Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Travel cots

Currently looking to buy a travel cot has anyone got any reccommendations on the best ones, only going to use it for a weeks break in cornwall then I think it will get used as a playpen. Some travel cots seem flimsy and I don't want to buy one that will hurt my precious little one.

Replies

• It depends what you want to use it for. Some of the bigger travel cots are VERY heavy, 12-14kg, which doesn't matter if you are going away in the car but is a big chunk of your baggage allowance if you are flying, especially when you think that baby doesn't get any baggage allowance unless you pay for a seat. We have a Oomo Roomo travel cot (from mothercare) which is only 7 kg, we have used it quite alot and Millie always sleeps well in it and it is easy to put up and down. It is fairly basic but it seems sturdy and has no sharp bits or exposed hinges or anything so I am condent that it is safe. Hope that helps, Kerry xx
  • hi.. there's a red kite one in asda at the moment for only ??25. :\) I was looking for one and wish I'd bought one when daniel was younger but they always seemed expensive and I know I'd never use it as a play pen as I don't agree with playpens... so alway enede up borrowing from friends when I went on holiday. I do like the samsonite one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsonite-Pop-Up-Bubble-Colour-Creme/dp/B0006SMQL2/ref=sr_1_3/202-9209006-0194269?ie=UTF8&s=kids&qid=1180353325&sr=1-3

as it looks like a really cool play tent for when they're older too, but it's ??49.99 so depends on how much you want to spend. xxx
  • Thanks for all your replys, going to look for one tomorrow. Sure I'll find something else to buy can't seem to help myself.