Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cradle Cap?

Hi girls,
Connors got cradle cap and baby oil doesnt seem to be helping are the shampoos worth it?
Gill
xxxx

Replies

• I haven't tried the shampoos but have you tried olive oil. I use it my LO - she has cradle cap on her eyebrows. Emilia had it on her eyebrows too and I think someone suggested it to me then which is why I use it on Thea - it is thicker than baby oil
  • Thanks il give it a go
    xxxx
  • Dentinox shampoo is fabulous and i couldn't recommend it highly enough - it clears my lo's up in a wash or two, and if i stop using it it comes straight back so it must work! Plus it smells like turkish delight! x
  • Ohh i love turkish delight! Thanks JamDonut
    xxxx
  • Almond Oil is Fab!! been using that the past few weeks on LOs scalp it just comes away! xx
  • i tried dif shampoo's and creams etc with Tegan but none of them worked, it eventually went on its own after a while xx
  • Ahhhh, the dreaded cradle cap. Zackys had cleared up and thought we were finally free from it but no... it has returned with a vengence.

We tried olive oil before on the advice of the HV, it made it twice as bad so stopped. We got some cradle cap cream from boots which worked a treat. But now he has a thick head of hair so im wondering how to make sure the cream getson his scalp not just his hair LOL.
  • Best thing by far for us has been a nit combs (metal toothed is better)!! When I get lo out of bath, all snuggled in towel, I gently comb his hair and remove all the loose bits. More will come off after when u dry it as well. Have done the same with all of mine image
  • millie had it for a few months nothing seemed to work i use to put the cream on and tried oil but didnt really work . it is nearly gone now i just left it and it seemed to go on its own i just washed her hair every other day with a normal mild shampoo x x
  • i have tried everything event the shampoo's and nothing is moving charlies not even the stuff i got from the doc's x
  • yeh i think most babies go through it at some point but it should clear up on its own just keep shampooing regulary with a mild shampoo i read .x x
  • Aww Grace has got it at the moment and the best thing i've found is combing with a fine toothed comb after she's been in the bath with a bit of baby oil. The rest is coming away pretty easy now when i give her her daily hairbrush.

Lisa xxx
  • Kara had this recently and it was really bad. I used Detinox shampoo and it has completely cleared. I think I only used it about 3-4 times. When I put it on I combed it through with a fine tooth comb and could see it lifting. I washed her hair twice with it everytime she was in the shower. She is 18 months so her hair is quite long and it worked great. When she was younger I used Olive Oil overnight and that also worked but to be honest I found Detinox better. I am going to keep using it for a while yet to make sure it is cleared up completely.
  • wow so many things to try! Thanks so much girls
    xxxx
  • i been trying shampoo and all sorts and maxs wont go!! iol and a comb next i think! xx