Forum home Babies Baby

Tots bots nappy users - Help! What am I doing wrong?

I don't normally use Tots Bots, I'm a Bambino Mio girl, but my friend is having a baby any day now and asked me to try out her nappies and let her know how I get on. I think the one she's given me is a bamboozle (is that right? It's all in one piece, and the fleecy middle bit extends and you have to fold it inside the pocket) and both times I've used it, it's leaked urine at the front. The first time I'd just folded the fleecy bit straight inside the whole nappy, but the second time I folded it in two inside the pocket so there was a bit more bulk at the front in the hope of stopping the leak. It didn't work though!

What am I doing wrong? I'm really worried I'm going to be returning this lovely bamboo nappy to my friend and I'll have to tell her it kept leaking! Not what an about-to-be-a-mummy lady needs!!! Any advice and tips are greatly appreciated.

Em x

PS: Do they normally take a billion years to dry?

Replies

• Oh no! I was hoping it was me - I can fix that! Oh dear, I think I may have to bite the bullet and tell her, or else she'll be asking me how I got them to not leak and I won't have a clue - then I'll have to confess and it'll be horrid! I can't see how to stop the wee soaking right up because the nappy's all one piece, so there's not barrier to stop it just leaking up his front! They are super soft though, I keep stroking it! (but I'm a bit mad)
  • I agree. I feel really bad for her - I just hope this doesn't make her give up in the reusables front! x
  • Hi EmilyB - This might be a really silly question but are you using a wrap with the bamboozle?! As far as i'm aware they need them as they don't have a waterproof layer even though it kinda looks like it has iyswim? xxx
  • Ahh I see - I have a totsbots that has one of those flaps that folds in but it isn't and AIO, didn't realise the easyfit has the same design! I've had no joy with any of the totsbots range though but i think it does depend on the baby and also all nappies become more absorbent with use so perhaps it would build up it's absorbency with a newborn compared to a much larger baby who is producing a lot more urine? gl anyway xx
  • Ahh I see - I have a totsbots that has one of those flaps that folds in but it isn't and AIO, didn't realise the easyfit has the same design! I've had no joy with any of the totsbots range though but i think it does depend on the baby and also all nappies become more absorbent with use so perhaps it would build up it's absorbency with a newborn compared to a much larger baby who is producing a lot more urine? gl anyway xx
  • I've got a flexi tot, which sounds like that...which does need a wrap but doesn't look like it does so Hubby always forgets to put a wrap in it and within 10 mins there's wee everywhere lol!

Xx