Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

implant any1 got preg while implant was in?????

Hi, my baby is 8 months now,
I had rod in my arm when he was 2 month old, been having periods ok, But im late now 6 week late
I just woundered if any 1 had got pregnant with this in arm, I hope im not & its just a mistake as i wouldnt know what id do

How safe is the rod in arm?
Please help
thanks xxx

Replies

• Hi ladies sorry to but in just wondered if it hurt having the implant put in im thinking of having it as ive been caught twice on the pill now and got 2 beautiful girlies but im not ready for anymore for a very long time if ever, im quite scared of how they put it in tho and the side effects does it cause weight gain like the depo? thanks ladies Sophie, Ashleigh 22months and Teigan 3 weeks xx
  • i was going to have the implant but keep chickening out!!!
    i didn't think you have periods with it, my cousin has had it for over 2 years and she said she's only had about 3 light periods!?
    xxx
  • i have had the implant in since my little girl was 3 wks old as i got caught on the pill twice and have 2 girls the nurse that put it in said it is better than being sterilized and is more effective than being sterilized it didnt hurt when it went in they numb your arm it just aches after for a couple of days i have periods on it but they are light and i never know when i am due to come on i can go for 4 wks or longer sometimes between periods and i dont suffer pmt hope that answers your questions emma mum of stephen 5,christopher3,mollie 22mths and abbie 5mths
  • Hi,
    I'm sorry to say this but my SIL fell pregnant while she had the implant. The nurses said that it can make your periods very irregular or even stop them, so when her periods stopped she didn't think anything of it. She didn't realise she was pregnant until she was 18 weeks xx
  • hello there feburary lady, thanks 4 that, no need 2 b sorry, i will have 2 go get a test & check myself, thanks every1 4 there messages
    No te implant doesnt hurt, i had it in wen my baby was 3 week old & they just numb the arm & put like a stick in, its like a little lollipop stick lol, like a swissell lolly lol
    doent hurt at all, i was really scared but nothing 2 worry about,
    im scared of them taking it out, ur only scared of the unknown every1 is the same, no weight gain always been like i am, people blame the implant but the woman says all it can cause is headaches & migranes & a few other things but no weight gain
    take care x & thanks again xx
  • ive had my rod for 8 months now but i have just noticed my stomache has gotton a bit bloted and hard and for about a week my nippples were sore and my period comes mainly about three months every cycle.. after my nipples hurt and ive noticed my bloted stomache i havent had my period. i dont know what to think ? advice, suggestions, anything?!