Forum home Babies Baby

December 2020 Babies

Replies

• @MissM2203 thanks lovely, no the GP wouldn't give me anything at all other gaviscon and was a total asshat. So for now it's dairy free until we see a pediatric doctor for him. I'm just exhausted at the moment and just want him to sleep so badly. We had a brilliant week before this all became worse and he slept in his cot in our bedroom and only woke for feeds three times and now we're back to square one of him refusing sleep at all and screaming.
    @RememberToBreathe we tried to a few weeks ago but had to stop as it was uncomfortable for me, I'm still a bit tender internally where my stitches were so we're taking it slow and have bought plenty of lube to help 🙈
    At the moment though it's the last thing on my mind despite my body bouncing back quickly and losing any baby weight quickly too. The HV has been quite rude actually about my weight and keeps asking if I'm eating because every time she sees me I look thinner. I'm eating like a friggin pig with BF a very hungry big baby! 🙄
  • @RememberToBreathe we've done the deed a few times. I had the bar put in after my first period at six weeks pp. It was a bit uncomfortable like @Emmy012 said, but we've managed to find a way through it. 

@Emmy012 I'm so sorry you're suffering with Dylan's reflux. I really hope you get the help you need.

@MissM2203 is another baby something you and hubby would ever sit down and discuss seriously? 

@Mitzy8 it's so good to hear from you! Arthur is absolutely adorable! How have you been?
  • @MissM2203, it's an awful feeling but I think two is enough for us now. I don't want false hope lol so getting rid of stuff straight away. my husband bought me another pram this week because we have a twin pram and it's only forward facing and I want Rory facing me, he wasn't happy at first but finally understood it was important to me :) 

@winter2020 so exciting talking about another one, Rory is in 3/6 months clothes now. He is much bigger than his sister was at this age. I will hopefully get him weighed tomorrow. 

@Emmy012, sorry you feel like you are back to square one with Dylan. I hope things settle for him soon and for you 💕

@RememberToBreathe, Rory doesn't really settle at all in his own all day unless he is in the car or out in the pram. We haven't done the deed yet lol. I have the mini pill but not started using it yet. I did use this between pregnancies too. I came off it after having my daughter in December 2019 and fell pregnant late Feb 20 so didn't affect me.

@Mitzy8, Arthur is gorgeous.

I am quite sad to have another mother's Day in lockdown and my other half is super stressed and busy with work I don't think he realises how important it is for me to make it special, my mum died on Mothers Day 2019 and last year he worried that doing something would upset me so he acted like the day wasn't happening. Which made it worse :( xx

• Can't believe how big my little fella is getting. He's teething at the moment so was chewing away on his daddy's (clean) finger. He's got one top, one bottom coming up, both have cut through 😭
  • @winter2020 he is gorgeous 🥰
  • @LouTTC83 thank you 💞
  • @Emmy012
    Sorry for the late response yesterday was manic (car issues) 
    Gosh I can't believe your GP refused to give you omeprazole Thats really strange? 
    Have you discontinued the gaviscon now?
    It takes a few weeks for all the dairy to be eliminated from both your systems so no quick fix but it won't harm to try it. You will have to supplement tho as after 2 weeks your body is lacking calcium and it's not great to be on this diet or so I was told by my HV.
    You lovely and young so weight shifting is good unlike me. I have always been underweight or on the lower side but not right now my weight is not shifting at all? It fell off with the other 2 but not at all now? Very odd! 
    How was your night? 
    @winter2020
    We both know we would have more but know our age makes it too risky so we haven't really had a discussion, it's too painful to close that door for good so will just let it happen naturally if that makes sense? Fionn is gorgeous, he's looking so grown up! 
    @Mitzy8
    Hello lovely how nice to hear from you, I was actually thinking about you the other day and wondering how you and Arthur were? 
    He is beautiful, can't believe how quick our babies are growing.
    @LouTTC83
    Aww that's nice of your DH to have bought you a new pram, have you tried it out yet? 
    I am so sorry that Mother's Day is so hard for you and I completely understand why it is.
    Its not nice to hear your DH doesn't make more of an effort, that should be something he does every year even more so because of your circumstances! 
    I hope he comes through for you this year, you deserve to be spoiled xx
  • @MissM2203 Don't worry lovely, hope you got your car sorted??
    The GP refused to prescribe anything other than gaviscon and we tried that for two evenings and it gave him the worst trapped wind he's ever had by far. He was screaming and then didn't poo for 24 hours which is so unlike him so we stopped immediately. We have to wait to see a pediatric doctor before they will consider anything else 😔
    He's so unsettled mostly at night again and we just go round in circles with him fussy feeding, not napping, inconsolable crying until the early hours. He's really struggling with it. 
    I don't eat a huge amount of dairy as it is but will look at supplimenting, I'm using a lot of oatly and almond milk which I know still contain calcium and I've been given some good replacements from vegan friends. Hopefully it will help, willing to try anything here if it helps him!
    I didn't think I was that much younger than you! I'm 32! The weirdest thing is I've lost the weight but my body just feels so different, definitely more wobbly and softer in places! 😂
  • @Emmy012
    My car isn't even 3yrs old yet so thankfully the problem is covered under warranty otherwise I would be looking at a hefty bill! 

