Forum home Babies Baby

anyone want to help me again? would be appreciated!

hi all

thanks to those who helped me last time, im on my last module for my degree before summer and need a case study.
basically i am a full time nursery nurse and work in a low income area, lots of ocuncil and housing association housing and am creating a proposal for my employer that as a nursery we should be doing more to help our community

eg AFFORDABLE childcare
last minute/short notice bookings
an hour of play so children can use our safe outdoor facility..among lots of other ideas

anyway am also on mat leave and running out of time to do this project and i just wondered if anyone could offer a brief case study of their experience with a supportive setting

what did they do to help your personal situation?
did they provide u with info u needed to claim funding/busybee vouchers, return to work
support with accessing training/college/interviews
allowing children to attend outings/bbqs/open days/fundays even though not in the setting permanently

any other info would begreat

i will send u a copy of it all when its done too!

WILL BE SOOOOOOO GRATEFUL to anyone who helps
will be anonymous if you prefer too
email me if u like!

x

just htought id add, i would be interested in a case study about an experience not like anything mentioned above and what support u wish ud had....

[Modified by: ~x~holly&ryan~x~ on 29 April 2008 15:47:36 ]

Replies

• hi sorry to not be any help but didn't want to read and run. The only thing I know of was my local pre-school started an early morning session for working mums but it was as much to benefit them as they would of lost children if they hadn't been able to provide this. Have you thought of contacting sure start as this is the kind of thing they would do isn't it and might have some useful information on other settings that you could use,
    sorry not more help, julesy
  • hi julesy

yeh am taking a leaf out of sure starts book as the childrens centres are taking a snails pace in opening around here

its just a hypothetical proposal for uni, im saying that the day nursery is potentially a good resource for families as not all areas have a centre, we certainly dont..yet!

xx