Forum home Babies Baby

July 2020 Babies

15678911»

Replies

• Look at all those cuties. It’s crazy how fast they grow. I’m hopping Ella will be weighted soon as the HV is due and we can see where she is weight wise. She definitely filling out though. My boys the same @Nevesmummy tall skinny bean like his dad haha 
  • @Nevesmummy omg how adorable!! Our little girl is also in 3-6 month clothes now! And some 6month she fits in quite good! 
    @Bubbles616 soo cute! Crazy how fast they grow

@Chloe87 I have also been struggling with post partum anxiety.. the craziest scariest scenarios run through my head all the time, especially at night time and I've been having horrible dreams about someone breaking in and trying to steal my baby or her getting really hurt and my phone not working when I'm trying to dial 911 (999). 
    But trying to get a proper diet and exercise has been helping a bit.

We had her 4month dr app recently and shes weighing 13.6lbs! So more than double her birth weight! Shes a whopping 26in long!!! In the 90% for height, wondering If shes going to be a tall girl or what. 
  • 🥰🥰🥰
  • Hello girls I hope you and your babies are doing well xx it's been hard week for me as I spent it at the hospital with my baby because I suspected cows milk allergy due to developing eczema, that has been confirmed after 1 months of me trying to convince doctor over the phone that her reaction to cow and  gate isn't normal because she used to get red eyelids,flushed cheeks and spit out constantly. So finally milk allergy has been confirmed and she is on the new milk right now getting used to it, and its prescribed by the doctor. Also has got lots of special creams and emollients that I have to use... I felt so helpless because she was in so much pain for over a month and it all gone worse after her skin got infected... all my appointment were over the phone and no one would wanna see her at the surgery, corons to blame... but I'm glad all that is resolved now, we are home and safe. Glad to know that all of you mummies are safe too, have a great weekend everyone. ❤ also she is nearly 4 months, so we are going through sleep regression which is common, so she wakes up a lot more frequent and is super fussy
  • here is my deamon don't be fooled by the smile 😂😂 she's deffo been testing my limits sorry I've been absent again I'm really struggling with depression and anxiety the days just roll by then before I know it a month or so has passed I'm still here getting by. The day Brest feeding is done it just didn't work out but I still BF at night which is still good it was a huge challenge getting her to transition from boob to bottle she finally took to the mam bottles 

Needless to say I'm exhausted tired sad anxious and feeling quite low atn I wish my email would notify me likw it used to as now I forget to check on here I hope everyone is doing well with their new babas xxxxx
  • Ayana said:
    Hello girls I hope you and your babies are doing well xx it's been hard week for me as I spent it at the hospital with my baby because I suspected cows milk allergy due to developing eczema, that has been confirmed after 1 months of me trying to convince doctor over the phone that her reaction to cow and  gate isn't normal because she used to get red eyelids,flushed cheeks and spit out constantly. So finally milk allergy has been confirmed and she is on the new milk right now getting used to it, and its prescribed by the doctor. Also has got lots of special creams and emollients that I have to use... I felt so helpless because she was in so much pain for over a month and it all gone worse after her skin got infected... all my appointment were over the phone and no one would wanna see her at the surgery, corons to blame... but I'm glad all that is resolved now, we are home and safe. Glad to know that all of you mummies are safe too, have a great weekend everyone. ❤ also she is nearly 4 months, so we are going through sleep regression which is common, so she wakes up a lot more frequent and is super fussy
    Olivia had conjunctivitis at one point and her eye was swollen red weeping green stuff and I'd called in the morning and missed the am tel apps 

Called back in afternoon they still wouldn't see her despite he screaming rubbing her eye!

I had to take a photo of both eyes directly on and send it to the surgery...... I said on the phone u try getting a 3 month old to look directly at the camera with out moving.. 

