Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

lactose intolerant

after taking my 6 month old back to doc again, we are not convinced it is reflux so she thinks it may be lactose as ny hubbie had this as a baby too. so i have put him on soya formula and cut out all dairy getting soya nad goats products to see. he has been referred to paeds team at my local for investigations. his symptoms are lack of appetite,milk and solids. belly sounds and looking uncomfortable. eczema patches and recently runny poo.

Replies

• glad things are getting sorted for you hun, its taken this long but hope they can sort it out soon x
  • Riley is on nutramigen for cows milk protein intollerance. This combined with infant gaviscon has made a difference but he still doesn't drink as much milk as he used to.

The gp was going to prescribe me that or soya milk but I said no to soya milk because it contains female hormones apparently.

Hope it sorts him out.
    xxx
  • where did you hear that?! tap water and cows milk have oestrogen in.

[Modified by: mrskc on July 29, 2009 10:05 AM]

• so far only 2 days in, my LO is drinking more of the soya milk than cows milk formula.
  • davids on nutrimagen too and its done nothing but wonders for him... hes a happy big boy now x
  • we use SMA LF and it is really good, worked for both my boys xx
  • Ellie had cows milk protein intolerance & was on Neocate LCP. Tasted & smelt disgusting but it helped her a lot at the time.
    Fingers crossed your Lo gets better soon xx
    PS Ellie was 8 months before being diagnosed
  • Ellie had cows milk protein intolerance & was on Neocate LCP. Tasted & smelt disgusting but it helped her a lot at the time.
    Fingers crossed your Lo gets better soon xx
    PS Ellie was 8 months before being diagnosed
  • yeah carson is 6 months now
  • oh no thats terrible david was 5 weeks when diagnosed, he was bleeding badly from back package and screaming with feeds poor thing x
  • god thats awful