Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

some advice with meal ideas please??

can anyone give me some ideas for what to give my 9.5month old. i have been using jars since weaning and he usually has 1 petit filous afterwards. im a terrible cook so just wondering if there are some really simple thing i could give him that are more healthy and more of a variety... i am going to try him with scrambled egg on toast in the morning along with his usual bottle...

any other cheap easy ideas?

emilie and sam xx

Replies

• My lo is 15 months now and chewing well. When he was 9 mths old my life saver was ice cube trays. I would buy a small selection of veg and fruit (apples, pear, carrot and sweet potato being the faves), boil them individually til soft, then puree or mash them. Fill the ice cube trays with individual portions and then, at meal times take out 2 cubes of different varieties, warm them through and there was a great meal. We had some wierd and wonderful mixes but carrot and pear was always a winner. If your lo is wanting texture leave some lumps in the mash. If the puree is too runny baby rice is a great thickener. For maybe an hours work you can have a good couple of weeks worth of food. As he was wanting to start to handle food I would lightly steam carrot sticks and broccoli til they were easily chewable, let them cool and just give them him to chew and play with. He also loved cheese either grated into things or on it's own. Hope this is of some help.