Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Things I'd like to say but won't....

Replies

• Can I join?

To my sister: you are a total waste of space. Grow up and stop acting like such a child. You are 25 for crying out loud. Do you not realise the pain you are putting our parents through?

That feels so good!!!!

Here's another, for my MIL: I am lucky in that we can afford for me to be a SAHM. Not everyone is as fortunate, including your own daughter. Please stop passing judgement and saying things like "surely being a mother is the most important job in the world". It bugs me and one day I will tell you where to shove your opinion, and then where will we be????
  • This is a fantastic thread

I have so many i wouldn't know where to start....if i find a spare 5 hours i will add mine, but thank you so much for giving me a much needed giggle!!

xx
  • I have loved this thread!!!!

To DH
    No DD does not like sky sports news! Please listen to me when I tell you things! It really irrates me when I have said something and then you ask me a question later on! Also I wish you would get a grip of the finances. It really annoys me when you ask me each time you go to buy something which card it goes on!!! You are the bestest husband and daddy in the whole world and i am really grateful for all that you do for us.

To SIL
    I really wish you had more get up and go! It really upsets me that you don't do a lot with my nephew. I am sure he sleeps for too much and should be saying more!

To another SIL
    I get so nervous sometimes around you as I never know what mood you are going to be in. Its like wallking on egg shells. We love you to bits but you really need to get your hormones sorted! The way you talk to people at times is very upsetting! The comment you made when DD was ill in hospital when she was first born really upset me!

Colleague at work
    You are so two faced! You make going to work so hard as you are poisionous and have caused so much upset! I really don't like you and would be happy if I never had to see you again! And why no matter what anyone as done have you had to have done it bigger and better and really - how many qualifications have you got? You seem to have one in everything!

MIL
    I love you to bits but why don't you listen! It really is quite rude at times! And no we haven't named DD after any one famous! I don't watch big brother/i'm a celeb or any other reality programme on tv so please stop asking me everytime you see me as I have no idea what you are going on about!

I am sure I will be back with more now my tongue has got going lol
  • To my two 'best friends'- I've had a baby not fallen off the face of the planet, I thought you'd dote on my lo, you've always been like sisters to me and it hurts me so much that you don't seem to care. I understand that you've got busy lives and that we know how different interests but it would be nice if you'd occasionally plan something that I could bring my son to. I'm sorry I don't want to go out clubbing anymore, I can't and quite frankly, at nearly 30, after over 10 years of it my ideas of having fun have changed. You'll have your own babies in a few years and then maybe you'll realise how little support you've given me-I will be there for you as I'd hate to upset you the way you've upset me. I'll never get over the fact that it took you both 3 days before picking up the phone to see how my lo was after having surgery-I'll forgive but I'll never forget.

Thankfully that's all I need to get off my chest-ahh that's better! I wish I could say it all to their faces!x
  • To DH

Thank you for sharing the enjoyment of Niamh with me. I love it when you feed Niamh with out being told to so that I get a break - however please get organised before hand. Asking me where her milk/muslin/bib is everytime gets very annoying! How do you think I do it when I am on my own with her?

To my dad
    Niamh does love you lots but I wish you would hold her sometimes rather then be scared of her. Although we see you at least once a week she needs to get used to you as well.

To my stepmum
    No Niamh is not due a feed each time she murmers! I know she doesn't often cry but when she does it is not always because she is hungry. Asking me if she is due a feed each time works me up and makes me feel bad that she is crying and I don't know what is wrong with her! Also please stop repeating yourself! You only need to tell me something once as I do listen! Also I sometimes feel you belittle my dad over his reluctance with his grandchild. You need to encourage him to be more invovled rather then point out the negatives all the time!

