Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

December 2020 Babies

Replies

• Hi girls, good to hear from everyone!! Thanks for asking after us @MissM2203!

Fíonn had his six month injections last Wednesday. OH has just started a new job that's mostly night shifts and we were just starting to get used to it when the jabs set him back. No major side effects he's just clingy. 

He's now eating finger foods no problem. He loves solids so much, it's so funny to watch him when he's eating. He's also learned to use a sippy cup with a straw 🎉 we've have teeth numbers three and four currently making their way down so he can be a bit cranky at times. We're getting closer and closer to him saying his first word. 

In other news, I celebrated my 21st birthday on Friday 💞 was very surreal to be celebrating it as a mammy.

@MissM2203 how's all with Layth going? Has he been okay since the hospital?

@LouTTC83 good luck with the potty training! I'm so glad to hear that Rory is settling in his own room at night!

@RememberToBreathe hopefully his milk allergy clears up soon! I can't imagine how scary that can be when your child has a reaction 😞

How's everyone else doing? 
  • @RememberToBreathe

oh no poor Ralph. Croup is awful. Glad he is on the mend but it makes them so poorly doesnt it? 
    Gosh what happened reaction wise if you don't mind me asking? 
    Layth was doing well then I had fish one night (not a massive fan so first time I had ate it) he reacted badly with his bowels and it's still awful a week later. Am so annoyed with myself for eating it but we don't know these things before hand do we? 
    I have had telephone conversations with the dietician, she's very helpful and has said if Layth is doing well she may introduce dairy before a year but after the fish incident am not so sure. 
    It's such a shame they have these allergies to deal with xx
  • @winter2020
    Aww he is beautiful!

Happy Belated Birthday hope you had a wonderful day. 
    Oh to be 21 again, am actually double your age and then some 😂

Fionn has 4 teeth that's amazing, Layth has finally started cutting his first one on the bottom.

He was eating ok but has been off solids for a week now but feeding off me more again. 

Layth is also super clingy with me and cries when I leave the room 😂

• MissM2203 said:
    @winter2020
    Aww he is beautiful!

Happy Belated Birthday hope you had a wonderful day. 
    Oh to be 21 again, am actually double your age and then some 😂

Fionn has 4 teeth that's amazing, Layth has finally started cutting his first one on the bottom.

He was eating ok but has been off solids for a week now but feeding off me more again. 

Layth is also super clingy with me and cries when I leave the room 😂

Aww thank you!! 

Fíonn just really went off his milk when he was three months so we supplemented with solids. He has phases every now and again where he goes off his food and just doesn't want it. However, he's now on 8oz bottles every four hours, three solid feeds and a snack a day 😂 he dropped a good bit of weight after his recent food strike and still hasn't caught up to his pre strike weight so we're trying to up the feeds. 

Ohh good luck with the teething! Fíonn has two bottom ones and his top two are starting to pierce the gums, you can feel them just below the gum line. I took your advice and bought the powder and it's worked wonders so far! 

He's not too bad with being separated from us. Due to health reasons a few weeks ago, he had to spend the night as his grandparents as I was physically unable to move and his daddy was working the night shift. He has a great bond with his grandparents and has since he was born so I'm hoping that's helped. He really enjoys being with them and going to their house. 

He's also properly started to laugh now and the sound makes my day 😍
  • @MissM2203, Rory settled quite quickly, he seems to like the extra space in the cot although he does roll over and gets stranded in his tummy which makes me nervous. He is also very clingy. 

Emily's potty training is going ok, although she doesn't seem to know when a poo is about happen so that gets messy 🤢

I am back to work in September but only doing 15 hours a week (using 7.5 hours holiday each week until I run out) I have also told my boss that I am coming back that early if he lets me work flexibly and told him Rory won't be starting nursery until January as I am breastfeeding. 

@RememberToBreathe so you manage to get Ralph down in his bed after he has fallen asleep on you? Rory has just started waking as I put him down 🙈

@winter2020 Fion sounds like he is coming along fantastically, clever boy. Happy belated birthday. Wish I was 21 again ❤️ xx
  • MissM2203 said:
    @RememberToBreathe

oh no poor Ralph. Croup is awful. Glad he is on the mend but it makes them so poorly doesnt it? 
    Gosh what happened reaction wise if you don't mind me asking? 
    Layth was doing well then I had fish one night (not a massive fan so first time I had ate it) he reacted badly with his bowels and it's still awful a week later. Am so annoyed with myself for eating it but we don't know these things before hand do we? 
    I have had telephone conversations with the dietician, she's very helpful and has said if Layth is doing well she may introduce dairy before a year but after the fish incident am not so sure. 
    It's such a shame they have these allergies to deal with xx
    It was horrible and he was just so clingy and crying all the time which is so unlike him!

