Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

stretch marks...i hope you all have lots!

2»

Replies

• Options
    my boobs got off quite lightly actually and would be very pleased if the marks over the rest of me looked like those on my boobs. Emily&sam yours sound like mine and Pumpkinpatch i totally agree with the family thing, my mum had 4 kids and i'm pretty sure she didnt suffer like i have, mine are still bright pink an lo 6mnths. my sil got them just like mine and her kids saw mine and recoiled in horrer "eugh look at your belly" my neice said...well you can always rely on children for honesty, but 9yrs on my sil have faded so i was able to explain that is what hopefully mine will look like x
  • Options
    yeh my 13 year old sister was horrified at mine lol!
    my mum had my baby sister 3 weeks ago (her 3rd child) and she has lost tons of weight and doesnt have a single stretchmark. obv i dont have that good gene!!! my midwife told me i have "that kind of skin" :roll:
  • Options
    Hi,

I always had pretty bad stretch marks and red scars around my belly region ever since I gave birth to my three kids.I had tried Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter which a number of people had recommended but it didn't seem to work. My Doctor had even suggested that I go for a Tummy Tuck. I then recently read an article about a lady who supposedly got rid of her stretch marks using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked really well. Within a couple of weeks my stretch marks were very much faded and they soon disappeared.You can read the lady's article at the link below.

http://stretchmarkszapped.wordpress.com

[Modified by: jennifer8055 on June 06, 2008 11:40 AM]
  • Options
    just been on that link, i want that cream but you can only get it in america!! typical...i'm gonna see if i can find it on ebay or something...captiva its called...
  • Options
    I didn't get any until AFTER lo was born!! I had a beautiful little bump and then because my stomach, literally went back to normal straight away after giving birth, they all appeared. Now I have a stripy stomach, my thighs are extremely stripy, I have a few on the back of my calves and a few on my lady bits (Kian had a big head lol!). I hate them with a passion, they make me feel disgusting!!
    xx
  • Options
    im another one to hate i didnt get a single mark. I used vitamin e cream and cocoa butter! My mum never got any tho so it may be in the genes!!xxx
  • Options
    maybe mine arnt as bad as i thought i only got them on my tummy and hipps and one or two on my lower back. didnt know you could get them on your legs when pregnant.xxx
  • Options
    Like a couple of you on here, I had none on my stomach BEFORE i had my lo (i lie i saw what i believe were very faint lines in the last wk of my pregnancy but thought I had got away with it!). Boy I was wrong. They turned purple once lo arrived! they are around the side and bottom of belly button! I knew you got them for gaining weight...didn't really think about getting them when losing weight! I have a couple on my boobs..but then i have gone up 3 sizes - just hope they don't shrink too much cos other wise my boobs will be covered in them! Have started to use some stretch mark cream to help them fade! Was looking forward to wearing a bikini....encouraging me to lose weight now my boobs are a decent size! the stretch marks are putting me off tho, lol!!xxx
  • Options
    i have none!but before you all start to hate me(lol)i have other probs,my legs seem to have devoloped celulite everywhere and my boobs...huh thats a joke!i didnt have much to start with but now!nothing to fill a bra and i just hate them,oh and the wobbly tummy and muffin top!gawd my figure is just shot to hell now!lol oh well all worth it right?...right????lol
  • Options
    well i for one am still cross you escaped the stretch marks...as i still have the rest of those problems (just not the cellulite) all as well as my pink zebra stripes...so still cross, but you've mellowed me with the bit about how its all worth it...coz it is isnt it!!? xxx
  • Options
    Bio oil is brilliant for stretchmarks. It takes a while but really does work, I got a couple on either side of my belly button (bloody big babies!) towards the end of second preg and 3 months on they're fading nicely.
    It's not cheap but lasts ages, you can get at most supermarkets now.