Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @thinkingpositive1 it’s to help stop complications with blood clots. 
    Think Ella’s going through a growth spurt too. She’s been feeding every hour to hour and a half the last day or so. 
    Crazy how quickly they chug milk. All ready Ella’s taking 2oz every feed. 
    We’ve got her heel prick test this afternoon 
  • Options
    @MrsP13 oh, how long will you have to take them for? 
    Yes it is crazy, they grow so fast! 
    Wow, I'm not sure how much my little one is drinking but she is definitely getting her fill! 
    Goodluck with the test! We had ours done before we left hospital, she did really well with it.
  • Options
    MrsP13 said:
    @thinkingpositive1 it’s to help stop complications with blood clots. 
    Think Ella’s going through a growth spurt too. She’s been feeding every hour to hour and a half the last day or so. 
    Crazy how quickly they chug milk. All ready Ella’s taking 2oz every feed. 
    We’ve got her heel prick test this af

How did that go Olivia had hers yesterday !! I breas fed her while they did it she screwed her face up for a moment then went back to the boob food clearly more important ! She didn't cry when they did her vitamin k injection 

I have got some bruising come up from my injections now I also had my dressing removed yesterday C's scar is pretty big but neat still painful though xx
  • Options
    @Chloe87 Haha aww, yes food can be a good distraction for them! I feel like every time my little girl cries I can shut her up with a boob!! 
    I bet it will take a little while to heal up, but glad you are doing well.

I reached 2 weeks PP today and feel quite a lot better! Not 100% of course but can finally get up without too much pain down there! little one has gotten quite chubby also which is adorable 🥰 
  • Options
    Ella did well. She fed just before we left. And just like your little ones she screwed get face up but went straight back to sleep. She’s back up to birth weight which is amazing. 
    We’ve been trying to Brest feed she latches well when she can get on, but she comes off just as quickly. It’s heart braking watching her scream and get frustrated because she’s not getting any food. Yesterday I spend 10mins trying to get her to stay on and nothing. So that was the last straw for me. So I’m expressing and formula feeding in between. She’s happy with that. 
    I had a trip to hospital last night at 11pm. I went to the loo and managed to catch my stitches and caused them to bleed. Thankfully it stopped by the time I got to the hospital but I’ve managed to get a slight infection. So I’m now on antibiotics for the next week. They explained that a second degree tear is where it’s internal and external. The skin on the inside is healing lovely but on the outside the top 2cm has come apart and that’s where the infection is. Odd thing is I didn’t even notice as I’ve felt fine. 
    @thinkingpositive1 it’s a 10day course so we’re half way there 😊 @Chloe87 omg I bruise so badly with these injections it’s unreal. I also find that I get a little sharp pain hours after doing the injection which is odd but all in the name of babies haha 🤣 
  • Options

