Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Suspected miscarriage

Hi

Before I start I dont want to offend anyone or appear insensitive.

My sil was recently in a bump in the car, no whiplash and not much damage to the car but the next day she started bleeding and this went on for a couple of weeks. She went to the drs and has had an internal and a scan and then the bleeding stopped. She has seen on her notes that they have written suspected micarriage but they have never said this to her. She said she is feeling all over the show and doesnt know if she is grieving for a baby that she didnt know that she was having. I didnt think you could have a miscarriage without being in pain but I know you can have a mmc. Is that correct as she has said that she has had no pain at all but had lost a lot of blood. I dont want to say this to her if its not right, I dont know how to talk about it to her, but I am thinking that if they have not actually told her that she has had a miscarriage, she hasnt had any pain and not had any medical interventin (d+c etc) then she probally hasnt had one. Maybe I should tell her to go backl to the drs and ask them directly? Sorry again but any advice would be appreciated. Jo xx

Replies

• i suppose really it wld depend on how far gone she was, really i can't see any other explanation for her bleeding tho (i'm assuming they discovered no internal wounds etc) and if she was due her period then surely she wldn't be confused cos it wld be obv that. as she didn't know i'm guessing she was v early (1-2 weeks), in which case u may not notice any pain and wld appear to be like an earlier but slightly heavier period, but really if her gp has put this on her notes then she shld've been told about it so maybe she shld ask them but i don't see why they wld write it without any reason either so they must think that she has had a miscarriage to have written it xx

[Modified by: siany on November 30, 2009 09:26 PM]

• oops

[Modified by: siany on November 30, 2009 09:24 PM]

• argghh

[Modified by: siany on November 30, 2009 09:24 PM]

• sorry, stupid BE. xx

[Modified by: siany on November 30, 2009 09:25 PM]

• and again....xx

[Modified by: siany on November 30, 2009 09:26 PM]