Forum homeā€ŗ Babiesā€ŗ Baby

August 2021 babies šŸ‘¶šŸ»

Replies

• Hi ladies, So we were finally discharged from the jaundice clinic following the last blood test being under 200.Ā 

Alexander has had really bad colic and it is draining šŸ˜– heā€™s now completely formula fed as my milk has now dried out and to be honest Iā€™m enjoying a good sized glass of Prosecco in the evening!! Heā€™s also abit constipated he literally goes every 48hrs and the run up to him going is horrendous with lots of screaming and pulling up of legs. Even with infacol and gripe water his colic is bad, Iā€™m looking at trying the aptimil comfort milk as he is inconsolable at times, it has reduced lactose in it so should help.Ā 

Ā As for his weight, he weighs a ton!! When he was weighed at the hospital last he was 8.15 that was nearly 2 weeks ago and he is much heavier now and longer so Iā€™m guessing heā€™s around 10lb. Iv got his 6 week check on the 30th (heā€™ll be 7 weeks then).Ā 

Time really is flying by. Iv just booked a childminder for when I return to work which is really depressing šŸ˜Ÿ.Ā 

Have many people had there period return as Iv started to bleed today which I find odd as I only stopped breastfeeding a week ago šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
  • @Sj83 yh weight gain is fine but she makes some awful noises and arching all the way back during the day and in night even when she's asleep like stomach is hurting. Noises are really loud bit like a cross between straining and if she's possessed lol.Ā 

Tried her with gavascon in 1 bottle and gone straight back to the carobel as an hour or so after her being fed I was watching TV and saw her flapping her arms and gets around like mad in moses basket. Rushed over and she had been sick all through her nose, non through mouth, and couldn't breathe or catch her breath. Think we were both so scared xx
  • Hi ladies sorry not been on my other 3 kids caught covid luckly not been too bad with it beans its bbeenSo worrying oliver is just over 5 weeks now we have had a few rough nights lately not wanting to settle down to bed had a few sleep less nights been very tiring hope your all we
  • Sorry I dont seem to be getting email notifications from here.

Hope everyone is well.

@MrsH02 in regards to bleeding and periods I'm having nightmare. After birth I had 4 weeks of bleeding. Stopped for a week the started again so assumed that was period. I was then given the pill to have untill I can have the coil fitted. Been taking that for over 4 weeks now and I've bled everyday!Ā 
  • Hey ladies, I hope everyoneā€™s alright. Itā€™s seems to be pretty quiet on here now, all these beautiful babies must be keeping us all busy.Ā 
    How is everyone getting on with sleep? In the last week I seemed to of finally got Alexander in to a bit of a bedtime routine which has been a saving grace. I manage to get him to his bed at 9:30pm then he sleeps till around 2, then feed then back off till 6:30, another feed then he sleeps until 8. So I canā€™t complain as itā€™s so much better than it has been. 2 weeks ago I couldnā€™t even get him in his own bed let alone long stints of sleep like this. It appears his digestive system has finally settled and thatā€™s whatā€™s done it. We have his 1st set of injections and 6 week check tomorrow (all very late as he will be 10 weeks old on Tuesday!!)Ā 
    Anyway, I hope your all well xĀ 
  • Hi ya oliver had his 6 week check yesterday even though his just turned 8 weeks all went well sleep is a big all over the place we was starting to have a good 6 hours at night but last couple of nights his been waiting every hour just for a cuddle ended up co sleeping a couple of nights just so I can sleep exhaustedĀ 
  • Updated pic of little man his now weighing 10ib 12 ozĀ 
  • Hi all
    How we all getting on ? I'm feeling a bit better mentally now. I stopped taking the tablets they give me as even when I wanted to be happy I couldn't on them was in mood all time for no reason.

I'm going admit I've been a rubbish mum and not taken adaline to be weighed since the 6 week health visitor check but got next appointment Monday. Can't believe she will be 15 weeks this Friday! She also has her 2nd injections Friday and I'm having the coil fitted finally ! I'm dreading it as never had it done before.

I finally got out the house yesterday and went to a baby yoga class. I really enjoyed getting out despite getting soaked as had to walk there as OH still has my car.

