Forum homeā€ŗ Babiesā€ŗ Baby
šŸšØ Advance warning šŸšØ This forum will be closing on 1st May ā€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.

Rainbow Babies šŸŒˆšŸ‘¶ - Part 2

Replies

• Hey everyone happy new year hope you all and all the babies... Well not so much babies anymore are doing well
    I'm 37+4 today and really feeling it, getting impatient and really want my boy here šŸ’™šŸ’™
    Any tips for bringing on labour?? Feels like its going really slow nowĀ 
  • @MrsRees nearly 38 weeks, thatā€™s so amazing! Not long left now at all. Walking, bouncing on a birthing ball??? With my first two, I tried everything: pineapple, curry, sex, everything and nothing happened. I then tried nothing with Matilda and she came 2 weeks early!šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø I think theyā€™re in charge!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

with Matilda, I was really feeling it at the end so I decided that I was going to change my mindset. I decided to cherish every last day being pregnant because the baby would soon be here and thatā€™s what Iā€™d recommend- youā€™ll miss the kicks so much when the babyā€™s here. Take bump pics, videos of movements and enjoy those kicks and hopefully baby will decide to come early!šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ¤žšŸ»

Xxxx
  • 37+2 now, feel your pain mrsrees! Feeling like nothing will work so just enjoying nap and couple times whilst I can! Xx
  • I have got to admit I have loved being pregnant, considering the hardships of getting pregnant and staying pregnant I've had, I have had a really easy pregnancy with very few symptoms really and no issues with reduced movements and stuff so I count myself very luckyĀ 

I think I want him to come sooner rather than later as my work are pretty safe covid wise at the minute and I do worry about another spike before my husbands holiday starts and the risk of him getting it

Baby is sunny side up at last midwife appointment hoping he turns around as back to back labour's are supposed to be much worse

@Bobble321 I can't believe how close we are to having these babies I wonder which if us will pop first can't wait for your announcementĀ 
  • Morning Ladies! I canā€™t believe how close these babies are! I hope it goes fast for you!

Cant help with bringing on labour as I went to 41 then 42 weeks with mine šŸ™ˆ. I think theyā€™ll come when they come as I tried everything including alllll the walking. All it did was make me tired šŸ˜‚.

@MrsRees on back labour, I had it with Evie and honestly I wouldnā€™t necessarily say it was worse than Jamie. It was a different kind of contraction pain but as this is your first delivery and you donā€™t know what labour feels like l think you will probably convince yourself itā€™s 100 times worse than it actually is. At least I did and came out pleasantly surprised - Iā€™m not saying it doesnā€™t hurt at all but I defo amped it up in my brain! Hopefully your little man turns for you though!Ā 
  • @MrsRees wow I canā€™t believe how close you are I am so excited for you & hubby! Iā€™m glad to hear your pregnancy has gone well! No tips here either unfortunately šŸ˜” both of mine were 8 days late! But I agree with @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 it wasnā€™t as bad as I had convinced myself it was going to be, I only had gas and air with both, with Harry I only had it for 15 minutes before he was born, have you thought about what pain relief youā€™d like? xx
  • @Bobble321 youā€™re so close too! Itā€™s amazing!! Iā€™m not sure anything does work either!! I was late with my first 2!!

@MrsRees My first 2 were both Back to back but like @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390, I didnā€™t know any different! It all hurts-šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ but itā€™s sooooo worth it!!!

how is everyone? @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 and @Mummytolilyandharry???Ā 

Xxxx
  • Thanks girls that has made me feel a lot better about the labour if he is still back to back he might have turned by now and like you say I have nothing to compare it too the only thing that did majorly worry me was that there is more chance of tears

