Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options

My baby boy 17 weeks old!! 
  • Options
    Snap @Wellcome1 we have the exact highchair she loves it 
  • Options
    @Metalchick oh wow do we really lol xx Denver loves it!! 
  • Options

@Wellcome1 😂😂😂 we have good taste 
  • Options
    @Metalchick lol we definitely do! It such a good high chair so comfy and suitable from such a young age xx 
    It’s finally arrived!! 😊
  • Options

We have success!!!! i honestly cannot believe it! After 17 weeks of trying almost every bottle out there these actually work! 
    The bottle is not to replace me it’s just there as a backup if I need to go somewhere and leave him xx obviously he is still having my milk in them but this is huge! So happy xx 
  • Options
    @Wellcome1 that’s amazing!! What a relief. Must feel strange seeing him feeding through a bottle. 

@SmithL35 sorry hun I can remember if I replied or not. Sending you all my love, little man is definitely getting the right care. Our NHS is amazing and he’s a little fighter and won’t remember all of this. You just need to be strong for the both of you. Will be thinking of you x 
  • Options
     @Wellcome1 @Metalchick it’s like a squeaky toy 🤣. Had another laugh when I got him up this morning. 
  • Options
    @vrob I bet it’s super cute! Hope everyone is keeping well? 
    We are all fine and finally over the covid! My daughter got sent home from school on Friday as 1 of the children in her year had a positive test! So she’s now off for another 10 days!! Absolute joke as she wasn’t in school at the time due to us isolating!! But as her bubble is closed and no teacher she is missing even more school ☹️
    Denver is 18 weeks old tomorrow 😳 18 WEEKS how did that happen it has flown by! Still no periods 4 me which is frustrating me lol just want to get it over with now it’s been over 1 year since I had 1 so I’m expecting a rough one ☹️ X 
  • Options
    @Wellcome1 keeping well here thank you. William is 9 weeks and sleeping like a trooper thankfully. Growing out of his first clothes which is sad haha. No period either, I think I’ve forgotten what they’re like 🤣. You’ll be thinking about weaning soon will you? 

Your poor daughter, the kids are really missing out. So many schools seem to have year groups out at the moment 
  • Options
    Hey doing well here I know what you mean @Wellcome1 Lily is 14wks on Tuesday it’s gone so fast! Glad you’re all feeling better now, my periods have gone back to being clockwork regular had 3 now 🙄 I was hoping I wouldn’t have them for awhile but nope 
    we decided last night we are going to try again well more adopt the if it happens it happens approach we’ll be happy either way but it took me 2 and half yrs to catch with Lily and with my age being against us (43) we’ll just see 

How much are your little ones weighing? I weighed Lily last night and she’s still a little dink 11lb 4oz at 14wks and still in up to 1mth baby grows all of her Christmas clothes are going to be massive as I bought 3-6mths but never mind 
  • Options
    Aww @VRob123 I’m super jealous Denver still wakes for a night feed!! I’m holding off on weaning until he’s 6months unless he starts needing more then will introduce some bits, it’s exciting I love weaning!! 
    @Metalchick she’s still tiny then lv her Denver is 12lb at almost 18 weeks lol but he was tiny at birth, he’s now in 3-6 months clothes as he is long! 
    I really want to try for number 8 but with no periods it’s not looking likely ☹️ Xx 
  • Options

Just look at the size ov my baby boy!! He’s so chunky lol poor baby had his last lot of jabs today ☹️
    Hope you all well? Xx
  • Options
    @Wellcome1 what a gorgeous chunky baby!!! 

I had a bit of a scare this morning. I’m positive it was my mind over thinking everything though. William went to bed at 9 last night and apart from a grumble at about 4 slept until just after 7 when I woke him up. He was in such a deep sleep it took a couple of gentle wiggles to wake him up. He looked so still & pale my mind instantly thought the worst, stupid bloody over active mind! He woke up, went immediately pink and had a good feed. He’s been absolutely fine & chatty all day. I just can’t stop thinking about it 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    Hey @Wellcome1 he is gorgeous what a lovely pic and I’m sure your periods will be back in no time 
    @VRob123 I have a little breathing monitor that clips onto Lily’s nappy it call a snuza hero md and it honestly gives me such peace of mind or I’d be forever poking her she too goes so pale when I’m a deep sleep, the monitor has a little green light that flashes with her breathing and you can see it in a dark room through her baby grow and sleeping bag and if for any reason she was to stop breathing it would sound a little alert after 5 secs and vibrate to try and stimulate her then if not it sounds a loud alarm luckily it’s only gone off when I’ve removed it and forgot to turn it off 
    I know breathing monitors are not for everyone but it definitely eases my mind 

Lily is 14wks today and just starting to roll and laugh! It’s such a gorgeous sound, I’ve also switched her from her carrycot to the buggy seat only slightly raised but she is so nosy she wants to see everything and hates lying down now I took her out for the first time in it today and she had such a look of wonder at seeing the trees she just kept looking at them then to me smiling then back to the trees 

• Options
    How are you getting on @SmithL35 hope you are keeping well 
  • Options
    Hello all, 

Aww so lovely seeing the photos :) which is the high chair you guys have? 

We are fine thank you, Oscar is 8 weeks today. We ended up in hospital on Sunday because he had a bluey/grey tint around his mouth and they'd said to phone if that happened. We were there for about 4 hours, and they were happy to send him home.

He has been sleeping really well recently, it is getting to 4/4.30am and I am waking him for a feed because my boobs are so full they are so sore. Is that the right thing to do? Or should I let him sleep and maybe get some milk.out myself? I just don't want my body to think he is having milk and making more :/ it's weird because I feel like in the day I don't ever get to that full point now and almost feel like they are empty sometimes. How do you all cope through the night with full boobs?? I am going to be asking you all for some feeding advice when we know when he is having his surgery as I am still confused about pumping to freeze milk.....but I'm guessing I won't be able to feed him :(

I haven't had a period yet, nervous to as people say the first is so bad?!  

Xxx
  • Options

Ready for our walk x
  • Options
    @SmithL35 aww what a cutie the highchair is a cosatto noodle and is suitable from birth, I would say just bear with the full boobs for the moment you’re body will adjust it can just take a few days I woke up a few times soaked but it’s all good now I haven’t ever pumped the only thing I know is Storage wise: 666 rule 
    Expressed breast milk can be left at room temperature for 6 hours. The fridge 6 days and freezer 6 months. 

You can express on different days and add to what you’ve expressed on different days. 

I’m not going to lie my first period was horrific and lasted 15 days the second one was bad too but all back to normal on the third 
  • Options
    @SmithL35 aww he’s super cute!! They are all growing so quickly xx
    its normal for you to be engorged on a night lv so don’t worry if it’s a uncomfortable place warm flannels in them and let the milk flow out try not to express it manually or you body will still produce, it will start to settle down when your body realises it’s not needed.
    my boobs feel empty most of the day but Denver is still full and growing, the supply knows how much to make as your baby will change suckle as they grow our babies and bodies are amazing xx 
    well done you for persisting I know you had such a rough time with cracked nipples and your section wound! Denver is still exclusively breastfeed and the past 3 nights he’s slept from 10-5 🥳 xx 
    as for freezing your milk you can express into bags and it can stay in your freezer for 6 months xx 
    hope everyone else is ok? Xx