Here is some photos from HalloweenĀ 

• Hey great to hear from you both. Me and Alexa answer are doing well @Stokiejodie donā€™t worry about getting her weighed, Iv not had Alexander weighed since 8 weeks, I know heā€™s putting on weight as my arm now aches after 15mins of holding him šŸ˜‚. Donā€™t worry about the cool it will be fine, Iv had about 4 now in 16 years, you might get some cramping after but thatā€™s about it. Just make sure you take ibuprofen and paracetamol half an hour before your appointment.Ā 

Love the baby pics @Sj83 & @Stokiejodie they are both gorgeous.Ā 
    I took a picture of xander yesterday and he looks like heā€™s about ready to tuck in to a 3 course meal.. heā€™s massive (long not fat) il attach it.Ā 

Howā€™s sleeping going for everyone? We are now doing well he goes from around 10pm till either 5am or 7:30 depending on how much he slept early evening. Every now and then I get a night wake at 3 but itā€™s less than once a week so canā€™t complain.Ā 
  • @stokiejodie wow @mrsH02 Alexander looks So comfy in a high chair I've got no experience On a coil I've always had pills but got steralized this time so no more for me baby yoga sounds fab i Havnt braved in play groups yet mainly covid stopping me from it really this is oliver for Halloween
  • Sleepinf We have good nights and bad nights oliver normally goes to sleep around 7 some times can do 5 hours with out waking but by 3 he just wants to be with me and will only sleep on my chest šŸ˜­ day time naps we Nomally have one good one where he will sleep maybe 3 hours then other then that short 20 min naps so hard to get house work done still
  • Hi allĀ 

I keep meaning message back but then get sidetracked as adaline is being a proper demanding madame during the day the past week.

It took them a whole hour to fit my coil šŸ˜Ŗ as my cervix and womb is tilted so they couldn't get the right spot and when they did it moved šŸ™ˆ the actual putting the coil in took about 5 minutes haha.Ā 

Had adaline weighed yesterday at the health visitor appointment and she is a whopping 11 lb 12 !! No wonder my back is killing me seen as she was only 5 lb 7 when she was born.

Sleep wise adaline is doing really well. She will have her last bottle at 8ish, won't go sleep straight away but when she does she will stay sleep until 7 for a bottleĀ 

I'd recommend going some classes if you can I love going baby yoga just nice to get out the house

How's everyone else getting on? Xx
  • Oh wow shes doing amazing over night oliver is having oneĀ  bottle over night normally around midnight his been on a fussy one day just wants to be cuddled todayĀ 
  • Hi everyone šŸ˜Š Yes definitely been very busy with little man. Ended up on medication for depression, I really wasn't enjoying life but wouldn't admit I was struggling. Anyway, Oliver is doing brilliant, now a big 12lbs, just turned 3 months today, we go to a music, movement & sensory class on a Friday & just started doing baby massage this morning šŸ‘¶

Wow @MrsH02 Alexander has grown loads šŸ˜®
    @Sj83 your Oliver is so cute & @Stokiejodie I love Adaline's Halloween dress šŸ˜

Sleepwise, we're doing pretty well, he'll go down around 9/10pm & normally not wake up until 4, 5, 6am then back down for another 1 to 2 hours šŸ˜± The problem is getting hkm down to sleep some nights, but apart from that, can't really complain as it used to be every 1-2 hours šŸ˜Š

• Hey@Bexf90 well done for getting help it's so hard to admit sometimes that were struggling a bit I think I've struggled more this time then with any of my others for a while I felt so guilty about having a c section and not being able to do the first nappy change and feeds frustrated Me that I had to rely on partner to help thats so good your getting out as well I feel so guilty for not doing any thing yet as would have done with my others just so worried with covid my other 3 children caught it a few weeks ago luckily they all had mild cases and me and oh and Oliver managed to not get it
  • Morning ladies, lovely to hear from you @BexF90. Iā€™m glad your getting help, babies are hard work and play havoc with your emotions.Ā 

@Stokiejodie oh god an hour with a speculum sounds hideous, at least itā€™s in now. Did you have the mirena or copper? I always had mirena which was great as completely stopped my periods.Ā 

Well seeing asthough you all have had your babies weighed I felt bad so I just got on the scales with him and oh my god, heā€™s a whopperā€¦..14lb 12oz šŸ™ˆ I have had the worst back ever since Iv had him and now have a muscly right arm; we know why!!!!!! He is already in 3-6 month clothes as heā€™s so long, itā€™s his legs more than anything else šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
  • Thatā€™s just now in a 3-6 month sleep suit, I donā€™t think these will last long! He was only officially (by dates) 3 months yesterday, 13 weeks and 2 days xx
  • @Sj83 Iā€™m glad the kids are better and you and Oliver escaped it x
  • Thank You he is very tall I've put oliver in 3/6 months now but his got loads of room in his feet still hv said he was on the shorter side