Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

shoes???

hi all
my son is 9 months old and he is starting to crawl and pull himself up on the furniture. he wears little trainers when he goes to childminder etc, he has some little soft bottom ones and some little rubber soled ones but my friend said yesterday that as he isnt walking yet he cant wear the rubber soled ones? he has to have cruising shoes? his soft bottom trainers have no grip at all and he slips about in them when trying to walk/stand by the furniture. i am at a loss as to whats best for him? think i may go to clarks and see what they have i want to help him along with cruising the furniture with stable shoes not slippy ones? HELP?? :\?

Replies

• Clarks are meant to be really good for giving advice about which shoes to choose. Lily's at the same stage now where she's standing and walking holding onto things but she never wears shoes at all! I think they're only meant to have the proper shoes when they're walking unaided.
  • dont know about now as everything has changed so much since i had my 2nd 11 yrs ago, but it used to be that they had to be walking properly for three months before they could wear proper shoes
  • Amy wore the Clarks cruising ones until she was around 1. Call into your local clarks & ask them for advice coz the one near us is really helpful. Amy was able to walk great in the cruising shoes though I did notice her alot steadier when she got her proper walking shoes

Hilary x
  • plus you get a photo of baby getting there first shoes in clarks