Anyway after about 50000000 photos I got one then the doctor phones yeah I'll prescribe cream nearly a whole 7 hours after I called 
  • Ayana said:
    Hello girls I hope you and your babies are doing well xx it's been hard week for me as I spent it at the hospital with my baby because I suspected cows milk allergy due to developing eczema, that has been confirmed after 1 months of me trying to convince doctor over the phone that her reaction to cow and  gate isn't normal because she used to get red eyelids,flushed cheeks and spit out constantly. So finally milk allergy has been confirmed and she is on the new milk right now getting used to it, and its prescribed by the doctor. Also has got lots of special creams and emollients that I have to use... I felt so helpless because she was in so much pain for over a month and it all gone worse after her skin got infected... all my appointment were over the phone and no one would wanna see her at the surgery, corons to blame... but I'm glad all that is resolved now, we are home and safe. Glad to know that all of you mummies are safe too, have a great weekend everyone. ❤ also she is nearly 4 months, so we are going through sleep regression which is common, so she wakes up a lot more frequent and is super fussy
    How’s your little one getting on now?? 

Cooper developed a rash, his skin literally felt like sandpaper, I called the GP 3 times but felt like I was getting no where at all, so called 111 and they made me an appointment at the Drs, I turn up to be told they aren’t seeing people!! I stood there and said I wasn’t going anywhere till someone saw my little boy as he was clearly in pain. The dr said it’s an allergy rash, so changed from Cow and Gate to Aptimel Pepti 1 and it’s amazing how much of a difference that small change has made in 6 days. Coopers rash has pretty much gone but he has been left with eczema patches, and he’s still suffering with nappy rash but teething so we have absolutely disgusting nappies at the moment 😩 

Is everyone ready for their little ones first Christmas?? Xxxx
  • Evening ladies. I’m sorry to hear all the issues you’ve been having with Gp’s an your little ones. Covid had really made it difficult for anyone to be seen by the doctors these days. 
    Thankfully we’ve had no issues with Ella it’s my health that seams to be bad since her arrival. 
    I’ve had a few bouts of really bad pain in my right shoulder blade. I ended up in A&E one night as 111 thought it might be a blood clot. I was disappointed with the care form the doctor as he told me nothing was wrong and to go home. There is no way I would have ended up in A&E in the middle of a pandemic at 2in the morning for no reason. 
    Since then I’ve had a chest x-ray, a referral for an ultrasound- which I’m still waiting on and a blood test almost every month. I’ve gotta go back to the surgery on Xmas eve for another blood test. There’s an issue with my calcium levels and my vitamin d levels plus they think I might have gallstones. It’s been a right faff trying to book appointments and wait for results in and around nursery and Ella’s schedule. But hopefully this test on Xmas eve will help give us an idea of what’s going on.  
    As for us we are all doing well I feel we’ve settled in to a routine now and Ella is feeding about every 4 hours. I decided to start weaning her the other day. I know it’s still a bit early as she’s not 5months old till next Saturday but she is so ready for it and she’s doing so well in just the few days we’ve done it. 
    We are indeed all ready for Christmas, I’ve got a few things left to wrap but next weekend my son is staying with my mum for a few days so I can finish going it then. I’m really looking forward to having the time with the two kids. Hubby’s got a good amount of time off and our son is really about to understand it this year. 
    @Chloe87 you’re little one is so adorable, but I’m sorry to say if you think she’s bad now wait till she’s 2 it gets a lot worse. Potty training, night terrors, not to mention the tantrums and attitude that come along with it. Sometimes I wonder if I’m really sarcastic then jack says something and I realise that I am. It’s hard to deal with everything when anxiety and depression take hold hopefully you’ve got someone to talk to and lean on to help you through it. 