Reaction wise it was his tummy again. His wind was so bad he was crying out in pain and couldn’t lie on his front and he was so constipated again after being super regular since we started solids. He was bright red and crying as he finally went and it was really bloody as I’m guessing it tore him a little. Was awful to see.

So sorry Layth had a reaction too, sounds horrible that he’s still bad a week later. Is he having much in the way of solids? Ralph is loving food but must be going through a growth spurt as he’s a proper boob monster at the moment!!
  • LouTTC83 said:
    @MissM2203, Rory settled quite quickly, he seems to like the extra space in the cot although he does roll over and gets stranded in his tummy which makes me nervous. He is also very clingy. 

Emily's potty training is going ok, although she doesn't seem to know when a poo is about happen so that gets messy 🤢

I am back to work in September but only doing 15 hours a week (using 7.5 hours holiday each week until I run out) I have also told my boss that I am coming back that early if he lets me work flexibly and told him Rory won't be starting nursery until January as I am breastfeeding. 

@RememberToBreathe so you manage to get Ralph down in his bed after he has fallen asleep on you? Rory has just started waking as I put him down 🙈

@winter2020 Fion sounds like he is coming along fantastically, clever boy. Happy belated birthday. Wish I was 21 again ❤️ xx
    I can usually get him down after a feed but once it’s 4am whenever he wakes up he’s then on me for the rest of the night 🤦‍♀️ need to try him in the cot to see if better as I suspect like Rory he wants / needs more space but we need a blackout blind in there first. It’ll be up just before he’s seven months old so that’s the target. I expect he’ll end up in our bed early morning though which I’m happy with if I could just get a solid block of sleep before then pretty please!!!!

Great way to use your holiday x
  • @LouTTC83
    That's my fear also. Layth can roll back to tummy but then gets stuck, I have observed him for a bit but he just runs out of energy trying to get back onto his back, it's quite terrifying he just gives up and face plants the mattress! 

Aw that's great using your holidays like that, what is it that you do? 

Potty training takes the patience of a saint. 
    My 2nd daughter used to only put it on her head, she never once used it 😂
    Luckily she just wanted to big toilet xx
  • @RememberToBreathe
    Aww poor wee lamb, that sounds horrendously painful for him. I find it astonishing a small amount of food through breast milk can cause them
    so much discomfort 
    Layth was ok to start with but it didn't last long he mostly spits everything out or blows a raspberry in my face once he has something in his mouth, he's barely touched anything this week. 
    He has really bad wind, he is having at least 8 diarrhoea/slime/mucus filled Nappies every day this has been for last week? 
    We spoke to the consultant this afternoon so he had prescribed an anti allergen formula to top him up with? 
    I doubt he will take it as he has never tolerated a bottle yet or even a dummy? 
    Our boys sure do love the boob dont they 😆 xx
  • @RememberToBreathe and @MissM2203, it must be horrible to see your little ones out of sorts, I get so anxious when even the littlest things don't seem right :( 

Yes it a great way to use my holidays, I think I have 23 days to use and I only work three days a week so they last me quite a while, helps loads with nursery fees. When Rory starts nursery in January, Emily won't have any funding at that time so my nursery fees will be £933 a month to have them both in two days a week 😳 thankfully she gets funding in April. 

I work as an accountant in a small chartered surveyors, it's more like a bookkeeper just now, before I had my daughter I was working as a financial accountant but the firm I worked for got sold off while I was on maternity and the created a job for me with another related company, I have just stick with it because it's so flexible just now. 

How many days do you all work when you return? Xx

• Sibling love ❤️

• @LouTTC83

Awww they are great pictures. Your children look alike don't they? 

I feel am tearing my hair out. Nobody has really looked at Layth bar once when we saw the consultant. The fact he was chunky back then gave them no cause for concern. 
    I don't think it's all down to allergies, it seems something else may be going on but again an over the phone diagnosis and nobody has even looked at his nappies. 
    Nobody else I have spoken with that their babies had food allergies had nappies like Layth is getting. 
    I broke down with DH yesterday because am getting more and more anxious about it all. Overnight I have dealt with 4 explosions, it's not right and he's losing weight (only know as his clothes are slack now)  he was meant to get weighed regularly but only weighed once since that was put in place. Such a mess! 

