Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Names... do you imagine their upbringing?

1235»

Replies

• Hi ladies,

I don't think people can help but 'judge' someone by names, but think it goes back to knowing someone who's had that name. Most people when choosing a baby's name will be reminded of people they've known over the years and decide whether they like a particular name or not based on if they knew someone and if they liked them (I know I'm guilty of that).

As for using shortened versions of names on birth certificates, I've been careful with my other two kiddies to use names that don't easily shorten to nicknames, like rebecca shortened to becky etc, I think if that's the name you want to call them then just give them that name. My hubby has a shortened name, he was named after his father (anthony) but because no one ever calls him by his full name hubby is simply Tony, but saying that, everytime he tells someone his name he has to explain that no, it isn't short for Anthony :lol:
  • WalT Disney was the first name, Christmas as the middle name, and P**** was the surname(obviously not actually P start start start, but didn't want to type the actual name!
  • LOL, as im from Northern Ireland we do tend to get a lot of weird names here, Plunket, Caaher, Siobhan, i love the nsame Siobhan (shevon) but there are a lot of weirdo names too.
    i spelled dd2s name slightly differantly because she was named after her great gran but i wanted her to be unique so Lucie it was instead of the traditional Lucy.
  • my wee dog is luci as i loved this name but haven't had any girls ................yet wa ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • i like the irish names that look nothing like how they sound! i used to teach a siobhan and used to wind her up by calling her just how it is spelled, si - O - ba - han. lol. i like eithne too as an exmple of that. looks nothing like how you'd say it (enya)!!!