Here’s a picture of my two monsters, I’d like to say they both sat still for this photo but I ended up photo shopping my sons head to get the best picture 

• Chloe87Chloe87 Regular
    edited Dec 10, 2020 10:57AM
    MrsP13 said:
    Evening ladies. I’m sorry to hear all the issues you’ve been having with Gp’s an your little ones. Covid had really made it difficult for anyone to be seen by the doctors these days. 
    Thankfully we’ve had no issues with Ella it’s my health that seams to be bad since her arrival. 
    I’ve had a few bouts of really bad pain in my right shoulder blade. I ended up in A&E one night as 111 thought it might be a blood clot. I was disappointed with the care form the doctor as he told me nothing was wrong and to go home. There is no way I would have ended up in A&E in the middle of a pandemic at 2in the morning for no reason. 
    Since then I’ve had a chest x-ray, a referral for an ultrasound- which I’m still waiting on and a blood test almost every month. I’ve gotta go back to the surgery on Xmas eve for another blood test. There’s an issue with my calcium levels and my vitamin d levels plus they think I might have gallstones. It’s been a right faff trying to book appointments and wait for results in and around nursery and Ella’s schedule. But hopefully this test on Xmas eve will help give us an idea of what’s going on.  
    As for us we are all doing well I feel we’ve settled in to a routine now and Ella is feeding about every 4 hours. I decided to start weaning her the other day. I know it’s still a bit early as she’s not 5months old till next Saturday but she is so ready for it and she’s doing so well in just the few days we’ve done it. 
    We are indeed all ready for Christmas, I’ve got a few things left to wrap but next weekend my son is staying with my mum for a few days so I can finish going it then. I’m really looking forward to having the time with the two kids. Hubby’s got a good amount of time off and our son is really about to understand it this year. 
    @Chloe87 you’re little one is so adorable, but I’m sorry to say if you think she’s bad now wait till she’s 2 it gets a lot worse. Potty training, night terrors, not to mention the tantrums and attitude that come along with it. Sometimes I wonder if I’m really sarcastic then jack says something and I realise that I am. It’s hard to deal with everything when anxiety and depression take hold hopefully you’ve got someone to talk to and lean on to help you through it. 

Here’s a picture of my two monsters, I’d like to say they both sat still for this photo but I ended up photo shopping my sons head to get the best picture 

By weaning do you mean onto foods? If so I have been wanting to do the same Olivia is 5 months tomorrow and I've been letting her have little tastes of food like home made soups moussaka bolognese cheese spread yoghurt and even a bit of white choccy from her calender she dosent spit any of it out it goes straight in and she is ls looking for more my HV said not to wean untill 6 months this but will a month really make a difference she's been tasting food for a few weeks now and not had any issues..... 
  • @Chloe87 yes on to food. The nhs guidelines say around 6months. But it’s advised to start on one thing at a time in order to determine what could have caused an allergic reaction if there was one. 
    But as long as Olivia is showing the signs of being ready - holding her head well and good hand eye coordination then you can give it a go if you think she’s ready.
    my plan is to start off with some purées then come hang when she’s 6months we’ll move on to finger foods. At this age it’s more about learning to swallow rather than nourishment. But like Olivia Ella’s been looking for food she’s still feeding quite a lot so I’m hopping it’ll help settle her. So far we’ve only tried baby rice but today we’re moving on to carrots 🥕 
  • Ayana said:
    How’s your little one getting on now?? 

Cooper developed a rash, his skin literally felt like sandpaper, I called the GP 3 times but felt like I was getting no where at all, so called 111 and they made me an appointment at the Drs, I turn up to be told they aren’t seeing people!! I stood there and said I wasn’t going anywhere till someone saw my little boy as he was clearly in pain. The dr said it’s an allergy rash, so changed from Cow and Gate to Aptimel Pepti 1 and it’s amazing how much of a difference that small change has made in 6 days. Coopers rash has pretty much gone but he has been left with eczema patches, and he’s still suffering with nappy rash but teething so we have absolutely disgusting nappies at the moment 😩 