I don't understand the refusal to give Dylan meds when he really is struggling.
    Gaviscon is evil I too stopped it as it did the same and @Remembertobreathe had similar issues with it too.
    I really hope Dylan gets seen soon it's not fair on any of you's just putting up with the situation and we can't even begin to know what these poor babies are feeling.

Oh goodness am a LOT older than you, am going to be 44 in 13 days 😳
  • @MissM2203 44 is no age!!
    I know, it's awful. He screams all night and we can spend hours trying to get his trumps out and poo, it's crazy! I know something isn't quite right and I'm determined to get him some help as it's not getting any better.

• @Emmy012
    Aw thanks, I don't actually feel my age but am not embracing being a few kicks away from 50!!

When you contact the GP do you get the same one all the time or is it different ones? 

After what happened with Layth when he had bronchiolitis I now won't accept 1 GP opinion. I spoke to 2 and G meds twice who all said he was fine.
    Called GP again a 3rd time and happened to get a very good one who agreed to see him an rushed him into hospital. I would trust your instincts more than a Dr. Your his Mum and know him better than anyone and I don't know why GP's don't listen more?

• Happy mother's day ladies! Hope you all have a lovely day!! 💞

To all the first time mummies here, here's to many more 💞🥰
  • Happy Mother's Day to all you gorgeous fabulous Mummy's! 
    Hope you all have a wonderful day and get truly spoiled 💕

• A mother's day I'll always remember 💞 my little man and my partner spoiled me rotten all day and then surprised me with flowers towards the very end. Safe to say I've had happy tears all day 🥰
  • Hi ladies, how are all of you and your little ones getting on?

@MissM2203 how's Layth doing?

@LouTTC83 how's Rory? How are you feeling after mother's day? I've been thinking of you but didn't want to intrude as I know it was a painful time.

@Emmy012 how have things been going with Dylan's reflux?

@RememberToBreathe how are things with Ralph?

@Mitzy8 how's Arthur?
  • Hey @winter2020 - Ralph is good thanks! A wind machine and I think maybe I do need to go dairy free again after my trial with it I thought it hadn’t done much but perhaps it did more than I thought? 

How’s Fionn?
  • @RememberToBreatheoh I'm sorry to hear that 😞 if you do go dairy free again I really hope that it helps!!

Fíonn is currently teething, a bottom tooth has cut through and he's really trying to sit up unsupported. He managed it for a few seconds yesterday on the couch. He's really gone off his bottles though, still seems hungry even after takin 7oz and his nappies are green so have a gp appointment today about if I should start supplementing with food 😭 he's not far off of 4 months, he's about three and half months old so hoping they'll give me advice on what to do as his nappies are really worrying me
  • Good Morning :) 

Hope everyone is well. 

Thanks @winter2020, my husband got me some lovely gifts from the kids for mother's Day. He was very thoughtful. 
    Poor Fionn. I have done lots of reading on baby feeding, it seems quite advised against to feed babies anything but milk until they are at least 6 months old even though they market it earlier. I never knew this with my daughter and fed her early. Apparently there stomachs aren't mature enough for it and it can cause problems further down the line. 

I have finally started booking baby classes again 🤞hoping to get the kids back into swimming again soon. 

I had my first Covid Vaccination last week too xx
  • @winter2020
    Can't believe he already has a tooth popping through!! 
    Layth is trying to sit up by himself too bless his he put a lot of effort in.
    Green stools usually is caused by an intolerance or a virus although am not expert but I can imagine it's worrying you a lot, hope the GP can help. 
    It's not advisable to give any solids until 6 months @LouTTC83 is correct. 
    I know years ago 4 months was the age they went by but after research realised it was too soon.
    My oldest girl was 6 months when she first got solids but my youngest was nearer 8 months, both BF tho so not sure if formula fed babies need a different milk as they get older? It's a shame he was always such a good wee feeder normally wasn't he? 
    @LouTTC83
    I had my covid jab yesterday and I have to say I was worried because of it going into breast milk and nobody there at the vac centre could give me advice on its safety. 
    They were all so good tho and let me go and think more but I got it done after having a meltdown haha.
    How are you getting on? 

@Emmy012
    How are you lovely? Really hope Dylan is getting better and your getting 
    some more rest at night? Is OH back to work? 

• Hi @MissM2203 how are you feeling after your jab? I felt quite ropey the day I got it done and had a sore arm for a couple of days afterwards. 
    I was nervous about getting it too with breastfeeding as initially I think they advised against it but then changed that advice. The doctor who did mine was lovely though. Rory seems fine so hoping there won't be any bad affects :) 
    Layth is doing so well trying to sit up, Rory still seems like such a floppy baby, bless him. I have put my name down for some baby groups from next month, quite looking forward to them xx