How's everyone getting in with this new lockdown?? I've been really lucky that it hasn't impacted me much really
    The home I work at went thorough the covid 30 out of 36 residents got it and 5 died, I'm obviously not working but hubby still works there so been really worried about him bringing it homeĀ 
  • Mrsrees Rosie was back to back and I didnā€™t know till they mentioned it after and i didnā€™t find it hard to get her out and had no tears!Ā 
    Lockdown is just so eurgh isnā€™t it, feel like Iā€™ve gotten more used it the more itā€™s happened though, feel like we are pros at staying home now lol
    So just thought Iā€™d update yous, went for grown scan on Tuesday, been having them weekly/2 weekly for a while now due to low PAPP-A, prev miscarriages and Rosie being smaller than average, anyways plan has been made and getting induced tomorrow! Will be 37+4, they did a sweep on Tuesday and said my cervix was already 2cm! Iā€™ve lost my mucus plug since sweep and did appear to be going into early labour last night but that stopped and has been settled all day, so just waiting on tomorrow now!Ā 
    Hope youā€™re all well, please say a little pray for me ā™„ļø Xxxxxx
  • Good luck for tomorrow @Bobble321! Hope itā€™s a quick one for you (I was induced with Jamie and my established labour was 6 minutes šŸ˜‚) and that it all goes smoothly! Once youā€™re all settled with new baby youā€™ll need to pop back and let us all know your news ā¤ļø Xx
  • Also going to post this pic just because he looks like a little old man and itā€™s so cute šŸ„°Ā 

• How was it 6 minutes!!! Heā€™s cute as xxx
  • @Bobble321 I was in 3h45 from the gel being put in but once it started working I was straight to 4cm, then 10cm and he flew out šŸ˜‚. I was 42 weeks though so he was really ready, apparently his head was sitting behind my cervix not on it so once they opened the door he made a break šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. I was nervous about induction but have to admit it made the childcare aspect for Evie much easier šŸ˜‚. And actually I didnā€™t really find it much different! X
  • I hope itā€™s that smooth for me! Rosie was induced at 38 weeks so I donā€™t really know anything else! I have to go in on my own until in established labour so hope it occurs reasonably quickly! Xxx
  • Just catching up on these comments!Ā 

@Bobble321 Good luck for today. Hope things go smoothly for you and we hear some news very soon. You donā€™t know what you are having do you?

@MrsRees Glad you are doing well, time has flown by hasnā€™t it? Only a few weeks left. Enjoy this time with your hubby!

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 Wow! Jamieā€™s birth sounds great! I hope mine is quick as yours šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

34 weeks for me! Canā€™t believe I have only 6 weeks left! Like you @Bobble321 I also have had a couple of growth scans as baby is measuring small but all seems ok now. Baby must have had a growth spurt!Ā 

Hope everyone else is well and not too miserable with another lockdown šŸ™ˆšŸ˜‚šŸ˜©
  • Wow @Bobble321 can't believe your being induced today, your probably in the throws of labour now but I guess your winning the race for who's first šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ hope all is going OK and that baby is here safely as soon as can be

@MickeyS fab your 34 weeks, that was only a month ago for me but God it feels like a lifetime ago šŸ˜‚ glad baba has had a growth spurt and is measuring OK, Oliver is measuring around 7lb 7oz at the minute according to my chart but I think he will be around That born tbh I don't trust the measurements they do just by size of bump
    I've had no growth scans so haven't seen him since 20 weeks we where in lockdown for when I wanted 28 week 4d scan done so was a bit guttedĀ 
  • @Bobble321 how exciting. I hope itā€™s going well and youā€™re holding your precious baby soon.

@MickeyS not long to go at all. I hope youā€™re well!

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 heā€™s so cute- love that picture!!!

@MrsRees hang on in there, youā€™ll be next!!

xxx
  • @MrsRees Do you not have a 36 week scan?Ā 
  • @MickeyS nope no nhs scans after 20 weeks unfortunately so was gutted I couldn't get a private one although at least I got one at 17 weeks which really calmed my nerves while waiting for 2p week scan and to feel movementĀ 
  • @Bobble321 do we have a baby yet?xxx