I have reduced to 15hrs. 
    I will work 12hr shifts on a 3 week rota of 1,1,2. I only used to work night shift so hoping I can remain doing that because I live 40 mins drive away from work so it's the only way I can manage to juggle kids, school and keep my job. 
    I am lucky that my Mum is able to mind the kids to allow me to work when DH is away. 
    Wow your having to pay such a lot for nursery, that's unbelievable and would be most my wages gone on that alone. Thankfully it's not for long xx
  • @MissM2203, yes they have a look of each other, sometimes it's more noticeable than other times. 

Most of my salary will be gone on nursery fees for those few months, definitely wouldn't be worth it long term. I love the nursery my daughter goes too and she loves it too so it's worth it. Not sure how my son will take to it though. He is really clingy. 

Sorry you are feeling so anxious about Layth, it's awful you aren't getting seen, covids been awful and I wonder if it will improve with doctors 🤷 if you keep pushing it will someone see him? I know how you feel (kind of) Rory has had a fee skin complaints and a bad cough the last couple of weeks and no one will see him, I spend ages going around in circles on the phone to eventually get a phone call back saying it sounds vital! I did manage to book an appointment at a weigh in clinic yesterday, he weighs 15.2lb, still following the 9th centile. He looks chunky enough. First the he has been weighed since 8 weeks and I only managed to get him weighed then cos I pushed it at 8 week injections 😳 xx
  • @MissM2203 Hi lovely, sorry for my late reply, I don't seem to get notifications again 🤔
    I'm doing OK! Dylan is growing way too quickly, I have 9 weeks left of mat leave and I'm just not OK about it! I'm only going back 3 days a week but still!!
    We've started weaning, a bit of BL and puree which has been fun, we're taking it slowly though as he has such a sensitive tummy still.
    How is Layth doing now? Allergies are a friggin pain, I'm still DF and SF and have seen a huge improvement but I don't think he's 100% still and still suffers from painful wind at night on occasions and the odd explosive poo. What are his nappies like? No TMI here, feel free to send me PM photos. It's really tough isn't it. Keep going though mamma. ❤️

Hope you're all doing ok! Can't believe how big our tiny ones are now 😭
  • @LouTTC83
    I am thinking the Doctors will remain the way they are. Anytime I have been in my surgery it's been empty! 
    I had my cervical smear to get done yesterday and they allowed me to have Layth with me whereas before they would have said No so that's changed but that's about it. 
    They piloted an online consultation website for a month turns out it didn't work so they ditched it 😂
    It's so shocking regarding babies getting weighed.... Layth has his 8 month review on 5th July maybe he will get weighed then? xx

@Emmy012
    Aww so lovely to hear from you.
    I am with you regarding work, I only have 6 weeks left with pay, then would have 3 months with zero wages.
    I was thinking of doing some KIT days in that period so that I got some pay before my AL kicks in but the thought of leaving him breaks my heart! 
    I am fortunate tho that I am not officially due back until January.
    How is Dylan with the BL feeding? We were advised by the dietician to start with purées and it started ok but he really isn't bothered mostly.
    We since have tried BL and he still doesn't seem fussed and spits it out mostly.
    His poo's were ok for a few weeks but then he had a massive relapse and this is going into 2 weeks almost of diarrhoea. It's been mostly water with mucus and some have been very green. 
    They smell (so sorry tmi) really odd and not like poo it's almost an acidic horrible smell? 
    I am dairy, soy, fish and caffeine free now. I was egg for a bit but he seems ok with that. 
    It's really really hard and exhausting because he's like a newborn baby over night again! 
    How is Dylan's sleep? Is he still in your room? 
    How is your house coming along? xx

• Just wanted to check in and say I hope everyone is surviving in the heat xxx
  • Hey @RememberToBreathe how are you doing? 
    We have been a lot milder today but it has been surprisingly hot for Scotland also. 
    My DH unfortunately has been recovering from Covid. He caught it while at work and was flown home in a medical chopper a few days later. 
    It was a very worrying time trying to keep the girls away from him and make sure we didn't catch it. He's done his 10 days and is a lot better but it was terrifying I have never seen him so unwell.
    How is Ralph doing with weaning? 
    Here is Layth, he is getting so so big xx

• MissM2203 said:

Look at that beautiful boy 😍 oh he's gorgeous 😍
  • MissM2203 said:
    Hey @RememberToBreathe how are you doing? 
    We have been a lot milder today but it has been surprisingly hot for Scotland also. 
    My DH unfortunately has been recovering from Covid. He caught it while at work and was flown home in a medical chopper a few days later. 
    It was a very worrying time trying to keep the girls away from him and make sure we didn't catch it. He's done his 10 days and is a lot better but it was terrifying I have never seen him so unwell.
    How is Ralph doing with weaning? 
    Here is Layth, he is getting so so big xx

Oh Hun I'm so sorry to hear this 😞 I'm glad he's doing better