
    So after what feels like an eternity of very sleepless nights and a lot of sick and upset, we’ve got gaviscon prescribed by the GP on a two week trial, seems a bit of a faff to give as I’m breastfeeding but if it gives him some relief I’m all for it!! X
  • Options
    Oh it is a faff when breastfeeding ! And to be honest you might not get much improvement with it we found it only helped a small amount .. Georgie is very much the same except she will settle for periods in the night but she seems to move a lot ! She woke up sideways this morning as she keep flinging her legs around, I’ve tried some infacol with her last feed so we shall see if that helps. 

so I started medication to stop my
    milk productions as im overproducting And can’t get rid of the mastitis. But this Morning I woke up in pain but this time on the other breast and a definite blockage which hurt like hell to get out but I think I have done it however I now have the typical red mark on my other breast so looks like I have mastitis in both breast now ... I hope this medication kicks in soon I can’t cope with all this milk 
  • Options
    Oh god @Lillian2410 hope you get sorted soon, I’ve had some blocked ducts but not mastitis and they were bad enough! Fingers crossed your medication works.

ive heard from a few people that Gaviscon isn’t as good but we’re doing a two week trial and if there’s no improvement GP said he would review it. Did you give it in a bottle when you used it? I’m thinking about doing it from a spoon or syringe and the GP said to mix with expressed milk but the instructions say cool boiled water? X
  • Options
    I personally had it in formula but my friend used it and she did it with a syringe in the end that’s was the best way or in a bottle with some expressed milk. She always said Mixing it with expressed milk worked best but you can do it with cooled boiled water .. but her little boy didn’t like it that way 🤦🏼‍♀️ I think she got some syringes and expressed a bottle of breast milk a day to mix it up with in the end.
  • Options
    How did you unblock your ducts and how did you know they was unblocked ?
  • Options
    I’ve just mixed some with breast milk and I’ve sterilised a calpol syringe, got loads of them knocking about the house! 

I find the best way is heat, either a really warm shower and try to hand express after having the heat on the boob that’s blocked. I notice they’re  blocked because I get a really hard, painful section (sometimes with a lump) then after it’s cleared it instantly softened and the pain goes again. I also bought the lansinoh breast therapy packs ( like gel pads that you can heat in the microwave or freeze) stuck them on my boobs warmed up then either fed or hand expressed to clear it, hope that helps x
  • Options
    How’s everyone getting on? Callie loves Summer I can’t wait to see them grow up together! I’m still bruised from my c section and struggling with no energy to walk without being out of breath! Anyone’s baby when feeding cough and gasp for air? Summer literally sounds like she’s choking and can’t breath and spends a few seconds coughing and going crazy?! 

• Options
    @Chkitty yup ozzy has been doing that, he's drinking then all of the sudden he starts like he's choking... I think he's maybe drinking to fast? I Thaught it was wind but iv made sure he's well winded and it still happens... We are doing ok... I'm still up a few times in the night but getting an OK amount of sleep, white noise and this vibrating headgehog that plays tunes is currently helping him settle... Midwifes discharged us today as he's bsck to his birth weight, 2 weeks old today already! Bless callie looks so happy with summer! Odin is OK with ozzy he gives him hugs and kisses but I so think there's a bit of jealousy when I'm holding the baby Odins started to act up for attention... Its hard trying to find the balance... Got a bit of mum guilt tbh... I have stopped crying now though so that's good! Got a smiley pic of ozzy it's probably wind but let's pretend it's his first smile 😂.... Did his foot prints yesterday as well ❤️ xx

• Options

Saying that tho iv got a cupple of him smiling 🤔 hoping iv got another smiley baby ❤️ odin never stops smiling xx
  • Options
    Prettyliar25Prettyliar25 Regular
    edited Jun 6, 2020 5:12PM
    Peyton has been smiling loads too and it definitely must be a proper smile because it's on cue to things like me talking to her or dad making noises she has been doing it from day 3 even the community midwives said she was a really smiley baby. We can tell when its windy smiles as a burp or trump usually follows lol
  • Options
    @Prettyliar25 what gorgeous smiles! I'm jealous!! we are just getting windy ones in her sleep. Can't wait for the real thing!
  • Options
    Oh they are so adorable!!! Xx