Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Oh my goodness @Wellcome1 you must be shattered!!!!! 😴😴😴😴

Aww look at Denver 😍 Oscar has that teething toy! He has his third tooth on the way now 😳 yes thank you, we were very relieved with the appointment. July seems ages away for the next one but I bet it comes around fairly soon!! 

Hope everyone is well xx
  • Options
    @Wellcome1 awww look at him ❤️. Wow you do sound busy. Does Denver go to nursery? William does the same, all 4’s but hasn’t figured out moving yet. Although I dream a lot that he randomly stands up & walks 🤣

@SmithL35 teeth, how cute! We’re still waiting on teeth, hopefully not long. 

Finally started my first period, 6 and a half months later haha. He’s feeding 2, maybe 3 times a day from me. He gets distracted easily so bottle is better. 

• Options
    I was surprised he got them so soon @VRob123, I didn't really know what to expect. 
    Are you feeding him less than you were then? Is that when periods start again? I haven't had one yet. 
    I'm so disappointed....I really don't want to finish breastfeeding him but it is so painful now. If it is because of his teeth there must be a way to latch him on without it hurting but I just can't do it. I'm dreading the feeds now :( he has never had formula so I wouldn't know where to start with it! 
    The health visitor is coming tomorrow so I am praying she will be able to help me!! Xx
  • Options
    @SmithL35 oh bless you hun,I think the tongue tends to go in between teeth & nipple so I’m not sure if it’ll be teeth. Hopefully the health visitor has an idea what could help. 

Yes I believe when you bf less your cycles start up again. Bottles are really easy especially when you know your routine. Boil a kettle, make a bottle (usually 1 scoop per 30ml), shake then either leave to cool until you need it (last 2 hours out of the fridge), or put under a cold running tap until at the right temp. By 6 months you don’t need to sterilise the bottles anymore. I’d like to keep bf as long as possible but he’s slowly starting to wean himself off it. We’ve done so well single handedly nurturing our children, even if we choose to stop bf or it dwindles out, we have done our absolute best for our little munchkins, moving onto a bottle is no biggie, they will still be fed & they will still absolutely adore us x
  • Options
    Morning ladies Denver has 2 teeth both at the bottom they just came from nowhere lol!! 
    Still no period for me and he’s 8 months old!! But he does still feed morning and nights from me and I express for when I’m at wrk! 
  • Options
    I'm getting myself in such a state about feeding :( it is so painful but I don't want to stop get. I'm wondering whether stopping would be best though because it's getting me down x
  • Options
    @SmithL35 don’t stress lv!! U have done amazing! If you feel now is the time then do what is best for u, you have given him the best start by feeding for so long praise yourself on your achievement don’t feel bad because you feel ready to stop! Oscar will thrive either way.
    of it makes you feel better denver is the only one of my 7 I have fed this long! All my others stopped feeding at 8-10 weeks (my choice) xx
  • Options
    @SmithL35 what @Wellcome1 said ⬆️. A lot of babies are bottle fed so stopping feeding isn’t going to hinder Oscar at all. But I do get the personal mum guilt that comes with stopping. You’ve not failed in the slightest and admitting to yourself that it’s time to stop is hard. However you’ll still have the closeness with bottle feeding and will feel the relief knowing you won’t be in pain. In a years time you’ll look back & feel better about it. Be kind to yourself xx 
  • Options
    Thank you @VRob123. Yes I think there is a massive part of me that doesn't want to stop, but I know exactly what you mean about being kind to myself, I think I would be enjoying things more if I wasn't getting wound up about the feeds. 
    We seem to be struggling with bedtime....I have managed to feed him as normal but when I've put him in his cot the last two nights he wakes and is crying for ages!! It was about 2 hours last night 😫 could it be because it is so light outside now?! 
    I am wondering whether we should try him in his nursery cot at night now. Has everyone else done that now? I will miss him so much xx
  • Options
    @SmithL35 yeah I think it’s the light. Need to get the blind on the window, job for tomorrow 🤣. But equally there is a bit of a regression between 5-6 months so it could be that. William has been in his own room since just over 4 months, when he outgrew the Moses basket. He wiggles so much he’s usually sideways or pointing the other way in the morning. 

What toothbrush do you use for Oscar?
  • Options
    Ah ok, any advice on moving him? He has been having day naps in his nursery cot for about a month now and seems happy in there. He will turn and sleep on his tummy which I was nervous about but he has been fine so far! I'm not sure he is able to roll back onto his back easily so I was waiting until he can before moving him but that could be ages :/ 

Oh I didn't know about that regression, I wonder if that is partly why then 🤔 everything seems to be changing for him, bless him :( 

Well I bought a tommee tippee set which included a toothbrush but it is a lot harder than I expected. I asked the health visitor today and she recommended a softer one and to wait until his teeth come through a bit more x
  • Options
    @Wellcome1 did you say you breastfeed Denver morning and night and then he has your milk in bottles during the day? Do you mind me asking how often you pump and when? And also how much milk you get for him to have during the day? 
    I hadn't used the breast pump for months but had to the other day because I was so sore and I got 5 ounces out altogether but that took 30 minutes :/ he guzzled that so quickly and still wanted more so I don't feel like I would be able to get enough out for him. 

Could I do it where I feed him morning and night and then use formula during the day? X
  • Options
    @SmithL35 yeh Denver feeds from me on a morning and I express 7-8oz daily for him whilst I’m at work, he only has 3oz per feed and 2-3 feeds a day 8am-5pm then has me at night.
    I can pump off 7oz quite quickly but that’s due to him not feeding off me in the day with me being at wrk.
    Denver sleeps with me and has done since he was 8 weeks old! Such a bad habit but was the easier option at the time so I’m really going to struggle getting him to sleep in his own cot/room!! 
  • Options
    Yes, baby bibs are very important nowadays and if there are reusable bibs then it's very good for all.
  • Options
    Hello everyone, 
    How are you all?? Xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

how is everyone? How’re your gorgeous little babies doing? Xx
  • Options
    Hello @XOXO1 🥰 
    All ok here thank you. Oscar is 8 months old on Sunday, I can't believe it!! How are you? Xx
  • Options
    @SmithL35 sh bless him. Times flies by doesn’t it. Arabella was 9 months yesterday 😭 I wish she would slow down. My eldest starts secondary school this year too. I don’t know where that time went. How’s Oscar sleeping? Xx
  • Options
    @XOXO1 oh goodness me, secondary school! I can't believe Oscar will go there one day! 
    He had a phase at about 4/5 months where sleep wasn't too good, but it helped moving him into his own room as he loves to move around his cot and he just didn't have space in the next to me cot. 
    About 2 weeks ago I took him to sleep at my parents to practice sleeping somewhere else before our holiday and he slept until 4.30am! I ended up waking him because I was getting worried...and sore so wanted to feed him! 
    Since then he has dropped the night feed. I ended up getting mastitis again because my milk didn't know what was going on 😂 
    How is Arabella sleeping? Do you know what her weight is? Oscar was 18lbs 6oz a fee weeks ago but is so much heavier now xx
  • Options
    Ah nooo! Mastitis is awful. You’re doing so well to still be feeding him yourself even though you’ve suffered with that. Arabella is still in our room atm but we should be moving in a few weeks and she will have her own room then. She still wakes for a bottle in the night 😭 I can’t wait till she sleeps through. Umm Arabella weight about 19lb at 7.5 months so I would be interested to know what she weighs now. She’s longer now so doesn’t feel as heavy x