Is everyone ready for their little ones first Christmas?? Xxxx
    Same happened to my daughter she is on hypoallergenic formula now but we already started weaning since 4 month by advice of dietician, but eczema and rashes were bad im lucky that doctor from hospital has changed all her creams and it has worked. I found out that I needed to change persil non bio for fairy non bio because she got more red after wearing clothes, as well as dust and heat affected her rash... she still gets it time to time but its under control. Took me 1 month to explain to GP that this is serious I was so furious that no one wanted to see her becos of covid situation. Yeah we had nasty nappies too very smelly, mucus and dark brown/greenish stuff afterwards...  you need to make sure that they do all the right tests and prescribe right milk if its allergy. 
  • Chloe87 said:
    MrsP13 said:
    Evening ladies. I’m sorry to hear all the issues you’ve been having with Gp’s an your little ones. Covid had really made it difficult for anyone to be seen by the doctors these days. 

By weaning do you mean onto foods? If so I have been wanting to do the same Olivia is 5 months tomorrow and I've been letting her have little tastes of food like home made soups moussaka bolognese cheese spread yoghurt and even a bit of white choccy from her calender she dosent spit any of it out it goes straight in and she is ls looking for more my HV said not to wean untill 6 months this but will a month really make a difference she's been tasting food for a few weeks now and not had any issues..... 
    Its not really about having issues, I think its about developing allergies in future. My pediatrician / dietician allowed my daughter to start solids from 4 months due to cows milk allergy, so she is having food 3 times a day now, she is gonna be 5 months this Sunday. But so far we tried weetabix, milled oats baby rice with fruits and cinnamon, pureed veggies, but not meat, egg or anything like that because its too early because baby's digestion is not like ours so its not really recommended to give them chocolate, dairy etc... but thats your personal choice I guess if you think its right that's fine but you can always consult with your pediatrician to find our what's best.
  • Hey everyone. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. 

I’m looking for some help/advice on how to settle Lily. She will be 5 months on Friday & will only fall asleep in my arms by being rocked or when we’re out in the pram or car seat (Due to the motion) 
    We have tried a few times to let her fall asleep on her own - like this evening & she has just cried in her bed for 40 minutes, pretty much non stop! We went into her like every 7 minutes to try and sooth her and I picked her up twice to sooth her but as soon as I put he back down she went back to screaming. I gave up after the 40 minutes because I couldn’t bare her being upset any longer and she fell asleep within 60 seconds in arms. 
    Now I feel like I have messed up her routine as she should be waking up soon from this nap and she’s only gone down for it! 

Please, if anyone can give us some tips they will be very much appreciated. I know one day we will conquer it but I feel it’s a long way off & not quite sure how to get there 😢😢
  • @Ellis90 I’m sorry to hear you’re having such a rough time with baby. 
    They can be so sensitive to there surroundings it’s insane. Has this been an ongoing thing or just recent? It could possibly be silent reflux or 5months sleep regression. 
    What does baby sleep in? If it’s something like a next to me you can lower one side so baby isn’t laying flat to see if that helps. If a cot or Moses basket you could prop one side up with a book or a sturdy small box to do the same thing. 
    Another option is to try putting a t-shirt you have worn in baby’s bed so they have your sent when they lay down to sleep. 
    I’ve also hear of people placing a hot water bottle on baby’s bed to warm it up so it’s not cold when they lay down. 
    If baby isn’t rolling over you could try swaddling but the likely hood this would just be a temporary thing as baby will be rolling soon if not all ready and sleeping whilst swaddled is not recommend for rolling babies as there arms aren’t free. 
    Is baby in a routine? We do bath bottle bed. Ella’s then in bed the same time as her brother around 7:30/8pm. It would be something that you’d need to do for at least a week to get baby in to the routine before you see any difference.

Other than that there isn’t much else I can think of to help out. I hope baby settles for you soon xxxx 
  • Hey @MrsP13 so everything else with her is fine, it’s just the fact that she won’t fall asleep unless she’s in my arms & was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to teach her to settle herself? 

She’s in quite a good routine - goes to bed around 8 & wakes up around 8 without waking. 

Xx
  • @Ellis90 I wish I could help I’ve been lucky with both of ours as they both sleep well. I hope you get done more sleep soon xxxx