Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Someone please help...so worried

Hi everyone,

i'm not sure if anyone can remember me but i really need some advice. this might b a long post....

when i fell pregnant with my first, i didnt find out until i was 5 months gone.i had no symptoms at all. i did a hpt early on but it was negative, a test showed positive at about 19 weeks gone. with my second i found out when i was 2 weeks gone,.

now...i am using the implanon implant thing and had it put in in may. for the past couple of months i have been looking bloated and alot of people have asked me if i am pregnant and i have said no, but i do look pregnant!! so today i decided to research the implanon and found that 1 in 100 women get pregnant on it. also, i take migraine medication and i found that that can affect the effectivness of it. so i went and bought a hmp. it said to read the result after 5 mins, so i did and there was nothing there, but 20mins later there is a reaqlly faint line. i wasnt sure if i was seeing things or not but i really can see one!! i dunno what to do now. i have booked an appointment with the dr for half 3 but i dont think he will b able to tell me either way after a couple of mins with a urine sample.

i am going for an ultrasound scan tomorrow to look at my kidneys and bladder as i have lots of watwer infections. do u think it will show up on there??

i am so worried. i am in my first year of uni and i am just so crapping myself!!

please can anyone offer me any advice? i am so scared. my children are 2 and 3 and just dont know what to do!!

thanks

heather x

Replies

• Options
    Lines can appear after the five minutes but are evape (sp) lines. So it doesn't mean your pregnant, that is why you should not read the test after the five minute window.

Your doctor will be able to tell you if you are pregnant or not. if there is doubt the doctor can do a bloodtest to see if you are pregnant.

If they do an ultrasound they might be able to have a quick look, not sure if they are allowed to do it, or will do it, but you can always ask.
  • Options
    just to add to breighlins reply, usually after a while if a line appears then they areevaporation lines but, a friend of mine didn't get her line straight away and the enxt day when she opened her bin the HPT had a line on and she was pregnant so just because it appeared after the 5 minutes doesn't mean ur not but also doesn't eman u r, iyswim. if ur that far gone that u have a bump then i'm sure ur gp will be able to tell by either a an internal exam and/or a feel of ur tummy, blood tests can also come back inconclusive. i'm afraid i don't have any advce for what u shld or shldn't do as that is something only u and ur oh can decide. take care xxx
  • Options
    Hi Heather

You know what, you have had 2 pregnancies just like me. I was 20 weeks gone when I found out I was having Reece - no symptoms at all. I had put on a bit of weight (5lbs) but had been away 3 times in the summer that I was pregnant so thought it was all the beer I had drank (my poor pickled baby!). As sson as I found out I ballooned. Second time I found at 3 weeks and had plently of sickness and was showing at 3 months.

Im sure the drs will be able to tell you if you are or not, and arrange for you to see a councellor to help you decide what to do if you are. People on here will always give you advice but any decision is for you and your partner to make. Take care xxx