Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby not sleeping!

Hi all, after months of going to sleep like a little angel at around 7pm Lily has suddenly decided she doesn't like going to sleep at this time anymore. She's also not happy having her last bottle anymore- she used to be really content and nod off at end of bottle but now she just faffs about and stays awake and I don't really know why! She can be awake up until 9 o'clock or later. Am I better off just putting in her cot when it's bedtime and leaving her for a bit? What about when she cries? I can't help picking her up but sometimes that just wakes her up even more. It's making me feel quite stressed as I'm shattered myself at mo! Any advice greatly appreciated. She's 18 weeks old.

(Ooh just remembered that when I took her to get weighed this week they asked how many weeks old Lily was and I didn't have a clue! I'd totally lost track-what a terrible mum!)

xxx

Replies

• Hi Lea

This is probally like taking diet advice from an obese person as my baby is a terrible sleeper but could she be hungry for more than milk? Have you tried a bit of baby rice before she goes down? Take care, Jo x
  • do you still put her to bed at 7.00 after the bottle or let her stay up? i would stick your bedtime routine, she'll get the hang of it eventually. bath, bottle, bed - at 7.00pm. If she cries go to her, but don't get her up again (unless absolutely distraught), just soothe her, stay in the room if necessary, then leave & repeat for as long as it takes. she'll soon realise that you mean business & will know that bedtime means bedtime. good luck xx
  • Thank you. She's on baby rice in the day but usually seems too tired to eat it with her last bottle. Might try giving her a tiny bit tonight.She lays in her cot with her eyes shut as if she's asleep but she's sort of whimpering and crying at the same time. I've just been going with the flow really but I'm going to try and stick to a routine from tomorrow. If she's whimpering and I get her out and give her a little cuddle then she settles down but I don't want to have to rely on doing this every time. Maybe if I don't pick her up but give her a cuddle before I put her down it might help. xxx