Look at my little pudding haha we had a baby photo shoot yesterday we’re going back on Tuesday to see the photos can’t wait 
  • Options
    Chloe87Chloe87 Regular
    edited Jul 24, 2020 3:15AM
    @Chloe87 @MrsP13 I know the injections are blood thinners but what are they for? Why are they necessary? 
    Yes they do make some funny noises especially while eating Haha! 
    I couldnt believe how much my boobs hurt either when my milk came in!! It was ridiculous and I convinced myself it was mastitis! After a few days the swelling went down though! Also breast feeding on demand and she is a greedy little thing lately! She is 2 weeks old today, must be going through a growth spurt cause she is definitely doing the cluster feeding thing. 
    Glad your partner is being good help you deserve it! The hormone re-balance is crazy, I have noticed it ease up over the last few days, but still having postpartum resentment towards my husband, oh well! I'm sure that will fade also 
    I am also breast feeding on demand scheduled didn't really work for her even tho the nurse at the hospital was adiment that's how it should be done. 
    Mines a greedy little piglet she loves her milk her latch hasn't been very good last few days though wondering wether it is where she is so anxious to get the nipple it takes her a few goes ! Some times she spits out on and off a few times but she gets there eventually this has started over last few days 🤔 not overally worried she's gained since last check up got another Monday so as long as he's getting enough I'm happy when my milk came in it happend litterally over an hour or so my boobs just turned into footballs and my bra no longer felt comfortable! It's mad ! They were rock solid and I was leaking milk a gooden 🤣 they have softened up now thank god. Olivia slept five hours last night when she woke at 3 for a feed my boobs were throbbing ! 
  • Options
    MrsP13 said:
    Ella did well. She fed just before we left. And just like your little ones she screwed get face up but went straight back to sleep. She’s back up to birth weight which is amazing. 
    We’ve been trying to Brest feed she latches well when she can get on, but she comes off just as quickly. It’s heart braking watching her scream and get frustrated because she’s not getting any food. Yesterday I spend 10mins trying to get her to stay on and nothing. So that was the last straw for me. So I’m expressing and formula feeding in between. She’s happy with that. 
    I had a trip to hospital last night at 11pm. I went to the loo and managed to catch my stitches and caused them to bleed. Thankfully it stopped by the time I got to the hospital but I’ve managed to get a slight infection. So I’m now on antibiotics for the next week. They explained that a second degree tear is where it’s internal and external. The skin on the inside is healing lovely but on the outside the top 2cm has come apart and that’s where the infection is. Odd thing is I didn’t even notice as I’ve felt fine. 
    @thinkingpositive1 it’s a 10day course so we’re half way there 😊 @Chloe87 omg I bruise so badly with these injections it’s unreal. I also find that I get a little sharp pain hours after doing the injection which is odd but all in the name of babies haha 🤣 

Olivia has been great with breast feeding from the beginning but last few days she's not been lay Jing great and keeps spitting it out it is very frustrating as I know she can do it fine I had a bit of a boo last night because I felt I was doing something wrong 
    Eventually she get it but it's just tiresome using that energy to get her to latch while she's ratty and grizzly for food! 
  • Options
    @MrsP13 aww shes so adorable!! Its a pain when they struggle to feed, but as long as their little bellies are full that's all that matters!! 
    That sounds painful with opening up your stitches even though you said you didnt feel it! Hopefully the antibiotics help and you recover quickly!  

@Chloe87 it's not nice when they are like that, my little one has also latched great since birth, only when shes tired like you said then she just starts wriggling her head and mouth back and forth and wont stay still long enough to latch, but with some convincing she does fine! 
    Exactly! As long as they're gaining even a little then theres nothing to worry about. Oh wow 5hrs is amazing!! We've had a few 4hr stretches but not a lot of them Haha, last few days shes up every hour and a half to 2hrs 🥴 
  • Options
    @MrsP13 aww shes so adorable!! Its a pain when they struggle to feed, but as long as their little bellies are full that's all that matters!! 
    That sounds painful with opening up your stitches even though you said you didnt feel it! Hopefully the antibiotics help and you recover quickly!  

@Chloe87 it's not nice when they are like that, my little one has also latched great since birth, only when shes tired like you said then she just starts wriggling her head and mouth back and forth and wont stay still long enough to latch, but with some convincing she does fine! 
    Exactly! As long as they're gaining even a little then theres nothing to worry about. Oh wow 5hrs is amazing!! We've had a few 4hr stretches but not a lot of them Haha, last few days shes up every hour and a half to 2hrs 🥴

That's exactly what she does head back and fourth snuffling like a piglet eventually she gets it and finally latches on. 

Yep ours is usually 2.5 hours sleep then feed bum change 

The night before she wouldn't settle at all presuming it was too hit and she had her heel prick.... 

