Forum homeā€ŗ Babiesā€ŗ Baby
šŸšØ Advance warning šŸšØ This forum will be closing on 1st May ā€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.

August 2021 babies šŸ‘¶šŸ»

Replies

• Sorry again for delays in responding, crikey, where are these months going...Oliver will be 4 months old tomorrow šŸ™ˆ
    Thank you all, it took me a while to admit my emotions were more than just baby blues. I still have the odd angry outburst, but that's mainly with my OH, he just doesn't get how tiring it is šŸ™„
    Hope you're all ready for Christmas, we certainly aren't. Storm Arwen caused water to come through the roof (bathroom lights & Oliver's room), kitchen window & door šŸ˜© So lucky he's not in his own room yet šŸ€
    Poor baby is also teething šŸ˜­ Good job he loves calpol šŸ˜‚
  • @bexf90 how terrible about the storm not what you need are you ok living at home or have you had to move out till repairs get done oliver is 4 months next week his suffering so bad with excema at min poor little thing no teething for is yet but a right little chatter box always cooing or making noisesĀ 
  • @Sj83 It's a complete nightmare & so close to Christmas too. We're still at home, luckily our bedroom & the front of the house is totally fine, we just need to make sure there's a bucket or washing up bowl on the kitchen windowsill to catch most of the water. We believe it's all coming down from the totally blocked guttering šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
    Awww no, our Oliver has bad eczema too & it doesn't help he scratches his belly & head šŸ˜© We've been trying aqueous cream & dentinox cradle cap shampoo, which seems to help a bit šŸ¤”
    Wow he's holding his head really well, strong boy šŸ˜ It's so cute when they're babbling & giggling away šŸ˜
  • Aww the scratch Ming especially At night is horrible it keeps waking Him up I've been putting socks on his hands to stop the scratches šŸ˜¬doctors recommended Aveeno cream and told me to moisturise 4/6 times a day and also been using dentinox shampoo aswell is Oliver attempting rolling yet were getting A half way roll lol thankfully your whole was wasnt damaged we got 3rd lot of injections This week
  • Poor baby, it must be so frustrating for them šŸ˜ž Ah yes, we use socks when there's no clean mitts šŸ˜‚ Yeah our health visitor recommended aveeno lotion & we were using aveeno baby wash & he was screaming with it...changed to child's farm unscented & he doesn't cry šŸ˜Š

He's trying his best to roll from his back, but his core isn't very strong...hates being on his front, must be the reflux šŸ¤” Ooh that's awesome...you'll be needing another set of eyes when he does eventually crack it haha

Ooh no, the dreaded injections!! So glad there's only 3 lots when they're this young. Oliver broke his little heart for the last 2 šŸ˜Ŗ Mind you, I think it's worse for us than them šŸ˜‰ Good luck šŸ€
  • Ah ladies lovely to come on and see some activity on here. I canā€™t believe our babies are 4 months old, time is certainly flying now! I must admit though this is my favourite age and Iā€™m really enjoying having him.Ā 
    Thankfully Alexanderā€™s skin is fine but my god we are sooo slobbery, sometimes he looks like heā€™s getting dribble rash on his chin.Ā 
    He can now roll on to his side or from front to back but not back to front. I think the only reason he can roll from front to back is because he hates being on his tummy! Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s because heā€™s uncomfortable as still has his hernia, we are at the hospital for it tomorrow.Ā 
    We have our final injections on Monday which Iā€™m dreading as like the 1st ones itā€™s the ones for meningitis and he was really poorly after šŸ˜«
  • Oh wow look how well his sitting oliver was I'll after his 3rd injection was sick twice happy xmas have you all enjoy your first xmas with babies and family 4 months old todayĀ 
  • Merry Christmas ladies and babies xx

• Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have an amazing day with your baby's first Christmas šŸ˜šŸ‘¶
    Oliver is a bit overwhelmed & is having his 3rd nap of the day šŸ˜±
  • Hi all, lovely to see your Xmas pics. Well we had a bit of a nightmare on the run up to xmas. I managed to get covid for a 2nd time so we had to cancel xanders hospital appointment for his hernia and also his last set of vaccines. No one else in the house caught it thankfully, I even did LFTs on the baby!!Ā 
    Heā€™s been really grumpy recently and on Xmas eve I checked his mouth as I thought itā€™s due to teething and they he had 2 teeth erupting through his gums. I feel so sorry for him, he seems so uncomfortable with them. Everything is in his mouth and the last 2 nights heā€™s had diarrhoea alongside it. Iā€™m just hoping it passes soon and these teeth finish coming through quickly as I wasnā€™t my happy chappy back.Ā 

