Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Weigh in....

Thanks for the advice I agree about hv making it worse than what it is, my eldest grew out of it now she is a loony.. Their dad is big and so is his family, I think its where they get it from.
Hope your ok with your pnd suzaie, I have suffered with it from both of mine and yes hv are crap with that too. I am just finding I am having good and bad days depending on sleep! It hasnt helped either where my youngest was rushed to hospital last week with a chest infection, but she is ok now. Good luck take care xxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    I thought I would do this as I was a bit concerned about my daughters weight at my last visit as she has tailed off the graph now, and basically is a bit fat. My HV suggested taking her baby arobics.. There isnt anywhere that does it in my area, and my elder daughter was big but grew out of it when she started walking and crawling but she was never this big. Anyway my daughter was born on november the 1st 3 and a half weeks early and weighed 7lbs and at her last weigh in at 18 weeks she was 17lb 10 and she is wearing 6 month old clothes. I think I am more upset cos I wanted her to stay a baby for longer. I thought I would do this so i could have a rough guide of other mums about weights.

Thank you
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Lolly lou, I woudn't worry too much. I have three children and have all been on the large side!! My newest arrival is only three weeks old in one week he gained 1lb and 2oz!! which is an awful lot for a baby so young but he is really healthy. His big sister and big brother were both big babies aswell. My daughter was on the 91st centile all the time she was a baby and now she is five and is as skinny as a rake!! my son who is 2 and 4 months was just over the 98th centile and they were always on at me about how much he was putting on too much weight!! What can you do put them on a diet, I used to get quite cross with the hv's. He is now very stocky and tall but certainly not at all fat. I am sure you have nothing to worry about as when they become more active in my experience the weight does drop off. Hope this helps, Karyn xx
  • Options
    Hiya, don't worry it's not just you! My little man is nearly 19 weeks, and on Monday he weighed 17lb 8oz, he was onlt 6lb 14oz when he was born. He is pretty much grown out of his 3-6 month clothes, but as you say once they get moving they will burn it off a bit more. I know what you mean about staying a baby for longer, it feels like he has always been big, which is really sad. To be honest, I never talk to my health visitor, she knows I have pnd and stil goes out of her way to make me feel bad, so I get him weighed and just go home. How are you anyway chick a dee? xx
  • Options
    Bless her, is she OK now? So many bugs going around at the mo, I come on here and ask questions rather than speaking to hv, I know I will get sense on here! Yeah I'm having good and bad days, and sleep makes a huge amount of difference! My partner isn't that big, but my Dad is 6'4'' and a size 13 shoe, so I think my little man will be taking after him!
  • Options
    I read somewhere that babies get their height from their dads and their weight from their mums so my poor little man is destined to be short and fat. To be honest I do worry about him ending up a bit of a porker coz of me. He was born pretty tiny at 5lb 14oz and was pretty much sat on the 2nd centile, he's done really well and now at 14 weeks is 13lb 11oz and sitting just under 50th centile and although I'm really pleased with his progress I've had worrying visions of him shooting straight through it and keeping heading upwards. So I'm quite glad coz he's slowed down the last few weeks but still putting on well to keep him steady.
    It's so hard coz they say dont push them to finish feeds or take more than they seem to want but my little sausage will mess about on a feed from the word go unless he's absolutely starving like first thing in the morning but if I take it as he's had enough and stop I'll be screamed at five mins later coz he's hungry.
  • Options
    Hi my son Zach weighed 9lbs 2.5ozs and measured 54cm at birth, well above average and now he is 6 months old and weighs 16lbs 7.5ozs and measures 71 cm. He is on the 25th centile for weight and 98th for height. Health visitors are so obsessed with their charts that they forget that he is his own unique person. Life would be boring if we were all the same!!:roll:
  • Options
    Well said el_pinko.x
  • Options
    My Lo was 7 10ozs born and had her weighed yeasterday at 6 months and she is 17 10ozs but she doesn't seem to have geown height wise much, she was 54cms born and is only 62cms now!!!