Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mirena coil and tampons - advice please :D

Hi girlies.

Apologies in advance for possible TMI!

I had the Mirena Coil fitted 6 months ago and have had no problems. A light bleed when it was first fitted, gradually as the time has gone on since its been fitted wearing tampons are getting more and more painful.

This bleed I'm having now I can't wear a tampon at all, not even a mini one. So having to wear fat pants and lovely pads lol!! Its not so much painful more uncomfy, like a stinging sensation. My mums friend said that she was told you shouldnt wear them with the coil in but I havent heard this and the doctor never mentioned it.

Has anybody experienced this before? Do you think its worth mentioning to my doctor?

Thanks

xx

Replies

• Def mention it to the doc! I had mine fitted and was told NOT to use a tampon for my first bleed but then it was fine too. I have and have had no problems with them.
  • I haven't got the coil but I would mention it to your GP as the coil may not be fitted properly or the threads may need trimming - this might be making tampons hurt?? I'm not sure really, I thought the only time you couldn't use tampons was when you are pg or have just had a lo.