Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

heaters 4 babies room?

We dont have central heating, just electric. there are storage heaters but they really smell when we use them ( like a burning) so would rather not use them in LO room. We have a fan heater thing but it makes the room very hot and stuffy very quickly, so we got a dimplex wall mounted timer heater but as it regulates its temperature it makes a loud clicking noise which disturbs LO sleep! any ideas anyone? Our bedrooms are rather cold because they are at back and sun never gets round there!
Thank you ladies xxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Haven't got any suggestions for other heaters but if your storage heaters are like the ones we used to have it is probably just dust inside them that is making the burning smell. You might find that after a day or two the smell disappears. What about an electric oil filled radiator? Only problem is I think they might cost a small fortune to run.
    xx
  • Options
    Thankyou bedhead, think I may give them a clean up as I just checked and they are very dusty!!! You r right about the oil heater too, where we previously lived we had an electric meter and notched up ??5 a week, when we bought the oil heater using it about 6 hrs overnight each day it turned to ??20 a week!!!!!
  • Options

Hallo guys...

I am new here. So i think it is a best palse for lern information. And thats a great question thanks- i only have central heating downstairs and the other nite it was 14 in his nursery- i ended up putting him in our bed? Not much help am i? just wanted to say thanx!

• Options

We used the oil filled radiators which worked really well and are much quieter that the normal electric fan heaters. They feel much more like a central heating radiator. I found a link to some so you know what I mean.

Oil Filled Electric radiators

Hope this helps, good luck, Sam