Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby P was discharged by the Hospital where I had my baby!

2»

Replies

• i dont feel sorry for ANY of the people surrounding the poor lil mites death. They were all there to love and care for him and they ALL failed him miserabley.
  • It was the system that failed that baby

The social workers form the system - i don't care how busy you are, you're eyes don't stop working and a blind person could have spotted this boys injuries. Noone deserves any sympathy apart from baby P, he was failed by everyone who came into contact with him.
  • I agree that the babys injuries were so severe that anybody could have spotted them, my understanding was that a social worker did recomend the baby went into care, as did the police, however the decision was over ruled by a senior social worker as baby p apparantly did not meet their criteria, it was the system that failed him, all of the agencies involved should have been able to make an instant decision to remove him from that house but the sad fact is they couldn't, also that soial worker had 18 cases which is way above what is accepted as a manageble case load, she probably had managers breathing down her neck for her to meet targets so yes she did miss it and yes she should be investigated becuase of that but so should the whole of social services up and down the country, maybe if the government put more money into getting more staff and giving the few staff they have more time to spend with the family so they really got an insight of how the family unit was run instead of being allocated just 5 mins per family so they can get to see all their cases that day horrifc things like this could have been stopped before it got as far as it did.

I know not everyone will agree with me but at the end of the day it was the evil scum he lived with that killed him, this sort of thing goes on all the time, one child a week is killed by the people that are supposed to protect and love them so in my opinion the whole system needs an overhaul and be replaced by one that actually works.
  • To be competely honest I don't really know all the information about baby P's case as it makes me tearful to watch so i've tried not to! But God doesn't it make you want to open your home and just love and care for another little one who really needs it! x
  • Completely agree it must be love, I have 4 children already and my house is pretty full, but I could make room for another 10 if i needed to x