Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you do...

when you LO is taking a nap? I've been on the computer today & trying to catch up with boring old paperwork..bills etc etc! Or i try & do some housework! Just wondering how everyone else uses the "free" time?

Replies

• Options
    I usually shower during Coles morning nap - if he naps for longer than it takes me to shower which isn't often then I usually wash up or put clothes away. Just put him down for an early nap now and I'm lurking on the pc while I make sure he settles then I'm gonna go do some potatoes for the shepherds pie I started this morning, and hopefully wash up and put the washing out. Exciting stuff huh!

The other day was a huge rarity.. Cole napped for an hour and after 45 minutes of washing up, tidying, cleaning up, sorting washing I actually sat down for 15 minutes and read a book!
  • Options
    I usually eat when Lily is sleeping as it is the only time I can find to eat! Get stuff ready for tea, sterlise bottles, have a quick tidy up or do boring stuff on the net like sorting out bills and the shopping!

xx
  • Options
    I tend to do a fitness DVD and then shower whilst lo has morning nap (usually hour n half to two hours) and then during afternoon nap which is only half hour im usually getting his dinner ready as when hes awake is about 4ish when he has his tea.
  • Options
    I shower during Lily's morning nap. Other than that I dont do a lot. Her naps are so irratic that if I start anything she usually wakes up. So I watch a bit of telly, come on here or eat. I tend to do bits of housework in the evenings instead.
  • Options
    A fitness DVD, well down Sammy and Jayden

I usually shower during Freya morning nap and get some house work done and or get ready to go out if we are going out. If Freya has had a bad night then I will go bk down with her as she sleeps for hour and a half to 2 hours. Freya is usually happy playing by herself so I get on a cook some food for her if she needs any doing. She then has lunch around 12ish. We then play. Freya has cut her afternoon nap now, but when she was having that I used to sort our dinner out if oh was at work. When he is at home he cooks. The up side of living with an ex-chef. Now she is not having her nap she we go for a walk and I do the house work when she has gone to bed.

I have just turned around as it has gone very quite in here and oh is asleep on the sofa and Freya is asleep in her bouncer. Oh well I will enjoy the peace while i've got it. LoL

Take care to all
    Kerry and Freya
    X X X
  • Options
    Run round the house like a lunatic tidying everything away(only to have lo mess it all up again as soon as awake!)Shower,do sit ups,go online,read!!!!
  • Options
    Eat, eat and eat and get to drink a hot cup of tea...and today as with every tuesday my Look magazine arrives so I rush up to the living room and read it cover to cover before Joshua rips it cover to cover!

I have been know to occasionally put the washing machine on lol I usually dont have that much housework to do cos I do a little each day but Joshua is 14 months old now so its easier to get things done imo cos he entertains himself xxx
  • Options
    I'm awful, i have so many things that need doing but i come on here!!!

i do try and get a shower when fin goes down for morning nap - he will usually sleep for up to 2 hours but if one day i decide to get on with something he bloody wakes!!!

i sometimes shove a load of washing on and clear kitchen etc... then watch gmtv/this morning and come on here...

although this morning did put washing on, and actually remembered to get it out and hang it out, cleaned kitchen sides and loaded dishwasher, priced up all my clothes etc for a car boot hoping to do at weekend, and came on here!!!

xx
  • Options
    It all depends on how badly the night before went.. If it was a bad one I try to cuddle up with Lo and have a rest myself. I wish I could say sleep but, it takes me about half an hour to drop off and Maddy only usually sleeps for half an hour so, she wakes up as I'm about to drop off!! Lol
    If I feel a bit more energetic, I try to cram as much housework in to the half hour I can, as quietly as possible as Maddy is one of the lightest sleepers I have ever known! If I get to a point where I am even thinking of doing something for me, like have a cuppa, go on here, put my make-up on, she miraculously wakes! Has an inbuilt alarm, I think!!