We spent the day down the beach yesterday and tried to keep her awake as late as possible. We went to sleep at 10.30  she woke just after 3 am fed bum change awake at 6 same again and she's still asleep now . My smart watch says Ive only had 4 hours sleep. So I think I've been subconsciously awake listening for her but deffo need to get her out in the air more often if she sleeps like that !! Her cord fell of yesterday so we're going to Bath her today 😁😁 she's going to scream the house down 
    🤣🤣
  • Options
    Ella’s cord come off yesterday too I was so shocked it was hanging on by a thread an hour before. It’s so nice when it comes off makes life easier. We’ve bather her a couple times as she has stuff in her hair but she’s not the best with it her brother loved the water. Babies are always differ t. We had a couple days where she’s been feeding every 1and a half hours but she went back to every 3 hours last night which was amazing for sleep. 
    Hubby and I have an agreement I deal with her until 2am and then he deals with her after that and gets up with our son. Makes life easier for us. 
    Just not sure what we’re going to do when he goes back to work 
  • Options
    @Chloe87 oh wow that sounds like a great night! Must have tired her right out! I find myself laying in bed listening too, to make sure shes still breathing Haha. We have a baby snuza monitor that attaches to her diaper and monitors breathing but I'm waiting for her little belly button to heal up first so it doesnt rub on it. Her cord has fallen off also about a week ago, just scabby now but it's looking good! Oh goodluck with the bath 😂 mine likes it for about 30seconds then is screaming her head off!!! 

@MrsP13 funny how each baby has their own little personality! It has been fun learning how my baby is and what she likes and doesnt like! That's nice you got some rest it definitely makes a big difference. Glad you hubby is helping out and letting you get some rest  I am quite jealous! Mine will take her for about an hour sometimes and I get to nap then which has been nice! He has also changed a few more nappys, small victories 😁
  • Options
    @thinkingpositive1 glad he’s starting to be a bit more he’ll for you. It makes a difference. I think sometimes it can take a while for men to come round to the idea of being a dad, longer than it takes us woman. Hopefully with in time he’ll be a lot more hands on. 
    I feel very blessed to have hubby. I don’t know what I did in an earlier lire life but I feel like I’m being reward anyway lol. 
    Considering he had no clue when it came to kids and babies he’s taken to it like a duck to water. 

I’ve got a check up at the hospital tomorrow on my stitches and then another on Wednesday. 
    Ella’s eyes have been all a bit gooey today. I’m constantly having to clean them with cooled boiled water to get rid of the crust. 

• Options
    @Chloe87 oh wow that sounds like a great night! Must have tired her right out! I find myself laying in bed listening too, to make sure shes still breathing Haha. We have a baby snuza monitor that attaches to her diaper and monitors breathing but I'm waiting for her little belly button to heal up first so it doesnt rub on it. Her cord has fallen off also about a week ago, just scabby now but it's looking good! Oh goodluck with the bath 😂 mine likes it for about 30seconds then is screaming her head off!!! 

@MrsP13 funny how each baby has their own little personality! It has been fun learning how my baby is and what she likes and doesnt like! That's nice you got some rest it definitely makes a big difference. Glad you hubby is helping out and letting you get some rest  I am quite jealous! Mine will take her for about an hour sometimes and I get to nap then which has been nice! He has also changed a few more nappys, small victories 😁
    She's not having any of the sleeping tonight as soon as she's in the basket she's wide awake bath went well she only cried when we wet her hair !
  • Options
    @Chloe87 I’m glad the bath went well. They’ll get used to the feeling. My son is such a water baby he loved being in the bath. It’s been hard over lockdown as he has not been able to go to his swimming lessons but hopefully it won’t be long before he can get back in to them. 
    Our little miss is the opposite she’s been asleep since 10pm and I’m wondering if I should wake her or enjoy the sleep. Not that I’m sleeping I keep waking to check in her. 
  • Options
    @MrsP13 Thank you, its strange how it kicks in straight away for most of us women just such a natural feeling to want to take care of our babies! I hope the feeling stays and over time he does keep picking up more things here and there! 
    Goodluck with your check up!
    My mum said when I was a baby I would have crusty eyes every morning and she would have to soak my head Haha. 

