Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

fao ; ladies who have mirena coil..maybe tmi!!

hi ladies hope ure all ok ...im hoping someone can tell me if this normal!!

i had the mirena coil fitted 2 weeks ago tomorrow and have been bleeding ever since with some horrible af cramps which i have never suffered from !! i stopped bleeding yesterday and oh who is feeling deprived wanted to ..u know what last night so we did and im bleeding AGAIN today ......i have always had relitivly light periods ,that last 3 days max but this is awful ....anyone else had this ??i really hope it calms down as i do not want to have to take the pill !!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    i had the copper coil fitted and it was like this for the first few weeks after i had it put in x
  • Options
    I bled for quite a while too after mine in. They say it takes upto 6 months to settle down so you do really need to try and persevere with it. I have been tempted at time to have it taken out - but what are the other options?

They told me ibuprofen is really good to help with the pain.

The bleeding will stop and get lighter and eventually you wont bleed at all. I havent bled for 3 weeks now and when I did last bleed it was just for 3 days and so light.

I promise it will get better image Keep it in!!

xxxx
  • Options
    Exactly the same happened to me both times! It does settle down after a few weeks, and then all i ever had was the odd bit of light spotting maybe every few months. I'm considering having it fitted again even though OH is having the snip, just so i don't have to deal with monthly visits from the witch! xx