To one of my friends
    I am acutally really upset that DD has not been invited to your wedding especially as i am bridesmaid! I am also dreading leaving her for your hen do. When you have children I am sure you will understand

To DD
    Thank you so much for choosing me and daddy to be your parents! You will never know much we love you. We will always be there for you and you can come to us with anything and we will always do our best to sort things out! You have enriched our lives in so many ways and we are so happy you are ours.
  • To my gorgeous DH- You are the most amazing human being I have ever come across. I knew you would be an amazing father but how brilliant you are with Dylan reassures me you will be ok when im not here anymore. Im sorry I cant be the wife you deserve as im ill so much, you deserve better but I know it upsets you if I tell you this

To my dad- I miss you so so much, im so glad you got nearly 6 months of being a grandad even if you were really ill the whole time. He adored you and still chatters to the photo my mum has in her living room like he did to you when you were here. Toby misses you too, it breaks my heart that he still searches for you everytime my mum comes to visit.

To my mum- im so proud of how well your doing since dad died. Dylan adores you and thank you for not interfering in how I bring him up.

To my MIL and FIL- you are amazing amazing people, thank you for making me feel so welcome in your family and for including my mum in things and ringing her since my dad died. You have given more support than some of her lifelong friends and I know she appreciates it as do I. On the negative Dylan doesn't need anymore toys!!! I don't have room and he hasn't played with all the ones you have got him yet!

To my sister- I love you dearly but seriously calm down!! The way you speak to people can come across as aggressive and I know you dont mean it that way but it can be intimidating! Oh and stop spending money you dont have on clothes you never wear!!!!! Dylan adores you though, im so pleased that for someone who swore they didn't like children adores her nephew so much.

To my SIL and BIL's- I love you all very very much, sitting round your dinner table when the banter starts is better than any therapy. Thank you for never treating me differently even when im ill and for getting me out the house by taking me to the cinema, for ones so young you are amazing!

To my gorgeous best friend- I love you so so much you are my rock. Stop worrying you dont help out enough when im ill, you do the best thing for me ever you listen and dont judge. You give my poor hubbys ears a break from some of the dark things that go on in my head and you always make me feel better. I am so lucky to have you in my life.

To the "you are my priority" bloke at work- please stop texting me apologising for not being in touch, then dont get in touch again for ages. I don't like you texting me just to fish for info so you can be the I know whats going on with Em person at work. I've not told you anything in months as you asking about my financial situation is quite frankly wrong and none of your business. I know you cant accept whats happening to me, thats ok you pretending you are ok with it but then saying no thats not happening when I tell you the facts is not. I cant support you I find supporting those I love hard enough.

To my fellow november mummies- thank you thank you thank you, I love you all

To my gorgeous son- I love you more than there are words, thank you for making me smile every single day. Im so sorry I wont see you grow up but I will watch over you with pride and love

xxxx
  • i haven't added my own bit to this thread yet, but have read the odd reply on here and agreed with quite a lot, but i just wanted to say, dylan's mummy, ur post is beautiful and sad at the same time, i know i don't know u, or even 'talk' to u much on here but my eyes are filled with tears reading ur words, u are amazing! xx
  • To DH
    Asking me where her milk/muslin/bib is everytime gets very annoying! How do you think I do it when I am on my own with her?

*nods vigorously in agreement* Sounds very familiar!

Dylan'smummy, you are the most amazing person. Thank you for 'saying' all that to us. It is good to be reminded of just what extraordinary people there are in the world. Take care of yourself, however dark it gets. Dylan is one lucky little boy. x
  • I know I've already written but have just had another work problem!!

To HR dept.
    Do u actually know your ar*e from your elbows? Pls stick your job where the sun don't shine. I'm sick to the back teeth of ringing & e-mailing you constantly because you are always getting things wrong & not listening to me. I'm sick of pushing & pushing & pushing you to do something for me. But when I'm late in handing things in you are down my throat looking for it. It is not acceptable behaviour to still not give me a break down of maternity pay, to confirm my leave starting or what date I'm due back 26 weeks after recieveing my MATB1 you were meant to write back to me within 28 days!! Also, it is not acceptable for you to change the maternity package without written notice. So yes I am bloody well entitled to take my annual leave at end of maternity. & as I had my baby at the start of a leave year it is not possible to take all 5 weeks before my leave starts. It is also not acceptable to give me leave in the middle of maternity leave then say you can, you can't I've checked. I've had so much bother with you & the entire company for years But never in my life have I been more stressed with you while pregnant. Its maybe about time you started to listen to your employees & stop painting over the orange cracks your big hq needs a huge shake up & ppl to realise things can be done a whole lot better & easier.

