Forum home Babies Baby

Snow day!!! A new pic on last page...

13»

Replies

• We have Robert, (7 weeks) sat in his baby rocker looking out of our glass back door at the snow and he is facinated by it! Oh is working fom home today so we also took him on a short ride to the chippy, I did start to build a snowbaby for him but he kept grizzling for me to join him back inside. image Can't wait til hes older and can help!
  • hayleyspirit - are u in Derby? xx
  • Now come on - own up! Who told the snow to tease me?????

it keeps snowing for about 1 minute then stopping and getting brighter (or at least clearer now as its going dark) so it wont properly snow!!!!

I want snow! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol:

About 10 miles north of us has snow, and the ends of the peninsulas has snow, but our bit in the middle doesnt have any....

I promise to be a good girl if it snows, but by 11am tomorrow i'd like it clear please so i can walk to the health centre with Ollie for my MW appointment.... (am i allowed my cake and eat it too? image:lol: )

xxx
  • I'm with you mummy stephe, everywhere around us has at least 5 inches of snow and up to 10 inches in places, what do we get, about a poxy cm!! it started to snow really big flakes then went back to the silly little stuff that doesnt settle much. I want more!!!
  • we have loads its like 6 7 inc deep its grate havent seen so much snow me whole life so excited image
  • http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2071/6/66/626645366/n626645366_5749174_4392.jpg

Me and my dh make a snowman and I made a snowbaby!! :lol:
  • Loopy Loo loving the snowbaby! x
  • We took Bethany out in the snow this morning, don't think she really knew what to make of it!

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc321/BabyBethanyEve/020209059-1.jpg

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc321/BabyBethanyEve/020209085-1.jpg

• Thanks Mum to 1!
  • brandolloz im in matlock in derbyshire its riber castle xx
  • Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Still no snow!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry: *sulks*

ah well, at least it'll be easier to walk up to the health centre now, not a flake of snow in sight.
    Anyone want our clear blue skies.....? And sunshine....?
    I'll trade them this afternoon for snow... image:lol:

xxx
  • Our snow is melting fast MummyStephe so we'll be like you soon! I'd hoped we'd have tones overnight and oh would have to stay in with us but nowt just rain!x
  • Trains are not really runny again today so my dh has another day at home! Hoping to make a mummy snowman, the sun is shining now though!
  • my dh has gone in today and seen that where we used to live and croydon had and still have much more snow......so much that his boss and workmates couldn't get in the car park! So, his boss has given him a few jobs to then he can come home and work from home again! More snow forcast so I wonder what will happen for the rest of the week!! Stupid thing is that there is a car park opposite that they'd have to pay for so they could get in really.

Anyway.....had to share another pic - mummy snowman has joined baby and daddy......

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2081/6/66/626645366/n626645366_5762938_1629.jpg

• Bubblez that is clever and cute-lovin the 'dangling' legs!! Loopy Loo like the whole snow family looks like you haven't much left! Pil say they have loads and loads in Surrey. Ours has all but gone just waiting for the next lot-Thursday isn't it?
  • Mum to 1 - we live in the wrong part of surrey! Lol, 10 mins down the road and there was double the amount we got! My dh wants to move back to where we had our flat as there was more there! Surrey was suppposed to get loads today but it's not happening! am very disappointed!

Bubblez - I love the footprints in the snow! And the people sitting on the bench are fantastic!
  • I think the UK is set to get what we are having at the moment out here in Norway, we have had a good amount for a while but yesterday we had about 10 inches and it has been snowing all night and all day so far today. I cleared the drive yesterday afternoon and am about to go out and do it again before it gets any worse. Even more forecast for tomorrow.

Hope you are all coping ok with it, I'll have to send you out some snow shovels!! =) x
  • Yeah, we expect it from about October time until around March although it isn't usually constant snow anymore. We are all kitted out for the winter though as whether there is snow or not you can expect it to drop at least as low as -20 at some point. We always have bags of salt to shove on the drive to keep the ice away, spiked tyres on the car, the streets in our local town are heated so the snow stays off them, and when the snow is bad the snow plough comes out regularly to keep the roads clear. Everything functions as normal so no excuse for hubby not to go to work, even if it takes him an hour to get the drive clear before he can set off! x
  • Wow! LizB, I'm totally jealous!!!!
  • We had another load this morning but I phoned the school who assured me they would be open for the day, after trudging 3/4 of a mile with a 2 stone toddler in a buggy which is not easy in 6 inches of snow I can tell you and a whinging 4 year old we arrived to be told they were about to close for the day grrrrr. Still we had a lovely day sledging and making snowmen then having lovely hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows. mmmmmm