Forum home Babies Baby

Nappy Rash Cream?

Hi all

This is one of my last things to research before baby Angus comes!

I read a great post on here months ago now, about recommendations for nappy rash cream. I always assumed I'd use sudocrem or something like that, but you girls recommended loads of other things and different ointments etc. and I am keen to find the best thing for his botty! I hope he has did Daddy's cute peachy bum!!! LOL

I'd be grateful if you could recommend the things you have before as my search can't seem to find the old thread!

xxx

Joo
30+3

Replies

• hey,

I use sudacrem but i've heard that metanium cream is good.

good luck!

lisa
  • Bepanthen has always been the best for me and really smooth to rub in so no discomfort for baby.

I had one. Think it was called metanium or something along them lines and it was ok but it was mustard yellow and a pain to get off. lol.

other than them i have sudocream

Good luck hun

Lisa xxx
  • my mom recommended zinc and castor oil cream. ive not had to use it though.
  • Sudocrem has always been the best thing we've ever tried. We've tried Bepanthen and Metanium and I don't rate them as much as sudocrem.

xx
  • Sudacrem for mild nappy rash is what we usually use but when it got bad a couple of times (pesky teething) we use metanium. ITs amazing.. shame its yellow and smells a bit m edicinal but it does the job... bloody marvellous stuff!!

My friend works with special needs kids and she recommended metanium, its what they use at the school because it works
  • Same as Kia I use Sudocrem if it is just a bit pink but when it gets serious or the sores get slightly open then metanium is bloody BRILLIANT sorts it in no time!!!

Here's hoping for a peachy bum for you - all babies bums are so I am sure it will be image
  • Same as Kia I use Sudocrem if it is just a bit pink but when it gets serious or the sores get slightly open then metanium is bloody BRILLIANT sorts it in no time!!!

Here's hoping for a peachy bum for you - all babies bums are so I am sure it will be image
  • sorry, going to have to disagree wiht garfield but agree with craftycharli andkia.

you get free pots of sudocream in bounty pack. I still ahve mine 9mths later. I use a cotton bud to apply as you dont need much on a small bottom.
    I would suggest buying a tube of metanium for a just in case. hopefully you wont need it for a while. But if its at hands its better than not at all.
  • I agree Sudacrem for mild cases and metanium if it gets worse xx