Forum home Babies Baby

Child trust fund!!

HELP!!!

I need some advice on Child Trust Fund as i never had it before as my son was born before that came out and my daughter now had got it but who do i put it in with??? i have been told by different things but stuck on which would be best for Keira!!!

Been told to join up with mothercare and some banks but i am not sure

any ideas guys?

Cheriste xxxxxxxx:\?

[Modified by: Cheriste on 29 March 2008 16:30:52 ]

Replies

• I done mine online with The Childrens Mutual & it was all really straightforward. I even got ??30 of mothercare vouchers for doing it which came in really handy. I have both Amys & Zaras with them & have never had any problems

Hilary x
  • Hi there

which one did u go for? non shareholder or shareholder thats what confusing me

sorry lol
    Carly xx
  • We went for the stakeholder one xx
  • I think with mothercare and most banks it is stakeholders, it depends what kind u want to put the money into. Me personally didnt want to risk the money me and family put in so put it into a savings account with the only back ( i know of that do it) and thats nationwide x
  • Abbey do a savings only account too. Don't worry though, whichever account you decide to do, you can move it at any time.
    I've put Poppys into a savings only account in they Abbey but I'm going to move it to a stakeholder as the rest of the money that I save for her regularly is in a high interest savings account so it is only the governments 'gift' to her that is at a higher risk.
    x
  • If you Google it there are websites that give you descriptions about all the different options. we decided to go with savings account through Family Investments in conjuntion with Barclays Bank, they seemed to offer the best return on savings over the last 3/4years that Child Trust has been operating. I am currently adding a further ??10 a month to her fund, I would love it to be higher but we just can't afford anymore at the moment.
  • I put my boys into a Nationwide savings account too. I thought it was safer that way
  • We went with HSBC as we bank with them and chose a stakeholder account which can be risky as u can loose money if the businesses they invest in don't do well but with a savings account in 18 yrs time with inflation rates ect the money u put in will loose value anyway as it won't be worth as much. We only have the voucher from HM Rev in there at the mo anyway as we have had no money to put into her account reguarally!!! we are hoping to start soon though!
    Hannah xx
  • I put Kara's into a Nationwide savings account as well. It was the best option so she didn't loose any money in the long term.