Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

is this ok?

hi,
just got back from having my little man weighed he's suddenly dropped from putting 8 or 9 oz per week to only 4oz this week he's 13weeks and now 12lb 6oz. the hv wasnt worried at all!

i think i know why has for the last 4 days he's dropped a feed only has four feeds per day
it goes
- breastfeed at 8-8.30am (it takes 1/2hr)
- 5oz expressed milk at 1-1.30pm
- 5oz expressed milk at 5.30-6pm
- 5 oz formula milk at 10-10.30pm and sleeps through night

i dont wake him for feeds i just let him lead and also tried increasing to 6oz feeds but he puked it all back up so after a few feeds went back down to 5oz with no complaint.

am i doing it ok or should i be force feeding him more often?

the hv just told me to do what i think is right and hubby just said he'd let you konw if he wanted more

Replies

• I would let your lo lead you, he is still putting weight on which is the main thing and if your hv is happy then i would not worry.
    There weight gain does slow up I had Maddie weighed at 23 weeks and she had only put 5oz on in 5 weeks but was told it is fine as she is not loosing weight and her weight chart is fine, i would see how you go and just keep an eye on his weight.