@Chloe87 Haha aww, hopefully you got some sleep! Sounds like it might take a  while for all our babies to get used to bath time! 

• Options
    @Chloe87 oh my that sounds so terrifying! Ugh! Glad she’s ok! It’s so hard not knowing what’s happening with them and worrying bc you can’t soothe them. My little girl Elowynn also has to get the ultrasound at 6 weeks to check her hips. She also is splayed our like a chicken! See her legs up while swaddled?! Doesn’t make swaddling very easy! Lol!
    @Nevesmummy thank you!! We love her and her name!! She’s stolen our hearts 💞 

@Ayana congratulations!! How wonderful that you got to birth naturally!! Beautiful!!

Update for me - Had to rush for the hospital last night due to delayed postpartum hemorrhaging because of an infection in my uterus. Running a fever 101-102. On iv antibiotics. Lost 2 liters of blood. Had to go in for a surgery called D and C so they could scrape the rest of the tissue and placenta out of my uterus, entering through my vagina! Ugh! Got a spinal for it. Needed a blood transfusion of 2 units. I guess I lost half my blood bc they said due to my size I probably only have 4 liters! In recovery now. Getting ready to sleep bc I was up all night. Very scary but we are all ok. 😔
  • Options
    Hey ladies, how’s everyone doing?? 

Cooper is now almost 5 weeks old and he’s just amazing! He’s very chilled out like his big sister was, definitely different to his brother lol!! We had to switch to formula as I ended up getting a 5cm blood clot in my leg, they think it is from me having my c section, I was on blood thinners anyway and had been over my whole pregnancy but it was such a small dose sadly I still managed to get a clot. I had to up my injections to three a day plus warfarin tablets. The injections have now stopped but I will be on warfarin treatment for a minimum of 6 months. I was absolutely gutted that I had to give up breastfeeding as Cooper was the only one I had successfully managed to do it with so to say I was upset was an understatement. I literally cried for 3 days as I felt like I’d failed him. 

My hormones are still a bit iffy and I have days where the slightest thing makes me cry but I’m getting better. 

My OH has been back at work lots this week, but he’s been great when he’s got home, sorting out the kids dinner and ours. I’m still fairly sore from my section and have lots of numbness still in my tummy but my sister had a section 11 years ago with my niece and said she’s never had full sensation return to her tummy and still has a numb area. 

Cooper sleeping at night is getting better, he’s going 3-4 hours between feeds at night, which is lovely for me. 

Very proud big sister and brother 😍 xxxx

• Options
    Mama2be9 said:
    @Chloe87 oh my that sounds so terrifying! Ugh! Glad she’s ok! It’s so hard not knowing what’s happening with them and worrying bc you can’t soothe them. My little girl Elowynn also has to get the ultrasound at 6 weeks to check her hips. She also is splayed our like a chicken! See her legs up while swaddled?! Doesn’t make swaddling very easy! Lol!

@Ayana congratulations!! How wonderful that you got to birth naturally!! Beautiful!!

Update for me - Had to rush for the hospital last night due to delayed postpartum hemorrhaging because of an infection in my uterus. Running a fever 101-102. On iv antibiotics. Lost 2 liters of blood. Had to go in for a surgery called D and C so they could scrape the rest of the tissue and placenta out of my uterus, entering through my vagina! Ugh! Got a spinal for it. Needed a blood transfusion of 2 units. I guess I lost half my blood bc they said due to my size I probably only have 4 liters! In recovery now. Getting ready to sleep bc I was up all night. Very scary but we are all ok. 😔
    Ahhhh my baby also have to have the hip scan next month, I was so worried but it’s made me feel a bit better that it seems to be more precautionary rather than something is definitely wrong xx
  • Options
    Mama2be9 said:

How you feeling this morning xx