• Wow @MrsH02 he's sitting up amazingly šŸ˜® Awww no about his 2 teeth šŸ˜£ I can feel 1 little lump on Oliver's bottom gum but don't think we're any closer to eruption šŸ˜‘ Hope you're feeling ok & weren't too poorly with covid ā¤ļø

@Stokiejodie that's such a cute dress šŸ˜ There's been loads of Christmas outfits for girls šŸ˜Š

Wasn't impressed his feet didn't touch the floor...hopefully try it again soon & on a lower setting. Don't worry, OH was holding his head the whole time šŸ˜Š
  • @BexF90 oh he loves his jumparoo too. Try the lowest setting, xander has now started to actually jump and bounce in it.
    covis this time just felt like a bad cold, it passed really quickly though and my LFTs were neg by days 6&7.Ā 

• Aww his just the cutest in his jumperoo wow look at them teeth oliver isnt teething I domt think at min hope your recovered from covid now my partners children got it over xmas so had to cancel having ghem for xmas oliver trying out his high chair this weekĀ 
  • @Sj83 oh look at him sitting like a big boy in his chair šŸ„°.Ā 
    The teeth are fully through now and he looks so funny when he smiles now there are teeth there.Ā 
    Yes covid passed quickly thankfully and wasnā€™t too bad this time round. No one else in the house caught it from me which was a relief.Ā 

So yesterday I gave Alexander some baby porridge (literally a teaspoons worth, it was the Aptamil one). I know they say not to wean till 6 months but he is now 5 months (my elder 2 were both weaned at 4 months as back then that was the recommended age and thereā€™s nothing wrong with them). Everytime we eat he tryā€™s to grab our food and is so interested. It went down quite well and he didnā€™t really make any mess so I think il stick just to giving him a little something just at lunch for the next couple of weeks. Has anyone else started to wean?Ā 
  • I wasnt planning on weaning till 6 months I did the same with my son my older girls I did at 4 months as that's the advice back then but my oh come home other day with baby porridge fruit puree other day all excited lol šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøso he has tried a couple of spoon fills now at lunch time as wellĀ 
  • Hi all

Sorry I've been quiet again been struggling with my mood and anxiety. Feel like I'm constantly thinking worse case scenarios. Can't even go toilet without my brain popping up randomly going "but what if she has stopped breathing" I've started CBT so I'm hoping that will help slightly but still stressed because of the OH daughter as she is meant to be living with him but she doesn't want live here but she's not meant be living with his mum and dad and I feel like any time something goes on with her like skipping school or w.e and I advise him he needs to sort it as he will get fined and in trouble for it I get it thrown back in my face with "Well its not like I can say anything to her as I'm never there" like it's my fault, despite him being the one who takes her and fetches her and I've never stopped him from spending time with her. Feel like everyone resents me.

Anyway more positive stuff. Adaline has been having the heinz nature jars (sweet potato and chicken or beef) from lidl and she loves them she will eat a whole jar. Tried her on the fruit purees but she doesn't like it at all. (Might explain why I couldn't eat anything sweet whilst pregnant).Ā 

Been see health visitor today about weaning and she said to give her toast and finger food like fruit and veg but I don't think I'm ready. In my eyes she's still too small and might choke as got no teeth to chew.Ā 

Shes now a whopping 15 lb 9 !
  • @Stokiejodie Iā€™m sorry to hear youā€™ve not been feeling great. Anxiety is awful. You sound like your giving the best advice you can to your OH. Try not to take it to heart when he says that to you, heā€™s probably just struggling and taking it out on you as he doesnā€™t know what else to do.Ā 
    Iā€™m completely with you on the finger foods thing, the thought of giving him whole solids like solid veg freaks me out a little. Heā€™s tried some rusk biscuits now which melt in his mouth and heā€™s getting on ok with them. We are currently in Greece visiting my OH family so weaning here is a bit hard, I just brought some of the powdered porridge and a couple of jars with me. He actually seems to be ok with the fruit ones, the fist one was an Ellaā€™s kitchen peach one and he spat the whole thing out and gagged, but the mixed fruit one Iv tried he seems to be ok with. We fly home tomorrow night so Monday Iā€™m going to blitz some veg purĆ©es up and see how he gets on with those.Ā 
    I dread to think how much Alexander weighs heā€™s massive šŸ¤£ I need to go clothes shopping for him next week for 6-9months. Iā€™m also thinking of putting him in his own room in the next week too. I canā€™t believe how fast itā€™s going. Iv even had the conversation with my oh about having another in the next 12 months šŸ™ˆ
  • So sorry to hear your having a rough time @Stokiejodie it's so hard Oliver's sleeping has been terrible feel like all I do is moan his in bed with every night I just want to have a chilled night with the oh but instead I'm in bed by 7 having to settle him sometimes he sleeps in his cot for a hour over night but that about it šŸ˜­ how exciting MrsH02 be nice to have siblings close in ageĀ