Forum home Babies Baby

Worried!!

Have been to docs and he said lo has a virus, this has now been going on for over a week, she is no longer being quite as sick but has a bit of a cough which has made the mucus she already has much worse.
What is really worrying me is that she will not takeher feeds and has not had them and kept them down for over a week, she is no longer sicking most of it up but is only taking 1-3 oz of her normal 8 oz bottles and does not want extra feeds, i had begun to wean her but she has stopped having that at the mo as well. The doc said not to worry but surely she should be having more than this by now. She is alert but sleeping much more than normal and quite wingey, I am feeling at a loss about it all but am starting to get quite worried - why wont she take her feed? the only bottle she is having is the 7am so it is nnot a problem drinking she is just choosing not to.
Please help!!:\?

Replies

• Hi dont worry leo has been the same really poorly very lethergic,coughing the runs bringing back up every feed not wanting them i also started him on solids which he wouldnt have so gave up trying. He has been like this for 10 days i couldnt put him down he slept on me all day, when anyone touched or moved him he started screaming like he was in pain and had a temp i was at my wits end and the quedoc wouldnt even come out to him, so i took him to docs the next morning and he said he had lost his immune system he got from me about a month ago and he has a really bad cold and nothing he could give him just keep him cool, try getting water into him and calpol for pain and temp. He is alot better today not been sick poo back to normal and a lot less sleepy,he has started taking his feeds and slept in his own bed last night it was great. Doc said it should last about 10 days but no improvement bring him back.So i would give it a day or two and lo not any better go back. i hope lo gets better soon as its srtessful when there like this you dont know what to do for them, take care.
    vikki xx