To my boss
    It is not acceptable that you rang my hubby & asked him could I come into work & do paperwork 2 weeks after I have given birth. I told you months before giving birth that once bubs comes I will be not doing that extra part of my job in which I don't get paid extra for. Volcano or not, just cause ur stuck in london, hello ur at hq & can do it as u have nothing better to do.

ok rant over, feels sooo much better

Jayne xx
  • oh Dylan's mum, you put us all to shame. What a beautiful post, you are an amazing woman x
  • oh Dylan's mum, you put us all to shame. What a beautiful post, you are an amazing woman x

I'm blubbing! I couldn't have said it better PP x
  • Dylansmummy - what a beautiful soul you have. I wish I knew you. I would love to have an ounce of your strength. Your words have made me remember why we don't say all these things we have written in anger and frustration - because a lot of them do not matter in the grand scheme of things and they would sour the lovely things we feel. Thank you.
  • i 2nd renri1002 - you put evertying into perspective dylans mum xx
  • We love you too Emily xxxx You know we think you are amazing in every way
  • sorry girls this is gonna be bad (btw im 30wks pg, my husband left me & i now live in my parents spare room while he's in out 3 bed home - please cut me some slack)

to my husband: when your wife of 7 months tells you shes pg, banging your head off the wall was not the best response. then telling her that termination is the only option & lying to her saying yes if u get rid we will be having another baby in a yrs time, when you had already worked out value of house & how much sublets cost etc. to then accuse her of getting pg on purpose, if i'd wanted us to have a baby by that method i'd have had one 4 yrs ago. 2 wks after bfp to tell her its over & your not willing to working it out, leave her in limbo for another 6 weeks (while still sharing a bed/sleeping with her, to then say you just need 2 wks to think, when she moves back after 2 weeks to pack up & leave. to not attend the 13wk scan. at 19wks when said wife is leaving hosp after being in a bed for 3hrs being checked is not the correct time to tell her your stoping paying bills. to have to be bullied into attending 20wk scan. to take no interest in the baby but state you want her.
    when your 1st wedding anniversary came round & you didnt even bother to txt & check on me, i knew you had no soul. the person living in your body is not the man i fell in love with planned a life with or married. i do not want him as the father of my child.
    she may not be due for 10wks but she still requires all equipment & clothing plus love. she gets all the love i can give her but i doubt it will ever be enough, she deserves more! she deserves what u swore in front of god! but that means nothing to you now.
    when i have been at hosp hooked up to trace machine until 1am & am now in work at 9am having to go for scan at 2, do not state u cant come due to work, for me to read 2 days later on your fb that you were going back to bed cause u "were shattered" try being heavily pregnant & on your own plus all the stress & strain of the fact my work make me feel like crap & a failure due to 2 bouts of sickness for anxiety & stress.
    i am on crutches & struggling on as i still have to pay my part of the mortgage even tho im not living there.

basically dont pretend you care, just keep being the WF you were as that makes me love you less each time you s**t on me.

also when you txt & ask how i am, and i reply ok but tired, respond dont just ignore my reply. either that or i'll just ignore you completely & you can contact my lawyer.

sorry girls for long one
  • bakingapinkone sending you massive hugs xxxx you and your little girl deserve so much more and better xxx
  • just a few wee ones now

to my mum: thank you for being there through this hard time & bringing me home i know a 27yo pregnant daughter you could do without. but the phrase "in my day" is annoying. and when i shop & come home with outfits for my daughter please remember this is all i can buy as you still havent cleared out the box room so she can at leave have a cot;/furinture for me to put her stuff in. so i have to make do with only being able to buy vests. and yes i buy lots but its my only passtime other than work. i cant do much due to hips & i dont have many friends, most dont have much time for me

to 1 of my best friends: i really appreciate what you have done for me, & i know its hard with 2 kids until 4 but remember how lucky you are you only work 3 days a wk & have a loving helpful hubby at home, i go home to myself. i spend weekends generally sat in my 8x8ft room crying or shopping. you really dont spend any time with me, but prior to my marriage collapse you could find a nigt a week for the girls to meet up. i could use more time, also promising to help me fill my anniversary then only being able to meet at 7.30pm (leaving me the whole day to cry) when turns out u have hangover really hurt me.

