Forum home Babies Baby

Really worried about milk intake

Evan has always been awful with his milk, but from about 2 weeks ago he has dramatically cut back and I struggle to get 10 ozs in him, I manage to get a full 7 oz in the morning where he will drink a bit then put the rest in his cereal, mid morning I try and he totally refuses just starts going mad, so has a couple of yogurts, same for the afternoon, try and add milk to his lunch but cant add much as he likes it thick unless he has one of those powdered meals but he dont have it every day, then at night he will have half an oz and ive had to start giving him a bit of rusk or porridge to get a couple more oz in him before bed

Ive tried not giving him supper see if he will take any more, he wont, ive tried giving dream feeds at various times and he wont just gets mad cause ive woke him up. tried with different milks same for each, tried follow on point blank refused any!!!

Sorry its a long thread im just worried and ive asked hv and she just said encourage him to drink more - right because that is helpful!!!

any advice ladies????

xxxxxx

Replies

• Hello

How old is your lo? I have never managed to get mine to take more than 4oz at one feed so GP advised early weaning and we never made it much beyond 10oz a day. If he's eating and happy I wouldn't worry about it - (the GP said if I got less than 5oz a day in her she would prescribe calcium/ vitamin supplements but we managed to stay above that.)

Good luck
  • try not worry hun how old is your little and how is his weight gain? You are doing all right things my faith is a moster when comes to milk even now i change her milk to lactose free one still having problems with her having bottle.Faith was sick and started losing weight she very small for age she 15.1 36weeks old just send big hugs to you try not to worry just keep doing all thing you doing there no set rule babies are all diffrent
    carrie faith

[Modified by: cazmac10 on January 04, 2009 08:15 PM]

• Thanks ladies, Evan is 7 months, he loves his food and would just eat that and no milk if we let him. He is happy and loves having the yogurt instead of the milk. HE weighs about 17 and half pounds, hes not tiny though looks normal for his age.
    Thanks again though
  • Thanks ladies, Evan is 7 months, he loves his food and would just eat that and no milk if we let him. He is happy and loves having the yogurt instead of the milk. HE weighs about 17 and half pounds, hes not tiny though looks normal for his age.
    Thanks again though
    Thanks again though