to my other bf: it proves that sometimes friends fall apart but when someone really needs you a true friend comes back & helps even when you have your own problems to deal with. you have been fab & not judged my choices as some have.i really appreciate your company & support through all this

to my ex inlaws aka vapour: you no longer exist, u treated me as a daughter for years, i was closer to my mil than my mum & then 1 day you just shut me out @ 6wks pregnant when i begged for help in my marriage i will never forget & forgive this EVER. my daughter was a part of me then & when you cut me off you did it to her too. do not EVER complain about wanting to see her. maybe one day i willo find compassion & allow u on my terms near her. but at the mo its my rules!
  • oh & to all the other folk who tell me, it cant be that bad/put a smile on your face its been 6months.
    walk a day in my shoes & see how you feel
  • Totally g/c but had to join in! Fantastic thread.

To my dad & stepmum: I know you live far away, but you could at least pretend to be happy that I'm pregnant again. The word you're looking for is 'congratulations' not 'oh, i see'

To my hubby: I love you to bits, and I know working away is hard, but on the three nights a week you are home you can help you know. The house is more of a mess when you leave than when you came home! And stop pestering me for sex - I do absolutely everything in the house and look after your son. I'm 12 weeks pregnant - I have no energy or time for sex!!

To my MIL: stop calling my son 'BOY' or 'BABY' he has a name!!! Use it!!!
    Stop expecting to come over without notice; I have a life and dont like it when you turn up unanounced. Stop insisting you're going to feed him chocolate when he goes to stay at your house - I dont trust you with him, so he will NEVER stay at your house, and he will have chocolate when I say he can, not before! You are a terrible driver, I hate getting in the car with you so I would never let my child get in the car with you, so stop offering to take him out!

To my sister; i know you hate blokes but stop laying into my husband. if I have issues with him they are my issues, not yours! I dont slag him off to you, so you have no right to slag him off to me.

To my son: please stop digging your elbows into my breasts - they are very sore at the minute!! :lol:
  • Blimey Em, I am lost for words at your stregnth for your loved ones Dylan sadly won't have his mummy forever, but from the sound of your words he has got some amazing people around him to help him grow up to be just like you, inspirational. That is something for the memory box for him, just to let him know how dearly you regard those you are surrounding him with.

Mine turn now, which pales into insignificace really,

To my darling husband; thankyou for your unfaultering support, for giving me the love even when I don't feel deserve it. Thankyou for letting me have the occasional poo in peace, and for doing the ironing!

To my sisters, I love you two to the ends of the earth, you are amazing with Isabelle, and have got more giggles out of her than anyone else. Thankyou for entertaining her and giving me a break!

To my Daddy, your hugs could fix the world.

Mum, I know I am doing it differently to what you did, I am sorry, none of us turned out bad and you spoonfeeding her yummy food that you have mashed will do her no harm whatsoever. I am sorry my temper is so short with you, I am doing my best to tell you I love you a lot more. But, me giving her a bit of booby is not helpful, I romise I will feed her when I et home, just let me get her home!

My inlaws, You are just doing your best by us, I will stop venting with my SIL about you behnd your backs, you have done so much for me, and you brought your son up who I adore, so you can't be that bad!

To my Gran & Grandad, thankyou for being there for me regardless, & no we don't need the fire on its cracking flags outside!

To all my mummy buddies, bloody hell, I couldn't have done this without you, particularly the Rachels!

To my GP. Thankyou for signing me off work so I could get my head around being a mum and love my daughter. Thankyou for listening even if I didn't agree with all of you suggestions

To my angel girl, I love you so much, I am so sorry that some days I didn't. You are the bestest little Peapy in the world, the funniest character and so full of mischief and twinkle.
    Bets XxX